KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » What would you do if you woke up with a super power?

What would you do if you woke up with a super power?
Started by: Mac Murphy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mac Murphy

What would you do if you woke up with a super power?

I often find it very unrealistic when super hero's automatically dedicate their lives to fighting crime and risking their lives in battle with super villians for absolutely no form of thanks. The thought of gaining a super power and then risking yourself for no reason to save the lives of ungreatful poeple that would never do the same for you isn't logical. I understand when hero's like Spider-man or Batman who have a reason to fight crime do it. After all crime took away people they loved and so its natural for them to want to fight it but for others it seems pointless. If I were to gain a super power I know for a fact I wouldn't waste my time protecting the lives of people that didn't matter to me at all and hiding behind a mask like a criminal. I would use it to make my own life easier. I'm not saying I'd be a villian using my powers to get his own way but I wouldn't be off risking my life on the front lines or anything. First of all forget this whole secret deal. I'd be open and honest about what I could do from the start. Friends and family would all be aware of my new power. Next I would use it whenever and wherever I wanted instead of only using it when I had no choice. I'd only ever protect those I feel close to like family. If there was a war then I would go on the front lines but that's different. What would you do if you gained a super power and what power/powers would you most like to have? A rapid healing factor would suit me and maybe some inhanced senses.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 09:35 PM
Mac Murphy is currently offline Click here to Send Mac Murphy a Private Message Find more posts by Mac Murphy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

um i would practice them and then sooner or later tell sum of my friends.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 12:16 AM
spencerspider is currently offline Click here to Send spencerspider a Private Message Find more posts by spencerspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wouldn't tell anyone except SOME of my family.I'd use the power to fight crime because being a criminal would only be FURTHER ENDANGERING our speices.Why not help our kind as opposed to help destroy it?But at first I would get some cash but only during the night.I'd want to have powers similar to Spiderman because he has the ability to warn himself of danger which helps ALOT in busting people.But I'd want to be able to lift 50 tons and not just 10.If not Spiderman's powers,I'd want to have Superman's powers.

"It wasn't even about the eggs. Quite frankly I like the eggs, I don't have no...problem with...It's just there's always been a lot of tension between me & Lois. It's not so much as I want to kill her...I just want her...to not be...alive anymore. I sometimes wonder if all women are this difficult. Then I think to myself, wouldn't it be MARVELOUS if I turned out to be a homosexual?"

Last edited by Kal-El_08 on Nov 20th, 2005 at 03:39 AM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 03:35 AM
Kal-El_08 is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El_08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

superman is like god-like, just one weakness

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 04:40 AM
spencerspider is currently offline Click here to Send spencerspider a Private Message Find more posts by spencerspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

He has two weaknesses,Magic and Kryptonite.

"It wasn't even about the eggs. Quite frankly I like the eggs, I don't have no...problem with...It's just there's always been a lot of tension between me & Lois. It's not so much as I want to kill her...I just want her...to not be...alive anymore. I sometimes wonder if all women are this difficult. Then I think to myself, wouldn't it be MARVELOUS if I turned out to be a homosexual?"

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 05:24 AM
Kal-El_08 is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El_08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

o well whatever, anyway i would tell some family lol (dont know about my dad lol) anyway and maybe if some kids at school were picking on someone i would have to teach them a lesson

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 02:27 PM
steverules
The doctor

I would use it to help others. And even though the press would try to make me out as a criminal I would still fight for good, as a wise man once told me "with great power comes great responsibility".

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 03:16 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

i prob would not fight crime

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 03:17 PM
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules
I would use it to help others. And even though the press would try to make me out as a criminal I would still fight for good, as a wise man once told me "with great power comes great responsibility".

laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 05:03 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

yea it was fnny

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 05:06 PM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I think it'd be hard for most of us to NOT be heroes. Can you imagine turning people away when they tell you there's a train full of nuns that's headed straight towards a train full of school children and more nuns?

I would probably totally screw myself over with my powers.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 05:20 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

I decided to take my mask of and show my face of to a train full of people, and then when I was captured by a 8 tenticled freak I decided to free myself of the ropes I had been tied up in after my friend who wants to kill me took of my mask.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 05:25 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fighting crime would be best,that way you wouldn't have to worry about getting shot at every few minutes and you never know when there's going to be a reward out for a criminal.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 06:38 PM
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by spencerspider
o well whatever, anyway i would tell some family lol (dont know about my dad lol) anyway and maybe if some kids at school were picking on someone i would have to teach them a lesson

But then there'd a risk of exposing your secret.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 06:41 PM
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

yea i know, but then again, i might not care

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 08:07 PM
Drache53
Zombie Hunter

Now this is a tough question. What would one do if they had super powers? Knowing what I know of human nature, most would probably turn to crime. Out to make a quick buck, that sorta thing.

Me personally, I'd probably become a super hero, help the innocent and such. I'd like to have powers like Supes, just toned down a good bit.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 11:44 PM
Drache53 is currently offline Click here to Send Drache53 a Private Message Find more posts by Drache53 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

But if you DID get super-powers(I'm talking about anyone),wouldn't there start being other superpowered beings to more than likely become criminals and such?I'd eventually get bored of fighting ordinary criminals,I'd at least want to have a challenge now and then.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 12:38 AM
Drache53
Zombie Hunter

Amen. If something happens to turn one guy into a super-powered being, someone else has to pop up with super powers. There has to be balance in the universe.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 01:53 PM
Drache53 is currently offline Click here to Send Drache53 a Private Message Find more posts by Drache53 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kanis
L dragon

Depends if i was a human/ demon hybrid and i didn't look me then i would adopt a new persona but if gained super strength the ability to fly i would have a secret identity because if their were supervillians then if they found out who i am they kidnap or kill my family.
Doesn't also depend on the location you are in if you are in metropolis or gotham which are big cities then your sorted but if you are in a village or a small town with virtually no crime whats so ever then what will do then rescue cats from trees help old people carry their shopping.

The dragon lord cometh

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 02:39 PM
kanis is currently offline Click here to Send kanis a Private Message Find more posts by kanis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

first. design a costume, kill everyone who has teased me or bullied me and everyone i just hate. then get another costume and fight crime

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 04:14 PM
The Ones is currently offline Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote