KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Throwback

Throwback
Started by: Spideys Sister

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

Throwback

I saw on Tv once that spiderman had an actual tv show. Not a cartoon in one point. Anyone know what happened to it? BTW if you renember anything Spidey from way back when please I'd love to know.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 02:17 PM
Spideys Sister is currently offline Click here to Send Spideys Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Spideys Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

I have no clue but it sounds sorta cool

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 02:45 PM
spencerspider is currently offline Click here to Send spencerspider a Private Message Find more posts by spencerspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahan
Silver Guy

Are you talking about the TV Show with Nicholas Hammond as Spiderman?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 02:50 PM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

I read that show was horrible.It only got 2 seasons and terrible ratings.He doesn't even websling(I don't think he does,from what I've read).

"It wasn't even about the eggs. Quite frankly I like the eggs, I don't have no...problem with...It's just there's always been a lot of tension between me & Lois. It's not so much as I want to kill her...I just want her...to not be...alive anymore. I sometimes wonder if all women are this difficult. Then I think to myself, wouldn't it be MARVELOUS if I turned out to be a homosexual?"

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 10:14 PM
Kal-El_08 is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El_08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

eww sounds sad

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 10:21 PM
spencerspider is currently offline Click here to Send spencerspider a Private Message Find more posts by spencerspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

That show sucked.

Terrible.

Avoid at all costs.You ain't missing anything.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2005 02:26 AM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

whew good

Old Post Nov 4th, 2005 03:25 AM
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
I read that show was horrible.It only got 2 seasons and terrible ratings.He doesn't even websling(I don't think he does,from what I've read).
Really? I saw it on the all time best superhero and villan countdown....Doc Ock got #9 and GG got #5, It was so sad. But Spidey came out #1

Old Post Nov 4th, 2005 01:58 PM
Spideys Sister is currently offline Click here to Send Spideys Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Spideys Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doctorstrongbad

Well way back in the day Spider-man used to be on The Electric Company. It was on PBS, like a teenage version of Sesame Street. He never talked and fought some strange enemies.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 08:29 PM
doctorstrongbad is currently offline Click here to Send doctorstrongbad a Private Message Find more posts by doctorstrongbad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

hmm weird well how old is this thing

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 09:08 PM
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Well way back in the day Spider-man used to be on The Electric Company. It was on PBS, like a teenage version of Sesame Street. He never talked and fought some strange enemies.
Really. Then what the hell was it about?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2005 01:58 PM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Re: Throwback

Originally posted by Spideys Sister
I saw on Tv once that spiderman had an actual tv show. Not a cartoon in one point. Anyone know what happened to it? BTW if you renember anything Spidey from way back when please I'd love to know.

Here you go:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiderman#Television

Old Post Nov 7th, 2005 04:08 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doctorstrongbad

It was a kid's show and spider-man was there to make "learning cool". It was about 20 years ago maybe older.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2005 05:48 PM
doctorstrongbad is currently offline Click here to Send doctorstrongbad a Private Message Find more posts by doctorstrongbad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

Lame. Totally weak. I thought it was the first action show with CGI or something. They should try again. The cartoons are dying too fast.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 02:03 PM
botcherby

It would actually be pretty entertaining to a kid being introduced to Spiderman... he ran across the rooftops of LA and fought ninjas daily... In fact I'd suspect all you hardcore Wolverine fans would love this show, please for the sake of humanity go check it out!

And for all those Clone Saga lovers, they got that in there too! Cloning SPiderman and! a fight to the death, just like the original comic introducing the clone.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 10:49 PM
botcherby is currently offline Click here to Send botcherby a Private Message Find more posts by botcherby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

the one with Nicholas Hammond was god-awful. He sported similar hair as Peter Parker in the 90s Animated series. The origin story was pretty close....ie....radioactive spider bit him, he walks out, jumps onto a wall to escape a car, etc.

As for the "special" effects....imagine someone throwing strands of cotton over bad guys and actually expecting them to be held. Repeated scenes of a yarn looping around a flagpole and pretending that's Spidey's slinging web. Forgettable villains, forgetable plot.

Ah 70s action series...

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 11:30 PM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

Man, they need to do something new. Spidey Unlimited is gone and they keep reruning the shows from th 80's and the 90's. I don't appreciate it.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 01:57 PM
botcherby

Unlimited sucked so bad big grin

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 09:58 PM
botcherby is currently offline Click here to Send botcherby a Private Message Find more posts by botcherby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Doc Ock
That show sucked.

Terrible.

Avoid at all costs.You ain't missing anything.

true but the same thing could be said for the movies as well even though that tv show makes those horrible movies look like a masterpiece.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 07:16 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Spideys Sister
Man, they need to do something new. Spidey Unlimited is gone and they keep reruning the shows from th 80's and the 90's. I don't appreciate it.

Now those you should be able to appreciate spideys sister,because they are so much better than those horrible movies are.much more loyal to the comicbook.the 90's toon is anyways,but I like the 80's toon because the 90's toon did not draw peter parker right,they drew him to look like nicholas hammond,where the 80's toon nailed his look.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 07:19 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote