KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Ok lets get serious

Ok lets get serious
Started by: Doc Ock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Ok lets get serious

I'm not a huge Venom fan but even I have enough knowledge and appreciation of the character to know that there is no way in hell Sam Raimi could cast either Thomas Haden Church or Topher Grace to Play Venom or Man-Wolf or Carnage or any of the other insane ideas people have come up with.

You have to back up your suggestions with logic and a bit of evidence always helps.

For example take the Sandman thing.Both Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire have publically said they love him and would like to have him as the next villain.

Then we get Thomas Haden Church a 46 year old actor being cast.Now in all honesty when you look at him do you honestly see Sandman or Eddie Brock??

Then we get Topher Grace who apparently is being cast as a villain too.So lets look at him.Now in my humble opinion not one villain comes to mind when I look at him.

Frankly I'm kinda sad cos Grace is a good actor but in my opinion he's just not villain material.He's too meek and geeky.I mean just look at That 70's show for example.

Can he pull off the kind of villainy and menace that Alfred Molina and Willem Dafoe gave us??? Colour me skeptical.

He is the same age as Peter and Harry.So really the ONLY villain I see him as being is a Goblin.Why do I say this??

Because one way or another one of the villains is a Goblin.Harry's vendetta will be wrapped up in SM-3 according to Sony.So what does that mean???

Well either Harry himself messes with the Goblin formula and takes it himself and becomes a Goblin.

Or he gets someone else to do it.He pays someone to be his instrument of revenge.Maybe Topher's character.

What do you think?? Does any of this make sense to you guys???

Lets have a good discussion over this.No jumping in and saying "It's gonna be Sandman" or "It's gonna be Venom" etc.Back up your statements and opinions with a little common sense.Justify your ideas please.

Thank you.

Last edited by Doc Ock on May 20th, 2005 at 03:16 PM

Old Post May 20th, 2005 03:12 PM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gls
Holy hell

harry hiring someone (or fooling someone) into being his tool for revenge sounds logical. maybe a hobgoblin for the films.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 04:03 PM
gls is currently offline Click here to Send gls a Private Message Find more posts by gls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jimmy Buggs

why do you keep making threads about the time topic?

Old Post May 20th, 2005 06:52 PM
Jimmy Buggs is currently offline Click here to Send Jimmy Buggs a Private Message Find more posts by Jimmy Buggs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

I don't.I made one thread confirming Topher was playing a villain.

Now I've made one discussing who he and Church may be playing.

Very simple really smile

Old Post May 20th, 2005 07:17 PM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

Hahaha! That makes sense.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 07:56 PM
Spideys Sister is currently offline Click here to Send Spideys Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Spideys Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Eeeeek Sorry guys I'm afraid I've made a mountain out of a mole hill here.

According to Sony's official Spider-Man 3 site Topher Grace's character is completed unconfirmed.

It is not official he is playing a villain after all.The Hollywood reporter made that up mad

Sorry guys my bad embarrasment

But I guess that gives hope that Harry may still be the Hobgoblin.

Paola you may close this thread.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:13 PM
Jimmy Buggs

lmao very simple eh. so why are you requesting both of them be closed?

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:31 PM
Jimmy Buggs is currently offline Click here to Send Jimmy Buggs a Private Message Find more posts by Jimmy Buggs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Yes Buggsy.Both of them closed.As Topher being a villain is false info.

See it is simple smile

Last edited by Doc Ock on May 20th, 2005 at 11:36 PM

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:34 PM
The Joker#1
Powerful foe

I'm kinda glad about this.

I want Harry and Thomas Church as the villains.

Topher Grace is not very villain like to me.

Since he has a comedy background I'm guessing he'll have a comedic role.Like Jonah Jameson.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:42 PM
The Joker#1 is currently offline Click here to Send The Joker#1 a Private Message Find more posts by The Joker#1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VeNoIIvII
Restricted

Account Restricted

STOP OPENING THREADS DOCK OCK>>>>>YOU KNOW NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post May 21st, 2005 12:18 AM
VeNoIIvII is currently offline Click here to Send VeNoIIvII a Private Message Find more posts by VeNoIIvII Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Joker#1
Powerful foe

quote: (post)
Originally posted by VeNoIIvII
STOP OPENING THREADS DOCK OCK>>>>>YOU KNOW NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah just like you.

But you opened two threads and they both got closed Happy Dance

Doc Ock didn't claim he knew anything.He was just starting a discussion.Again learn to read before speaking.

Last edited by The Joker#1 on May 21st, 2005 at 12:21 AM

Old Post May 21st, 2005 12:19 AM
The Joker#1 is currently offline Click here to Send The Joker#1 a Private Message Find more posts by The Joker#1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Originally posted by VeNoIIvII
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oy that was uncalled for.

Like you never made a thread claiming you're in the know about the SM-3 villains.Like edekton said they got closed.

So don't try and act condescending to me about something you've done yourself only worse.

That makes you a hypocrite.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 12:41 AM
Jimmy Buggs

ock , Avi Arad said that Grace had been cast contrary to the typical nice-guy roles that have made him a house hold nam.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 01:43 AM
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Oh so he's not playing the type of guy in 'That 70's show'.

Wow he must be a villain then stick out tongue

That means NOTHING.

Just because he isn't playing the geeky funny type of guy he usually plays does not mean he's a villain.No way.

Last edited by Doc Ock on May 21st, 2005 at 01:57 AM

Old Post May 21st, 2005 01:48 AM
VeNoIIvII
Restricted

Account Restricted

i know alot of you think my opinions suck and dont like me (and yes Doc Ock I guess i am a hypocrit) but this is what i think for Tropher Grace........VENOM....but PLEASE let me explain before you guys rip this apart.....He is young, he could play Eddie Brock....people who play dorky roles on one show can get really serious in another, and as for his dorky appeal...its called a gym and a personal trainer...movie stars can get very builked up and muscular for roles. Im not saying Venom will appear in this one, im just saying he could be Brock.....just think of what they can do to him to make him look very sreious....(please dont rip this apart..just think) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 21st, 2005 06:40 PM
VeNoIIvII is currently offline Click here to Send VeNoIIvII a Private Message Find more posts by VeNoIIvII Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

uh i dont thnk so but Harry might actually hire someone and then think what has he done,he is gonna kill Peter and there u have it goblin war
(hopefully)
sandman could be a minor villain killed off about halfway

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 11:21 PM
spencerspider is currently offline Click here to Send spencerspider a Private Message Find more posts by spencerspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

Originally posted by Doc Ock
Paola you may close this thread.

pm me next time

by Scythe

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 11:13 PM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote