KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » New to spidey.

New to spidey.
Started by: Duodenum

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Duodenum

New to spidey.

Im really into other comics and ive always been a fan of the ol' spiderman cartoons on fox, and I loved the movies, so I was thinking about maybe getting some spiderman comics. For someone new to the comics, but someone who knows about the origin of spidey, where should I start?

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 11:47 PM
Duodenum is currently offline Click here to Send Duodenum a Private Message Find more posts by Duodenum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Next Venom_girl
Scream

There are many inexpensive TPB editions of original comics from the 60s and 70s, of important storylines, and of amazing artists like Romita and McFarlene.

You also might want to look at Ultimate Spider-man (Personally, I don't agree with all the changes Bendis made but it is new fan friendly:/).

You might try here. They usually have pretty fair reviews:
http://www.spiderfan.org

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Last edited by Next Venom_girl on Jun 13th, 2005 at 12:11 AM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 12:06 AM
Next Venom_girl is currently offline Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Duodenum

I've seen ultimate's of other comics and I cant say that I like them either so I doubt id try that, but the "essential spiderman"'s seem pretty good.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 12:34 AM
Duodenum is currently offline Click here to Send Duodenum a Private Message Find more posts by Duodenum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stevie
Blitzed out of our skulls

I like reading Ultimate Spiderman. You could give that a try.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 02:21 AM
Stevie is currently offline Click here to Send Stevie a Private Message Find more posts by Stevie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

If you like black and white comics then get the essentials.

I'm very nit picky.I need my comics in colour.Fortunately you can get all the Stan Lee classics in the 'Marvel Masterworks' series.

I treasure them.

Also pick up Ultimate Spider-Man.Overall a good series but like Venom girl said it has got it's flaws.

But the pros outweigh the cons IMO.

Btw great screen name big grin Do you know what a duodenum is?? wink

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 03:00 AM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Duodenum

Yeah its some part of the large(or small?) intestine, not quite sure where but I believe its near the beginning of it. Its an inside joke im too lazy to explain though.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 02:59 PM
doctorstrongbad

Yeah check out the TPB but try to avoid the clone saga. Ugh.. it never happened I tells ya.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 10:54 PM
doctorstrongbad is currently offline Click here to Send doctorstrongbad a Private Message Find more posts by doctorstrongbad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

some of the Clone stuff was pretty good.... Scarlet Spider and Kaine kick ass

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 11:47 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote