KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Spider-Man Games Discussion

Spider-Man Games Discussion
Started by: nightcrawer89

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (34): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nightcrawer89
movie man

Warning Spider man 2 game

this game sounds cool dose any one know when it will come out for game cube.it looked just like the movie dose any one have any game in fo that could help. cool sad evil face

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 08:01 PM
nightcrawer89 is currently offline Click here to Send nightcrawer89 a Private Message Find more posts by nightcrawer89 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jason420
My dad is younger than me

its gonna have lizard and doc ock and you can walk on street and bust muggers and i think it comes out in a couple of months

I was born 8 and 1/2 months premature

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 10:42 PM
Jason420 is currently offline Click here to Send Jason420 a Private Message Find more posts by Jason420 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nightcrawer89
movie man

ok cool i can't wait

Old Post Apr 1st, 2004 04:30 PM
nightcrawer89 is currently offline Click here to Send nightcrawer89 a Private Message Find more posts by nightcrawer89 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zephonim

Gamecube: Pre-Order: Ships on 6/28/2004
XBox: Pre-Order: Ships on 6/28/2004
PS2: Pre-Order: Ships on 6/28/2004

Old Post Apr 1st, 2004 04:41 PM
Zephonim is currently offline Click here to Send Zephonim a Private Message Find more posts by Zephonim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nightcrawer89
movie man

thanks that is really helpful

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2004 04:52 PM
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Yeah you don't have to follow a set path like that last one. You can go up to people needing assistance and help them out and solve crimes. I think these side missions would be set "around" the main story.

Looks great, and from the video I've seen you cannot "fly" web-sling like in the last one - because the webbing has to hit things and you see the webbing grab onto walls and stuff. So no more webslinging ABOVE the skyscrapers.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2004 06:38 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nightcrawer89
movie man

is the frist game good or is it not worth buying i am a spider-man fan and i am just wondering because i jave never played.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2004 07:55 PM
Red Superfly

I sold mine - if I had to recommend a Spiderman game I'd go for the older PlayStaion versions based on the comic books.

In those you get to fight with Venom, Dock Ock, Carnage, Carnage-Ock, Scorpion, Mysterio, Rhino etc and even come across Black Cat and Daredevil if my memory still serves me correctly.

In fact, technically that new one based on the first movie is the same game. Same special moves and everything and not even as fun.

Also, inexplicably, you have "web limits" in the movie game, which doesn't work because in the movie he has organic webbing. In the PS1 game it works because he has the web shooters cos its the comics Spidey.

The enemies suck, they are all gangsters or ROBOTS!?! The cool thing is though at the end of the game you can play as the Green Goblin and fly around on his glider. You play as Harry and the "enemy" Green Goblin is some lame imposter and the story sucks. It's fun for five minutes.

I was just sick of the same moves again. There is literally no inventiveness in that latest one, its still the same game from the first one on Playstation.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2004 12:58 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nightcrawer89
movie man

i have a playstion so i loved the movie would i like the frist game or would i hate it.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2004 03:19 PM
Zephonim

The first game was definatley one of the better Spider-Man games ever made.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 02:31 AM
Zephonim is currently offline Click here to Send Zephonim a Private Message Find more posts by Zephonim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nightcrawer89
movie man

i don't have a playtion is what i meant.cool thanks i am video game player but i don't know whitch ones are good or not so thank you.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 02:20 PM
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Actually the games scheduled to be released on June 11th smile

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 10:09 PM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zephonim

The date I got was from EBGames.com. This game will be wicked better than the first one. It's like Grand Theft Auto 3 except your Spider-Man.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2004 06:10 AM
Red Superfly

I hope they change his special moves. I would also like to have a fight system where you are able to take on 3 thugs at once, that would be cool. The game Blade 2 had a good idea with using the second analogue stick for controlling your punches and kicks, you'd just jab it in the direction you wanted, but it didn't work all that well in that game.

Not only that but I'd like to see them get rid of the web-gloves and the web-dome, man is that getting old. They've never been changed and are incredibly rubbish, you can go thru the whole game without ever needing them. Impact webbing was good, they outta keep that.

Instead I'd replace them with something like web-slingshot, like in the movie where he slingshots himself over to the bridge. That would be good if you had to use it to get to certain places much quicker (e.g. a bomb was going to go off or there was an emergency).

I think the other special move should be that you actually build a huge web, so you can catch cars (have a section where you need to save cars that Ocks throwing around).

I also think that you should try and "catch" bad guys instead of killing them. This would add a more Spidey feel to the game (and borrow some Metal Gear-like stealth aspects). The webbing should also make them stick to floors and walls. It would be sweet to simply stick goons to walls (which could be possible if you use the "web whip" seen in the other games) rather than killing them and watch the dissappear. Imagine webbing up a goon you snuck up on, swing him round your head and throw him onto a wall and watching him get stuck until the cops show up. Of course there should also be the "evil" baddies that you have to kill. The older Spidey games felt very actioney and more like a beat em up. With these ideas you'll feel more like a real superhero struggling to not kill the baddies as Spidey should always do.

I just know that this next game is gonna have little Ock robots that are annoying and you just kill them one after the other in a boring fashion.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2004 02:13 PM
SpyCspider

man, imagine Spidey doing the stuff he's good at, swinging, fighting, exploring a la GTA.....can only hope for so much. =)

I wonder how big Manhattan will be actually and how many buildings will be relatively authentic...

Old Post Apr 5th, 2004 05:25 PM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nightcrawer89
movie man

i hope the fighting in this game is cool

Old Post Apr 5th, 2004 05:39 PM
The Ones
Death Eater

Spider-Man 2 Game Photos

(please log in to view the image)

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post Apr 11th, 2004 09:58 AM
The Ones is currently offline Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

They look great, hopefully the game will also be great.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2004 11:34 AM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Viper
The Mack Daddy of Funk

They look pretty good. If the game is anything like the previous one, it should definitely be awesome.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2004 12:07 PM
Viper is currently offline Click here to Send Viper a Private Message Find more posts by Viper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nightcrawer89
movie man

i bought the frist game and i am alredy at oscop i though this would be hard but dam it is easy.i must the second game when it comes out

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 04:46 PM