KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » "Webshooter"

"Webshooter"
Started by: leren

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leren

"Webshooter"

Make some with CO2 Cartridges, tubes, puncture needles, small electric spinners (to form "strand") Have a solid platform that will fit comfortably and a good puncture system in place while keeping the mechanism in an air-tight environment. Formula for "web" (don't swing with this stuff)

1/3 light CA glue (super glue)
1/3 anti-adhesive (preserve as liquid)
1/3 regular Elmer's glue (for texture)

add a small amount of vinegar and salt (to speed reaction when exposed to cold air)

Works great. Looks real. Performs. (don't swing though -it doesn't shoot more than 25ft anyway)

I will provide image soon (maybe if I have time)

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 07:14 AM
leren is currently offline Click here to Send leren a Private Message Find more posts by leren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gen-117
Mayday's Symbiote

blink you actually made one?

Venom: Excellent! We feared you wouldn't survive our attack!
Spidergirl: How sweet! i didn't know you cared!
Venom: We don't

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 07:21 AM
Gen-117 is currently offline Click here to Send Gen-117 a Private Message Find more posts by Gen-117 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leren

Sleep "Webshooter"

Sure, why not? Follow my ideas, and you can make one too (if you're creative). experiment with different hardware. Definately experiment with the "web" formula. Let me know if you can make improvements!

Last edited by leren on Jun 11th, 2005 at 07:34 AM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 07:31 AM
leren is currently offline Click here to Send leren a Private Message Find more posts by leren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

Oh my god! That...I'm obsessed and sure I've thought about doing that before but I wasn't sure how...Man now I need some cash to try it out

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 07:49 PM
Spideys Sister is currently offline Click here to Send Spideys Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Spideys Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Hey thanks for sharing that with us.Looking forward to the image you will provide. smile

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 07:52 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stevie
Blitzed out of our skulls

Deffinatly trying this one out a soon as possible!

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 08:13 PM
Stevie is currently offline Click here to Send Stevie a Private Message Find more posts by Stevie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leren

"Webshooter"

I will have pictures tomorrow. (6-11)

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 05:27 AM
Time Of Evil II
Definitely Maybe

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leren
I will have pictures tomorrow. (6-11)

Quick! Post them!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 09:03 AM
Time Of Evil II is currently offline Click here to Send Time Of Evil II a Private Message Find more posts by Time Of Evil II Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

Yay! I need to copy what I need....Man You rock!!!!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 05:56 PM
Spideys Sister is currently offline Click here to Send Spideys Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Spideys Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leren

Soon

I'll post them as soon as possible. I need to down-size the pictures so they will fit.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 06:29 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stevie
Deffinatly trying this one out a soon as possible!

OMG.... i can see the news reports now

Hundreds of "fanboys" were found dead across the world this morning after attempting to copy their comic book hero Spider-Man"

"the fanboys had taken tips from a poster on an Internet comic forum and had attempted to recreate the "web" substance used in the comic books and, more recently, on the big screen by the so called "Amazing" Spider-Man..... while the original poster had told them NOT to swing from this home made web formula, most of them had been far too excited and couldn't help but try to do just ONE swing from the roof of their own homes"

"A spokesman for Marvel comics added"
.......... "these freakin' retarded fanboys are gonna be the death of me.... hey... are you a reporter?... IS THAT F**KIN' CAMERA ON???......"
"at which point we lost transmission"

"the police are currently searching for one Mr "leren" and have high hopes he... or she.... will be able to aid them in their quest for a scapegoat"

>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<

"in other comic related news it turns out that Spider-Man can indeed defeat Captain America, DareDevil and Wolverine all at the same time"

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 06:51 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leren

"Here they are"

I didn't say it looked good, I just said it functioned. The substance is stored in the main chamber, which is a 6oz model airplane fuel tank available at most hobby stores. With the pressure created by the output of the CO2 cartridge, the fluid is forced through the opening on the opposite side if the chamber (I also added a secondary rubber pipe that extends to to the nozzle). The substance is immediately spun by the "nozzle," which is a funnel attached directly to the 4.5v electric located at the entrance of the mechanism. The substance is rotated at about 1,500RPM. (only a small amount is actually forced into the mechanism) ------ During this time, the substance is cooled to subzero temperatures due to the cold air immited by the CO2 cartridge, but the reaction caused by the Co2 between the sodium and the cyanoacrylate. -------- At the end of the "nozzle" is a small metal shield (spinning at the same RPMs as the funnel. This metal shield has six 2mm diameter holes around the outside and a larger 4mm hole in the middle. The dense substance (dense at cold temperature) is forced through the small openings. Once it leaves the nozzle the liquid becomes far less dense in a matter of a fraction of a second. This reaction to the temperature change happens so fast that the liquid instantly turns into a semi-solid gel and crystals (most likely to to the sodium). ------ The Co2 cartridge is punctured by two small spring-loaded nailed (sharp). The two 1" steel springs and the small "v" clamp inbeteen them are squeezed together by the tension on the cables (which lead through small fiber tubes to the front of the shooter).

--------- WARNING: DO NOT SHOOT THIS DEVICE AT ANIMALS OR PEOPLE! THE SUBSTANCE BONDS TO SKIN immediately AND WILL BURN! (sorry if you had intentions) ALSO, DO NOT SWING! (although you'll find it's obvious) The "strand can only handle about 20lbs of weight. ALWAYS wear eye protection when firing this device. It does not shoot a well defined unidirectional strand like Spider man's shooter. This device is far from perfection and substance may shooter in different directions, although most will spin into the center strand. ALSO, this device is very loud with the combined noise of the motor and the Co2 cartridge. Consider wearing ear protection. The device I built shoots a maximum of 25-30ft, so be careful. It shoots at high pressure.

-------
Well, that's it. It is very frustrating to build because of all the ligistical features that need to be constantly altered. I'm sorry but I can not provide further instruction through text. Good Luck and be careful. Don't get too carried away.

Attachment: shooter 001.jpg
This has been downloaded 1685 time(s).

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 07:19 PM
leren

Another

In action - the substance comes out in thin "needles" that are molded in mid-air. It is blurred because my camera can not capture at the required frame-rate. Inside of the main chamber, the liquid is violently mixed as the air is forced through to the front.

Attachment: shooter 00009.jpg
This has been downloaded 1616 time(s).

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 07:23 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

i especially like the elastic band that attaches it to your forearm

big grin

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 07:24 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leren

Dried substance

The dried substanse is almost rock hard. Within the dried substance there is crystalization from the sodium reaction.

Attachment: shooter 010.jpg
This has been downloaded 1373 time(s).

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 07:27 PM
doctorstrongbad

Wow that is the coolest thing ever. I wish I was better at building stuff and so I could have some web shooters. smile

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 07:27 PM
doctorstrongbad is currently offline Click here to Send doctorstrongbad a Private Message Find more posts by doctorstrongbad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leren

Front angle

Front angle. Notice the six holes and their diameters.

Attachment: shooter 003.jpg
This has been downloaded 1410 time(s).

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 07:28 PM
leren

Nevermind

Sorry, nevermind -the holes aren't visible at the down-sized resolution. Also, the flash washes the out the sight of the holes because of the refective material behind them.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 07:29 PM
VeNoIIvII
Restricted

Account Restricted

Man this could be very dangerous..(not that i care).....but if someone were to "web" someone up, could it be serious???

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 07:31 PM
VeNoIIvII is currently offline Click here to Send VeNoIIvII a Private Message Find more posts by VeNoIIvII Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leren

No too

It would not be very serious. It would hurt for a while, especially when it comes time to peel it off! The oly time it is serious is if it gets in eyes, mouth, etc. Just don't do it.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 07:33 PM