KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Spiderman or Manspider? (Dedicated 2 Mr Parker)

Spiderman or Manspider? (Dedicated 2 Mr Parker)
Started by: spidey-carnage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
spidey-carnage
Harry Potter fan

Question Spiderman or Manspider? (Dedicated 2 Mr Parker)

Who agrees with me? Is it spiderman or manspider?
REPLY!

Luvly Bannanazuh!

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 10:31 AM
spidey-carnage is currently offline Click here to Send spidey-carnage a Private Message Find more posts by spidey-carnage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Encicra
RL: Dustin Parker

The reason that "Spider-man" was choosen was because the name just sounded right. I learned that from a Stan Lee interview.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 12:37 PM
Encicra is currently offline Click here to Send Encicra a Private Message Find more posts by Encicra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VeNoIIvII
Restricted

Account Restricted

manspider sounds stupid thats why...lol

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 12:54 PM
VeNoIIvII is currently offline Click here to Send VeNoIIvII a Private Message Find more posts by VeNoIIvII Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Depends on your personal opinion.

Spider-Man to me.

But if some people think Man-Spider then thats their right.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 03:03 PM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

It's pretty simple. He was a man first, then became bit, so in essence, he's a Man-Spider, having adopted the characteristics, but that sounds stupid, so its reversed for marketability.

The same can't be said for Superman, or "Man-Super", as he was born with his gift.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 03:54 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Mr. Parker and I have had discussions about this and I agree with him. Man-Spider only applies to Sony's Spiderman. The original Spiderman from marvel is a scientist who builds and creates his own webbing. His superpowers came after the fact he was bitten by a radio active spider. Thus, the title is more fitting in the comics as Spiderman. But the version from Sony does no justice to the character. He is fully mutated (which I won't go on with this because is a whole different topic) and shoots his webbing from his organic body. That makes him a mutant. Whereas the Comic Book version clearly explained he was not a mutant when Spidey transformed himself into the Man-Spider saga in which he grows 4 arms.

Just recently Mr Parker and I discuss the issue of Batman. A friend of my was introduced into our logic of Man-Spider. But he rejected that logic by making the statement that the same can be said about Batman. Meaning that it would be more logical to call him Man-Bat. But this is where his logic fails. Batman has no superpowers nor did he became a bat. However! Batman has an adversary known as Man-Bat. This Man-Bat has the similar case as Spiderman. Man-Bat is illogical for Batman (Bruce Wayne) because there is no organic change from a man to an animal nor there is a mutation. Bruce chose the symbol of the bat (for discussion purposes we will use the word "chose" in this case. This could be argued later in another thread) to strike fear into the hearts of criminals. Within time he became a myth, a legend, and finally a reality for the crime world in Gotham.

With Superman is a totally and different case. Superman was not born a man first and then gain powers. He was born with his super powers at child birth. Thus "Man-Super" does not apply. Is a bit tricky with these names.

Examples Captain America was not really a Captain he was a private.

Mr Fantastic was not really fantastic he was first Scientist Reed Richards and then became Mr Fantastic by accident.

A clear example is Thor. Much like Superman Thor was born with his powers and then he created his secret identity. You can't call him Man-Thor because is ludicrous and the same with Superman.

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Jun 6th, 2005 at 05:27 PM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 05:25 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

man-spider is probably the right interpritation (sp?) of what he is but like you say it doesnt sound right

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 06:25 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Chocolate
Hotter Than You Know

I agree with WD, it should've been called Manspider, only because the Spider man movie was so inaccurate.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 06:26 PM
Sweet Chocolate is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Chocolate a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Chocolate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Your Angel
I agree with WD, it should've been called Manspider, only because the Spider man movie was so inaccurate.

true

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 06:27 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cindy8219
I have died and will die.

It definitely should be Manspider.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 08:03 PM
cindy8219 is currently offline Click here to Send cindy8219 a Private Message Find more posts by cindy8219 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

Originally posted by WindDancer
Mr. Parker and I have had discussions about this and I agree with him. Man-Spider only applies to Sony's Spiderman. The original Spiderman from marvel is a scientist who builds and creates his own webbing. His superpowers came after the fact he was bitten by a radio active spider. Thus, the title is more fitting in the comics as Spiderman. But the version from Sony does no justice to the character. He is fully mutated (which I won't go on with this because is a whole different topic) and shoots his webbing from his organic body. That makes him a mutant. Whereas the Comic Book version clearly explained he was not a mutant when Spidey transformed himself into the Man-Spider saga in which he grows 4 arms.

Just recently Mr Parker and I discuss the issue of Batman. A friend of my was introduced into our logic of Man-Spider. But he rejected that logic by making the statement that the same can be said about Batman. Meaning that it would be more logical to call him Man-Bat. But this is where his logic fails. Batman has no superpowers nor did he became a bat. However! Batman has an adversary known as Man-Bat. This Man-Bat has the similar case as Spiderman. Man-Bat is illogical for Batman (Bruce Wayne) because there is no organic change from a man to an animal nor there is a mutation. Bruce chose the symbol of the bat (for discussion purposes we will use the word "chose" in this case. This could be argued later in another thread) to strike fear into the hearts of criminals. Within time he became a myth, a legend, and finally a reality for the crime world in Gotham.

With Superman is a totally and different case. Superman was not born a man first and then gain powers. He was born with his super powers at child birth. Thus "Man-Super" does not apply. Is a bit tricky with these names.

Mr Fantastic was not really fantastic he was first Scientist Reed Richards and then became Mr Fantastic by accident.

A clear example is Thor. Much like Superman Thor was born with his powers and then he created his secret identity. You can't call him Man-Thor because is ludicrous and the same with Superman.
That is as detailed as it gets. But the comic book Spiderman is classified as " An illegal genetic mutation" Mutants are born with their powers.( Spidergirl inherited it from her dad.) Genetic mutations either puposely tampered with their genetic structure or in Peters case, It happened by accident. The man- Spider is still a result of the Peters genetic makeup becoming screwed. It wasn't exacty his fault. ( Cartoon Spidey I can blame.)

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 08:33 PM
Spideys Sister is currently offline Click here to Send Spideys Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Spideys Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Originally posted by WindDancer

Now, he being Fantastic is strictly opinion, lol. If I thought he were an *******, he's be Mr. *******. The rest of the crew take on his namesake, they'd be the Assholes 4, or Four Assholes.

That said, did Doctor Doom ever really get his degree? ninja

(BTW, excellent summerization for the non-comic fans.)

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 01:15 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Now, he being Fantastic is strictly opinion, lol. If I thought he were an *******, he's be Mr. *******. The rest of the crew take on his namesake, they'd be the Assholes 4, or Four Assholes.

That said, did Doctor Doom ever really get his degree? ninja

(BTW, excellent summerization for the non-comic fans.)
Wow . And I really wanted to see the FF movie to...

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 01:29 AM
Spideys Sister is currently offline Click here to Send Spideys Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Spideys Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doctorstrongbad

Is this entire thread a joke? Mr. Parker would always complain about the spider-man movies. I think he was almost banned several times. If you don't believe me you can read his old posts. Are you guys trying to get him to come back?

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 04:19 PM
doctorstrongbad is currently offline Click here to Send doctorstrongbad a Private Message Find more posts by doctorstrongbad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

I agree.

This thread was not necessary and just an obvious attempt to provoke a flame war.

Pathetic.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 04:42 PM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

Hey thats not nice its an okay thread...Thats why I didn't start it I knew someone was gonna come and be all moodie.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 01:05 AM
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

How is this a nice thread???

Please explain.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 01:08 AM
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

No one breathes a word of the Man-spider saga Except Mr.P and Its nice to hear about an overly Mutated Parker. Funny even though some people MAY think it's a load of bull. All I have to say is no one told those people to come spam up this thread. Clear enough Doc?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 02:54 AM
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

I think you misread what Man-Spider means to Mr Parker.

He is talking about Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man and how he had organic webbing.

Not the mutant spider Peter turned into in the cartoon.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 02:56 AM
LousyBoy

Yeah, this thread should be closed down. Theres no conclusion or agreement ever made. Let By-GONES be By-GONES.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 03:33 AM
LousyBoy is currently offline Click here to Send LousyBoy a Private Message Find more posts by LousyBoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote