KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » "Ultimate" Spider-Man Discussion Thread

Favorite Ultimate Spider-Man villain??
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Green Goblin 4 5.41%
Doctor Octopus 10 13.51%
Venom 38 51.35%
Electro 4 5.41%
Carnage 6 8.11%
Kingpin 2 2.70%
Hobgoblin 2 2.70%
Vulture 0 0%
Rhino 2 2.70%
Shocker 6 8.11%
Total: 74 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

"Ultimate" Spider-Man Discussion Thread
Started by: Dan-El

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (28): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Ultimate Scarlet Spider and the Clone Saga

I'm feeling a little vaclemped... Talk amongst yourselves... Here, I'll give you a topic:

(please log in to view the image)
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN # 97
The Story: “THE CLONE SAGA” PART 1 (OF 6)
As Peter tries to sort out his relationship with the X-Men’s Kitty Pryde—and continue his friendship with Mary Jane—a mall-food-court lunch turns into a free-for-all as Peter and MJ are interrupted by the debut of...the Ultimate Scorpion! But who is the Scorpion—and what sinister conspiracy is threatening Spider-Man’s very existence? The clues have been laid over the past 96 issues...and it all starts to come together here, as we begin the most shocking, most mind-blowing Spider-Man story ever published! And we start with what’s sure to be one of the most talked-about last page of the year! (And no, it isn’t Aunt May as a centerfold.)

(please log in to view the image)
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN # 98
The Story: “THE CLONE SAGA”
Spidey is reeling from the exposure of the Scorpion’s unbelievable identity. But even that pales besides the string of revelations awaiting him such as: Who kidnapped Mary Jane and what does he/she want? Who does Spider-Man struggle against in the old warehouse where he fought his first battle? Who is waiting for him in the house in Queens he and his Aunt May abandoned recently? Your jaw will drop and your mind will go numb when you learn the solution to these mysteries. And the world of Peter Parker will never be the same.

Discuss...

Old Post Jun 18th, 2006 06:14 PM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

So, Spider-Woman or the new Scarlet Spider?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2006 06:23 PM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DBZ MAN
The First Super Sayain

Some people think it's a female version of peter parker laughing

Old Post Jun 18th, 2006 06:26 PM
DBZ MAN is currently offline Click here to Send DBZ MAN a Private Message Find more posts by DBZ MAN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Jen Reilly? roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 18th, 2006 06:38 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

I've heard of this. Bendis had an interview with Wizard about it.

He was pretty damn confident about the story. I have faith in him; he's a good writer.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2006 04:19 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Agreed... except with the Silver Sable arc recently...
And the Hobgoblin thing (though well-composed, Harry is GG2!)
And the whole killing off of Carnage in New Avengers thing...
And the fact he thinks he's God...

lol, j/k. Some of the stuff is good, other isn't bad. I like his take on Spidey, but other shit just sucks.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2006 04:42 AM
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DBZ MAN
Some people think it's a female version of peter parker laughing
That's what ppl said about me when they saw my username. wink jokes aside... that's a hotness pic. That chic has brown hair.... maybe there really is a SS out there. wink or Petey likes to cross dress laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 19th, 2006 01:30 PM
Spideys Sister is currently offline Click here to Send Spideys Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Spideys Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

At the end of the Carnage arc, Doctor Conner's assistant (Ben Reilly) stole some of the Parker blood samples, so there more than likely will be a connection.
... Unless Bendis goes from another angle, like he does a lot. For example, the Eddie Brock being mentioned as a reporter in the first Doc Ock arc, and then we meet a collegate Eddie Brock. WTF?
But yeah, crossing my fingers for SS, whether he be a woman or not! I loved the early clone saga issues!

Old Post Jun 19th, 2006 01:40 PM
steverules
The doctor

I mite actually buy this.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2006 01:49 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
freezedoom
Alburqueque

I can't wait to see the cover of US 99 on tomorrow's
thread of September sollitations

Old Post Jun 19th, 2006 02:02 PM
freezedoom is currently offline Click here to Send freezedoom a Private Message Find more posts by freezedoom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Agreed. I can't wait till it starts next month

Old Post Jun 19th, 2006 05:15 PM
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

Originally posted by Dan-El
At the end of the Carnage arc, Doctor Conner's assistant (Ben Reilly) stole some of the Parker blood samples, so there more than likely will be a connection.
... Unless Bendis goes from another angle, like he does a lot. For example, the Eddie Brock being mentioned as a reporter in the first Doc Ock arc, and then we meet a collegate Eddie Brock. WTF?
But yeah, crossing my fingers for SS, whether he be a woman or not! I loved the early clone saga issues!
Carnage is gonna be a chic. laughing out loud That'd be the worst twist by Bendis....

But wait. I know why you brought that up now... you're thinking that Bendis had Reilly clone Peter and make him a chic. The chic was just like Peter, you know, had his powers and all, but she wants to use them differantly. She shares a connection with him and goes looking for him... when she finds him...wink you'll have to read to see.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2006 05:46 PM
Spideys Sister is currently offline Click here to Send Spideys Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Spideys Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

I think, if this is the new Scarlet Spider, she'll be kept in the lab, watching reports on Spider-Man, wanting to use her own spider powers. She escapes the lab, and starts to go about the super thing, which leads to a conflict between Spidey and Scarlet...

Oh, and her guardian in the lab is a doctor by the name of Miles Warren!!! Ultimate Jackal time!

... Of course, this is all speculation.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 12:02 AM
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

Originally posted by Dan-El
I think, if this is the new Scarlet Spider, she'll be kept in the lab, watching reports on Spider-Man, wanting to use her own spider powers. She escapes the lab, and starts to go about the super thing, which leads to a conflict between Spidey and Scarlet...

Oh, and her guardian in the lab is a doctor by the name of Miles Warren!!! Ultimate Jackal time!

... Of course, this is all speculation.
Who also happens to be Aunt Mays new Boyfriend. Irony. smile He's really with her only to get close to Peter to get some real experaments and clones out of him... but that's just what I think. wink

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 12:26 AM
freezedoom
Alburqueque

Hope that the clone won't melt at the end of the saga. sad
That's a bad story twist. wink

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 01:02 AM
freezedoom is currently offline Click here to Send freezedoom a Private Message Find more posts by freezedoom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

I'm still not totally convinced that this chick IS the new SS...

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 02:49 AM
chucktaylor
Syndicate Scout

She looks more like Spider-Woman to me. Hmmm....

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 08:34 AM
chucktaylor is currently offline Click here to Send chucktaylor a Private Message Find more posts by chucktaylor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

Then shed be part of the Ultimates.Tha chic IS rockin Venoms emblem...

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 11:22 PM
symbiosis
Host Organism

I have a really bad feeling that she is going to be something like a perfected version of carnage only instead of weird clone or Pete's Dad it will be a cone of Mary Jane, Gwen Stacey, or like someone else said a Female version of Peter........ I really hope that I am wrong, but I would like to see ultimate carnage or venom appear in this series tho!

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 12:27 AM
symbiosis is currently offline Click here to Send symbiosis a Private Message Find more posts by symbiosis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chucktaylor
Syndicate Scout

I'd rather have NO Clone Saga in the Ultimate universe.

Don't they EVER learn?!

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 10:35 AM
chucktaylor is currently offline Click here to Send chucktaylor a Private Message Find more posts by chucktaylor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote