KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????
Started by: lil pimp

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lil pimp

Question Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

I have a huge question for all you hardcore fans i have noticed alot of the spiderman and batman fans really take it to another level ,i mean cursing out another person just becouse of they happened to say something wrong about lets say a villan,i mean all of a sudden you guys turn into the motherf*ck'n Hulk and tear them a part so hears my question to you all why do you take superheroes so seariously i mean there not even real but you guys act like they are!?

Also one more question why do the movies have to be word for word to the comics i mean why cant they be original?

PS: I am just asking simple respectable questions i am not making statements!

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 06:48 PM
lil pimp is currently offline Click here to Send lil pimp a Private Message Find more posts by lil pimp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

I feel really at home in this thread big grin

Ok define "Saying something wrong".Like saying Carnage or Man Wolf will be the villain in SM-3??

And you're asking why can't the movies be original?? Then what's the point?? Spider-Man and all related characters are from the comics.That's why they are successful.The movies are adapted from the comics.

Only an idiot would deviate dramatically from the comics.Otherwise you're looking at foreign characters.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 06:59 PM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil pimp

OK thats understanding, but why do you take it so seariuosly?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 07:08 PM
lil pimp is currently offline Click here to Send lil pimp a Private Message Find more posts by lil pimp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Next Venom_girl
Scream

Don't want the movies turning to crap. They already made some crappy decisions in the first movie what with organic webshooters and the Goblin resembling a Power Ranger.

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 07:16 PM
Next Venom_girl is currently offline Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

The only reason to take it seriously is when you get people who think they know what's better, but they have absolutely nothing to back it up with. I'm a film guy, I study film, I write films, I act, etc, so I know what I'm talking about more than the average idiot. So I get serious when I hear someone constantly defending a useless point, such as "why not make Harry the Hobgoblin instead?" They don't understand anything about continuity, spacing in film, approaching it from the GENERAL audience's perspective, etc. So when they get snippy, that's when I get serious.

As for other times, well, I'm a fan. I don't want to spend 8 bucks to see a movie I hate, and go "well, they should've ended it with #2"

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 08:58 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil pimp

Now im not trying to say harry should be hobgoblin but its not that much of a bad idea but then again im not a fan of spidey that much!Also one of my biggest questions i have noticed so many times poeple bringing up the little things in the movie way dont you just relax and try to enjoy the movie for what it is?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 10:51 PM
The Ones
Death Eater

its an adaption of the comics and if it isnt what the comics are and they have turned it in a totaly different direction then i and my fellow fans get pissed

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 10:56 PM
The Ones is currently offline Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

I'm not the type that brings up little stupid things. I've actually heard people complaining about the color of Tobey's eyes...now, come on, does that matter? I just don't wanna see a complete disregard for continuity and such, like people that think Carnage should be in the next film before Venom, just because.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2005 03:54 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil pimp

Now if you were to find out that harry was going to be hobgoblin would you guys not bother to watch the movie even if it turns out to be good!Also i forgot were i heard this but i think it was about x men, somebody said that "movies should take a storyline right out of the comic".Now i dont know about you guys but that sound stupid for the fact that there wont be any suprises and you can just read the comic!

Old Post Sep 5th, 2005 08:29 PM
lil pimp

I forgot to ask my last question ,for now,well Stan lee wrote the comics so dont you think its his decision whether there should be new elements to the movies?i mean if it werent for him you wouldnt have spiderman, or x men ,etc .

Old Post Sep 5th, 2005 09:25 PM
doctorstrongbad

Stan Lee did create the comics but he doesn't make the movies. He recently sued marvel and won 10% of the money from Spider-man 1 and 2.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 06:07 PM
doctorstrongbad is currently offline Click here to Send doctorstrongbad a Private Message Find more posts by doctorstrongbad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

If Harry becomes the Hobgoblin in the next film, I will post up a thread on here apologizing for saying how right I thought I was gonna be.

If anything he'll be a redone version of the Green Goblin, and even then, Raimi I think is smart enough not to teeter the audience and hope that they won't mind seeing the same character (which a lot of people complained about, I didn't mind GG in the first one but some think he looked horrible and such). And for these people that don't understand, you can't have people as big as Grace and Church, playing very very minor villain roles behind ANOTHER Green Goblin.

That would be like doing this, if you're into Batman:

Batman Begins had Ra's Al Ghul and Scarecrow.
Sequel has Mr. Freeze, Joker, and Ra's Al Ghul, and Joker and Freeze just stand back and do nothing, even though they're being played by bigshots like, idk, Ben Kingsley and Adrien Brody.

See what I mean? From a logical and a financial standpoint, it makes absolutely no sense. You don't pay actors a shitload of money to be cast as one of the biggest villains in a saga, and give them a bit part, behind something you've already done before.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 06:35 PM
Drache53
Zombie Hunter

Amen to that.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 10:15 PM
Drache53 is currently offline Click here to Send Drache53 a Private Message Find more posts by Drache53 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doctorstrongbad

Yeah he really broke it down for us. lol

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 05:05 PM
doctorstrongbad is currently offline Click here to Send doctorstrongbad a Private Message Find more posts by doctorstrongbad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LousyBoy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lil pimp
OK thats understanding, but why do you take it so seariuosly?

Cause they have nothing better to do.
I mean, these guys will post like 5-10 times a day or more and have hundreds of posts before half a year after being registered.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2005 12:01 AM
LousyBoy is currently offline Click here to Send LousyBoy a Private Message Find more posts by LousyBoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Originally posted by LousyBoy
I mean, these guys will post like 5-10 times a day or more and have hundreds of posts before half a year after being registered.

5-10 times a day eek!

Wow they must spend their ENTIRE day on the computer roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Someone show this fool to the door.And let it hit him on the ass on the way out.

Lousyboy.You chose that name well laughing

Old Post Sep 9th, 2005 12:24 AM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LousyBoy

Yah man tell me bout it, ive been on here since Noon and this is only my 3rd post for today. Got some work to do.

Last edited by LousyBoy on Sep 9th, 2005 at 12:52 AM

Old Post Sep 9th, 2005 12:50 AM
LousyBoy is currently offline Click here to Send LousyBoy a Private Message Find more posts by LousyBoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

wow your pretty much insulting every single human being in kmc even moderators man no one posts as few as 5 to 10 times a day i pity the foo!

Old Post Sep 9th, 2005 12:51 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Yah man tell me bout it, ive been on here since Noon and this is only my 3rd post for today. Got some work to do.

I guess it's because you have nothing worth saying smile

And please go to your 'work'.Far be it from us sad fools with no lives to stop a swinging cool dude like you from wasting your life away here roll eyes (sarcastic)

Heaven forbid you might make more than 5 posts in 24 hours.Quickly run!!!!

Old Post Sep 9th, 2005 01:12 AM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
Don't want the movies turning to crap. They already made some crappy decisions in the first movie what with organic webshooters and the Goblin resembling a Power Ranger.

Yeah and unfortunately because of those stupid decisons that the screenwriters and Raimi decided to do with the films,thats what we got. mad these changes that next venom girl mentioned are just a couple examples of major goofs they made in the first film that entirely betray the whole entire spiderman mythos.I dont mind changes just as long as they are reasonable and are warrented,but these changes that next venom girl mentioned,were just insane and unjustified.In the comics,Peter does not meet mary Jane until college.If they had had him meeting her in the movie while he was in high school,I would be okay with that because THATS a reasonable change that makes sense.But to have him meet her in grade school like they did? That change is just insane and unwarrented.But thats what happens unfortunately when hollywood gets their grubby little hands on a great comicbook character such as spider-man or Batman.They decide to do their own little thing and dont care about the outrage it causes among fans who want to see their comicbook character given justice on the screen.If only Chris Nolan had been in charge of directing spiderman I have a feeling a good spidey film would have been made and the movie would have done justice to the comicbook.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2005 06:24 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote