KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Do you want to see Gwen Stacy in a future Spider-Man movie?

Do you want to see Gwen Stacy in a future Spider-Man movie?
This poll is closed.
Yes(they should kill off MJ and have Peter and Gwen get married) 0 0%
Yes(just make MJ disappear and Peter and Gwen date for a while) 1 6.67%
No(stick with Mary Jane for all of the Spidey flicks) 4 26.67%
Kill off both of them if they are in a movie together! 0 0%
Bring in the Black Cat instead of Gwen 8 53.33%
MJ should be killed off and Peter should remain single 2 13.33%
Total: 15 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Started by: Zod4Life

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zod4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

To give a future Spider-Man movie a new twist,would you like to see Gwen Stacy?I'd like to see Mary Jane disappear and Gwen comes and Peter dates her.Then,Gwen dumps Peter or gets killed and Mary Jane comes back.I think that it would be nice to at least have her in a movie.She doesn't have to be Peter's new love interest but she could just be friends with eter and MJ. rolling on floor laughing big grin smokin' Happy Dance

Old Post May 7th, 2005 04:30 PM
Zod4Life is currently offline Click here to Send Zod4Life a Private Message Find more posts by Zod4Life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zod4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

Black Cat could be good for a Spider-Man movie someday or maybe Spider-Man 3.I don't know what her name was but some lady said that she wants to have the role of the Black Cat.Mary Jane should never be killed off and should remain with Peter for all of three movies if Gwen isn't introduced in a movie one day.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 04:40 PM
Zod4Life is currently offline Click here to Send Zod4Life a Private Message Find more posts by Zod4Life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

yeah I want to see black cat in a dead on comic book costume...hmmmmmmm

Old Post May 7th, 2005 05:35 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

If I was happy about the way the movies have been made so far I would want to see Gwen Stacy come on and mary Jane die.Thats what I put in my vote for.But seeing as how sony has screwed up these horrible films,I could care less if Gwen Stacy doesnt make an appearance.They would just go and screw her character up as well just like they did with Mj.They made Mj's character like 90% Gwen Stacy and 10% Mary Jane in the movie so they would probably go and make Gwen Stacy like 90% Mary Jane and only 10% Gwen Stacy.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 05:35 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zod4Life
Black Cat could be good for a Spider-Man movie someday or maybe Spider-Man 3.I don't know what her name was but some lady said that she wants to have the role of the Black Cat.Mary Jane should never be killed off and should remain with Peter for all of three movies if Gwen isn't introduced in a movie one day.

It sounds like Black Cat will be in sm3 because they were talking about some female actress playing a villian in the new film so you got to assume it will be Black Cat.I obviously disagree with you about Mary Jane.That was the worst thing to ever happen in the comics was her to find out his identity and them to get married. mad so yeah lets have Mary Jane killed so there will be no damn marriage and bring on Gwen Stacy.that will never happen though so you need no fear that Mj will die.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 05:40 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doctorstrongbad

I would like to see Gwen Stacy in a Spider-man movie. If they want to make more movies then K. Dunst wants to, they could kill her off and bring in Gwen.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 06:33 PM
doctorstrongbad is currently offline Click here to Send doctorstrongbad a Private Message Find more posts by doctorstrongbad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zod4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

I want to see Peter and MJ get married in Spider-Man 3 but I hope that Dunst can look as good as in Spider-Man 3.Kirsten is beautiful and I just think that blond hair is bad for her.Black Cat's costume should look similar to the new Spider-Man 2 the game Black Cat.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 11:05 PM
Spiderman_RJ

if gwen is to appear ,and not have peter, then i dont want to see her at all,
peter and gwen belong to each other, iŽd be really pissed (and that something really dangerous) if they kill either mj for addin gwen, or have gwen to die i the movie. let it how it is, she is going to marry him in the end of the movie.
black cat could be in the movie, but i doubt church will be wearing tight leather (LOL)

Old Post May 8th, 2005 03:25 AM
Spiderman_RJ is currently offline Click here to Send Spiderman_RJ a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderman_RJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symbiotica
Arch-villainess

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinzin
yeah I want to see black cat in a dead on comic book costume...hmmmmmmm

..... I just wanna see her dead evil face

Old Post May 8th, 2005 05:54 AM
Symbiotica is currently offline Click here to Send Symbiotica a Private Message Find more posts by Symbiotica Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D_A_R_E
Heiress of Darkness

I think they should bring in the black cat. It would make it much more interesting than bringing in Gwen.

"I'll take the world when it turns on you. I'll set it on fire.

Old Post May 8th, 2005 06:08 AM
D_A_R_E is currently offline Click here to Send D_A_R_E a Private Message Find more posts by D_A_R_E Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Next Venom_girl
Scream

Black Cat would be cool.
*Sighs*
It would be cool to see Gwen too, but you know what would happen-- either the Goblin or Carnage or villain of the week will waste her before the movie is over.
"Oh my god, they killed Gwen, you bastards!" ninja

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Old Post May 8th, 2005 07:17 AM
Next Venom_girl is currently offline Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Golden Moon

I prefer that MJ stays! anyway he loved her scince he was 6! I don''t think that he would change his mind now that he has her!

Old Post May 8th, 2005 12:11 PM
Golden Moon is currently offline Click here to Send Golden Moon a Private Message Find more posts by Golden Moon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Golden Moon

I don't support that but look what I found!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 8th, 2005 12:21 PM
Golden Moon is currently offline Click here to Send Golden Moon a Private Message Find more posts by Golden Moon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Next Venom_girl
Scream

Only in the movie has he "loved her since he was 6." In the Comics...
...Pete didn't meet her until late high school, early college years.
...MJ is a party girl. Gwen is the good girl (ignoring Sins Past retcon). As previously mentioned, in the movie they've made MJ only 10% party girl.
...Pete had a crush on Liz Allen, then Betty Brant, then Gwen Stacy long before meeting her.
...MJ was introduced to him on a blind date by Aunt May
...Pete avoided meeting her for weeks
...MJ didn't live next door.
...Her face was carefully hidden until the time she is fully introduced when she meets him she says "Face it Tiger, you just hit the jackpot!"

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Old Post May 8th, 2005 06:23 PM
Next Venom_girl is currently offline Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

Thats her catch phrase apperently... She says it in USM too

Old Post May 8th, 2005 06:40 PM
Spideys Sister is currently offline Click here to Send Spideys Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Spideys Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Asian Hulk

Never about Gwen Stacy could raped and killed by GG 2.

Old Post May 9th, 2005 02:11 AM
Asian Hulk is currently offline Click here to Send Asian Hulk a Private Message Find more posts by Asian Hulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Next Venom_girl
Scream

Hey, Harry's not the sick f***, that's his dad. Harry's just got issues w/ Pete 'cause he thinks he killed his father.

Old Post May 9th, 2005 02:42 AM
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

What we have in the movies is not MJ.It's just some whiney glorified drama queen with red hair.

So yeah lets have Gwen.She can be no worse than Dunst.

Old Post May 9th, 2005 12:42 PM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NextActionHero

Gwen Stacy should not be in the Spider-Man movies at this point

I haven't read all the posts, I'm just offering my reasons for voting no on Gwen Stacy making an appearance in the recent Spider-Man movies.

First of all, the filmmakers have opted to omit Gwen Stacy and go right to Mary Jane Watson. The key word here is "omit." The place in time where Gwen Stacy would fit into Peter Parker's life has passed, and to add her in now would only confuse things. Green Goblin is dead, and Spider-Man actually rescued Mary Jane in the film from a situation similar to the one that ended in Gwen Stacy's death. The Green Goblin also ended up impaled on his glider, as he was in the comics when confronting an enraged Spider-Man. So all the elements of Gwen Stacy's death have been presented, only without Gwen Stacy. To have Gwen's death on the conscience of Spider-Man is probably a lot for kids and casual fans to take, as Gwen Stacy is known primarily by comic book fans and that's about it.

I've never seen Gwen appear in cartoons or any other media other than the pages of Marvel Comics, whereas the same cannot be said for Mary Jane, Flash Thompson, J. Jonah Jameson, John Jameson, Joe Robertson, Betty Brant, etc. Gwen Stacy is treated like a dirty secret when it comes to Spider-Man making the leap to any medium other than comic books.

Ben Parker's death, until the first movie, was generally an off-screen event, a shocking discovery for Peter Parker to turn to fighting crime. But Gwen's death happened right in front of the reader, and it seems as though it is Spider-Man's fault that she died because he snagged her with his web and snapped her neck. Fairly intense in comics, so could you imagine live action? The person who got their image of Spider-Man from media other than comic books would be saying, "Who's that? I never knew about a girlfriend who died." So I can see the logic to omit Gwen Stacy, even if I don't necessarily agree with it.

If the filmmakers had wanted to use the Gwen Stacy character, she should have been set up in the first movie and killed in the second, thus setting up Mary Jane for the remaining films. Kirsten Dunst could have easily played either role, by the way. She's actually a blonde.

But given where the movies have taken Peter Parker's life (the films have basically "caught up" to the comics in a short time), Gwen Stacy just will not fit in this retelling of the Spider-Man mythology. These films are more like cartoons than faithful comic book adaptations. I'd imagine there will be restarts a la Batman Begins in the future, so I could see Gwen finally being portrayed onscreen in another film or television series, but not this continuity.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 07:17 AM
NextActionHero is currently offline Click here to Send NextActionHero a Private Message Find more posts by NextActionHero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

I agree next action hero.You hit the nail right on the head about this spiderman film series.They are not at all faithful comicbook adaptations.Hell the 90's toon even though it wasnt faithful either in a lot of ways,was more faithful to the source material than these horrible movies have been-hence my message below my user name and sig below.but yeah your right,I dont see gwen being portrayed on screen in this continuity,but in another film or tv series she probably will and yeah I think your right, eventutally they will restart the spidey films a la batman.probably 15 to 20 years down the road from the date 2002 since it took them 15 years to redo Batman and finally make a movie that did justice to his character.Batman had a headstart over spidey,so I see the same thing eventaully happening with spidey as well.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 09:47 PM