KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » A flaw in Peter's logic . . .

A flaw in Peter's logic . . .
Started by: Zephonim

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zephonim

A flaw in Peter's logic . . .

I find it kinda wierd that Peter he decides he needs to protect Mary Jane by not being with her. He feels being Spider-Man's girlfriend would be too much of a risk for her to take. But in the two movies she has gotten herself into near death situations by being Peter's friend as opposed to Spidey's chick.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 04:13 AM
Zephonim is currently offline Click here to Send Zephonim a Private Message Find more posts by Zephonim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

yah i always says to my friends
does it make any diference? wake up paker boy

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 04:31 PM
Spiderman_RJ is currently offline Click here to Send Spiderman_RJ a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderman_RJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

Well, he's got her now. Time to protect the wife.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 10:00 PM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ghetto Goblin
Elder Member

well that is because they want to dramatize it even more.
if they let him have her it probably wouldn't be as good or as suspenceful.

...Tomorrow could be the best day of your life...

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 01:20 AM
Ghetto Goblin is currently offline Click here to Send Ghetto Goblin a Private Message Find more posts by Ghetto Goblin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

What I found disappointing is they totally by-passed the Betty Brant story.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 03:59 AM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

You guys are such downers.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 05:11 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abys_ad
Andrew Duncan

Well, now they gonna make lil' spidey babies, and she will become "Spider Woman" and theyll go back to the lab and get her bit by a spider then he will no longer need about that.. so now he will come back and be more mature about his decisions.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 05:49 AM
abys_ad is currently offline Click here to Send abys_ad a Private Message Find more posts by abys_ad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

wtf...that would suck butt.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 05:51 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

quote:
Originally posted by Reborn Again
What I found disappointing is they totally by-passed the Betty Brant story.

that bothered me too

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 02:36 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Thing is with Betty Brant's story, is even though I'd love to see more of 'Da Brant', pretty much every spider-man fan knows where this thing is heading; nowhere.

Same thing goes for Gwen Stacy.

If it's not Mary Jane, then most of know that it's never gonna last.

As long as it's Mary Jane, the interest can with the relationship, because MJ is Pete's current relationship. In the movie it can end, start up again, how many times they like, and the fans will still never know what to expect from Pete and MJ by the end of the movie.

I wanna see some Black Cat action more than anything else though.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 05:25 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

Re: A flaw in Peter's logic . . .

quote:
Originally posted by Zephonim
I find it kinda wierd that Peter he decides he needs to protect Mary Jane by not being with her. He feels being Spider-Man's girlfriend would be too much of a risk for her to take. But in the two movies she has gotten herself into near death situations by being Peter's friend as opposed to Spidey's chick.

In the first movie, she was kidnapped because she liked Peter and vice versa. In the second movie, it had nothing to do with them being friends. She just happened to be the only one nearby that Doc saw, so he grabbed her.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 06:13 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ghetto Goblin
Elder Member

let's just end this now

ITS A MOVIE, THEY WANNA MAKE IT SUSPENSEFUL, THEY WANNA MAKE IT GOOD, SO THEY THINK. OK SO THAT'S IT. IT IS JUST A MOVIE.

...Tomorrow could be the best day of your life...

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 07:26 PM
Ghetto Goblin is currently offline Click here to Send Ghetto Goblin a Private Message Find more posts by Ghetto Goblin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zephonim

"She just happened to be the only one nearby that Doc saw, so he grabbed her."
Not true, Doc Ock even says "Ah, the girlfriend".
And Red Superfly, once again you have shown a totally new light on something I have thought about many times. MJ was always the longest lasting, most meaning full relationship in Peter's life, so it makes sense that they would put her in the movies. Well done.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 08:13 PM
Zephonim is currently offline Click here to Send Zephonim a Private Message Find more posts by Zephonim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Cheers.

And only now am I actually noticing that I have missed COMPLETE WORDS out of my sentences.

Too.....lazy.....to....fix........

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 08:55 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

quote:
Originally posted by Zephonim
"She just happened to be the only one nearby that Doc saw, so he grabbed her."
Not true, Doc Ock even says "Ah, the girlfriend".
And Red Superfly, once again you have shown a totally new light on something I have thought about many times. MJ was always the longest lasting, most meaning full relationship in Peter's life, so it makes sense that they would put her in the movies. Well done.

My bad. But how would he know that Peter liked MJ? He was never told by anyone. Unless he saw them together before he hurled a car at them (he didn't know Peter was Spider-man, so I find it strange that Doc Ock kept attacking Peter with things that would have killed a normal person), but MJ and Pete could have just been friends or people that just met. I'm 99.99% sure that Doc Ock never saw them together before or anything.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 12:43 AM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nobody'sGirl
I am so Confused...

yeah...but he saw them sitting together, so i guess he firgured that since he needed a weaon against peter, he might as well use MJ...i guess he just figured they were gf and bf...it worked, right?

anyways...yeah the logic don't make sense...i mean, even if he's not going out with MJ, she still gets hurt and stuff...i don't really see how he's protecting her by keeping away from her...but i kinda like the old "hollywood drama" thing...i don't think theyre gonna stay together in the third one...cause then where would the romance be...like at the end of the first one, MJ admits she loves peter and then just finds someone else when he says he can't love her...so in the third one, maybe they'll be split up again or something will happen...i think that might be interesting otherwise, where's the romance?

"Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage"
--Smashing Pumpkins

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 02:00 PM
Nobody'sGirl is currently offline Click here to Send Nobody'sGirl a Private Message Find more posts by Nobody'sGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

quote:
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Thing is with Betty Brant's story, is even though I'd love to see more of 'Da Brant', pretty much every spider-man fan knows where this thing is heading; nowhere.

Same thing goes for Gwen Stacy.

If it's not Mary Jane, then most of know that it's never gonna last.

As long as it's Mary Jane, the interest can with the relationship, because MJ is Pete's current relationship. In the movie it can end, start up again, how many times they like, and the fans will still never know what to expect from Pete and MJ by the end of the movie.

I wanna see some Black Cat action more than anything else though.

you can say that about the goblin as well...every spider-fan knew that eventually harry was gonna take over i'm not sayin take out mj and have her replaced by brant i just wished that parker and brant could have had some sort of relationship besides co-workers just write brant in there more or stacey that be cool too...i'd like to see how they would kill her off and have parker react to that...just coz you know whats gonna happen dont mean noone wants to see it coz you dont know how or when its gonna happen or if there gonna go a different route than the comics....you want to see more black cat even though you know all about her but i'm assuming you want to see her for the reasons i just mention

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 02:12 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

quote:
Originally posted by jjoutlaw3
anyways...yeah the logic don't make sense...i mean, even if he's not going out with MJ, she still gets hurt and stuff...i don't really see how he's protecting her by keeping away from her...but i kinda like the old "hollywood drama" thing...

What he meant was that a future enemy might find out that he likes MJ, and use her against him. Say the Lizard was in the next one. If Peter never told Dr. Conners that he liked her and they weren't together, The Lizard wouldn't know to go after her. If he knew that Spider-man liked MJ, then he'd know who to get. The logic makes sense to me.

-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 06:08 PM
Zephonim

I have a feeling we will see MJ and Peter still together and either considering or being married. It would focus more on the strain their relationship is under because of Spider-Man. We'll see how muich pain she is in as she waits at home while he's out fighting. We'll see her watching battles on the news and the injuries he sustains. It will all culminate with MJ asking Peter to hang up the tights, but he, of course, won't be able to, and she will have to accept that. End the movie at the wedding. Boo ya.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 02:26 AM
Nobody'sGirl
I am so Confused...

yeah...i think she might do that...like all that u said and as him to stop being spiderman or something or say she can't deal with that bla bla bla and leave for awhile but they get back together...i would like that...i don't want them to get married so fast because while they are separate, things are still going on between them, u kno?

an i'm glad they didn't make him go out with any other girls because in the movie they really play it up that he is SOOO in love with MJ...it would be kinda weird for him to be drooling over MJ and then go out with sombody else...or at least i think so...i've never read the comics so i don't kno...but i don't think it would work in the movie...

"Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage"
--Smashing Pumpkins

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 03:54 PM
Nobody'sGirl is currently offline Click here to Send Nobody'sGirl a Private Message Find more posts by Nobody'sGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote