KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » It wasn't as bad as I have been hearing

It wasn't as bad as I have been hearing
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
OB1-adobe

It wasn't as bad as I have been hearing

It wasn't the most amazing movie I ever saw, but in terms of Super hero movies, this ain't no Batman and Robin or Superman 3.

Sure personal opinions clash, but it is pretty obvious there is too much cramned in Spider-man 3.

I can't really blame them. Going to script writing and pre production a lot of things were probably being considered.

Mainly the question was probably "Is this going to be the last one?"

A lot of arcs get finalized (PP versus harry, Aunt may/death of UB gets kind of a conclusion, PP and MJ.........well they didn't get married at the end which I was suprised). A lot of fan stuff and Spider mythology gets put in to "try" to please people (Balck suit, venom, sand man).

Actually...........I really hope this is the last one. The Spider-man movies could have been worse, wasy worse, so worse I wouldn't have been talking about this. It would have ended at one and people would be like "hey I wonder if they are going to try to make a spider-man movie again cuz the worst one sucked!"

I think the trilogy as a whole came out okay.

Its cool to see these things in life action, but after a while I just don't think motion pictures is the best medium to capture these characters.

Cartoon shows on the otherhand..........way perfect (if done good of course)

Thank you

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 06:00 AM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PRAYERRUN

Honestly I loved it!!! I just got the movie.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 06:58 PM
PRAYERRUN is currently offline Click here to Send PRAYERRUN a Private Message Find more posts by PRAYERRUN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I HATE 3, I only went to see it because of Venom, Sandman was not in it to please people, more then 75% wanted Venom to be the main villain, 3 ruined Venom and they should do 4 as the Last one, With the villains being the Great Mysterio and Venom, since 3 did no justice to him, and Mysterio is just great.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 07:00 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

your sig wouldn't allude to any bias now would it?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 08:12 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VenomCarnage21
Ho Yeah!

Honestly, the more I watched this movie, the more I hated it. I've come to realize that the lack of Venom, although a point against the film nonetheless, was the lesser of all the evils. Venom may have been featured very lightly in this film, but the Sandman was worse! He got enough face-time, and he just didn't do it for me. I really didn't understand why the Sandman was portrayed as lame as he was. He came off as a lame villain in the film, which is a crying shame, since he's far from lame in the comics (some of the time).

The emotion in this film was crazy! Peter acting like a crybaby one minute, a jerk the next, and a psycho the next...I couldn't take it. The forced love-triangle between Peter, MJ, and Gwen...or was it Peter, MJ and Harry...or how about Eddie, Peter, and Gwen...

Seriously, I'm not going to keep bashing the film. I didn't like it. And I finally realized that its not because Venom got little action, or because Topher Grace played Eddie Brock, but for every other reason possible.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 08:43 PM
VenomCarnage21 is currently offline Click here to Send VenomCarnage21 a Private Message Find more posts by VenomCarnage21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I am with you there, But I have to feature Venom as well, as part of hatred.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 09:32 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Re: It wasn't as bad as I have been hearing

quote: (post)
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
It wasn't the most amazing movie I ever saw, but in terms of Super hero movies, this ain't no Batman and Robin or Superman 3.

Sure personal opinions clash, but it is pretty obvious there is too much cramned in Spider-man 3.

I can't really blame them. Going to script writing and pre production a lot of things were probably being considered.

A lot of arcs get finalized (PP versus harry, Aunt may/death of UB gets kind of a conclusion, PP and MJ.........well they didn't get married at the end which I was suprised). A lot of fan stuff and Spider mythology gets put in to "try" to please people (Balck suit, venom, sand man).

Actually...........I really hope this is the last one. The Spider-man movies could have been worse, wasy worse, so worse I wouldn't have been talking about this. It would have ended at one and people would be like "hey I wonder if they are going to try to make a spider-man movie again cuz the worst one sucked!"

Its cool to see these things in life action, but after a while I just don't think motion pictures is the best medium to capture these characters.

Thank you

I liked it too. big grin

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 10:39 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Good for you.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 10:41 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Good for you.
Yep.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 11:58 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

I thought it was a good movie overall. When I first saw it I was overeager to see Venom and it flew by pretty fast for me. When I got it at home it seemed to me that film itself was very draggy and added in to much unnecessary elements. But I thought they averaged it all out by putting in humor and a lot of action, more than the previous films. I didn't like the whole love triangle thing though, it got boring. Just because Mary Jane was a self absorbed whore and Peter was a whiny little ***** who was full of himself.
I loved all of the villains though, Harry did a great portrayal of a new age Goblin. Thomas Haden Church was an amazing Sandman (Could've been a great Venom to, fit the part better than Topher), and Topher Grace, while not the greatest choice, did a decent Venom with what he was given. I don't mind Venom's little screen time though, many complained about this a lot. He's getting his own movie though, get over it.
Bottom line it was a good film, not as good as the others but it had the best ending fight imo. Can't please everyone though.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2007 01:15 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I loved all three Spiderman movies. They got better as the story progressed. I've jsut bought my copy.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2007 05:19 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

If they make another one, assuming cast and crew returns, it should be the last one.

Have the lizard as the villian, have Mj and PP get married....................................the End.

Don't like it...too bad.....wait till the studio wants to restart the franchise, or make the movies your self

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2007 05:55 AM
Oomny
Promising Tomorrows

Originally posted by OB1-adobe

Thank you

I liked it..but truthly it was sort of a disappointment erm

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2007 06:39 AM
Oomny is currently offline Click here to Send Oomny a Private Message Find more posts by Oomny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

That is how I saw it.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2007 11:24 AM
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Even though he didn't get enough screen time, Venom WAS the main villain of the movie. Both Harry and Sandy turned "good" at the end. So the only deadly girlfriend-kidnappinging threat was Brock...

Just because I have "Venom respect thread" in my signiture it doesn't mean I'm biased, does it?

Last edited by Sam Z on Nov 3rd, 2007 at 08:37 PM

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2007 08:35 PM
Sam Z is currently offline Click here to Send Sam Z a Private Message Find more posts by Sam Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Yeah but Venom was Stupid in 3.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2007 08:36 PM
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

I expected more from him as well. And the fact that he got killed with a granade sucked. Still, he was big and scary and his jaw was ova normal size.

Also, Green Goblin (Norman) is the only villain that appears in all 3 movies. Kinda makes us wonder if he faked his death just like in the comics...

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2007 08:50 PM
Sam Z is currently offline Click here to Send Sam Z a Private Message Find more posts by Sam Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

All, he did was scream, he never even used his Mask either.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2007 08:51 PM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
I loved all three Spiderman movies. They got better as the story progressed. I've jsut bought my copy.

your joking and trying to be funny about the man-spider movies right? laughing

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2007 08:53 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Who else thought 3 was a BIG disappointment.

I did.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2007 08:55 PM