KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » I have a Spider-Man question...

I have a Spider-Man question...
Started by: Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scythe
The Goat

I have a Spider-Man question...

I was reading Spidey's bio on Marvel.com and came across this tidbit of info.

quote:
The Other

Morlun returned again, viciously beating Spider-Man, removing an eye, and hospitalizing him. Mary Jane tried to stop Morlun from finishing off her husband. But when Morlun threatened to kill her, Spider-Man gave the last of his energy to protect her. With stingers that burst from his wrists, Spider-Man slayed Morlun. Spider-Man then apparently died; however, a new Peter Parker emerged from the old corpse, now more fully embracing his "other" self - his spider personae. Retaining his stingers, he discovered other new abilities including night vision, greater control of his skin adhesive properties, and enhanced sensory perceptions, such as being able to sense the vibrations traveling through his webline. Tony Stark looking at Peter as his protégé, gave Spider-Man a new technologically advanced costume with a red and gold color scheme as a gift.

WTF? So he died and apparently came back from the dead? How the hell? Anyone have any scans I can read/see? I found that to be crazy.

Here's the link in case any of you are wondering.

http://marvel.com/universe/Spider-M...Peter_Parker%29

Old Post Nov 10th, 2007 10:41 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

???

Old Post Nov 10th, 2007 10:43 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Yeah, I don't understand how he died and apparently came back with a more accepting of his powers mentality. Doesn't make sense to me.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2007 11:02 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Because the man side of him died but the spider was still alive...he accepted the spider within him and came back more powerful...think of it as him being reborn, he shed his skin and went into a cacoon to gain energy and strength. That the best way I can describe it...the spider side was alive, the man side died...the spider side needed the man side to live and thats what bought him back

Old Post Nov 10th, 2007 11:06 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules
Because the man side of him died but the spider was still alive...he accepted the spider within him and came back more powerful...think of it as him being reborn, he shed his skin and went into a cacoon to gain energy and strength. That the best way I can describe it...the spider side was alive, the man side died...the spider side needed the man side to live and thats what bought him back

What the hell? Does anyone know where I can find comic scans of that event happening?

Old Post Nov 10th, 2007 11:42 PM
steverules
The doctor

You could always buy it...thats what I did and I liked it

Old Post Nov 10th, 2007 11:50 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

You could always buy it...thats what I did and I liked it

Really? What issue is it?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2007 12:00 AM
steverules
The doctor

Well I have the graphic novel but I can still check, I think it gives the issue numbers...you want the one where he returns, so I will check for that one

Ok found the issue it is in amazing spider-man 527 where it picks up where the last one finished and he is in a cacoon

Last edited by steverules on Nov 11th, 2007 at 12:10 AM

Old Post Nov 11th, 2007 12:04 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Thanks.

So wait, when he dies, does a cacoon just wrap around him? or what?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2007 12:17 AM
steverules
The doctor

He dies then he sheds his skin later after he has died, then breaks out of the avengers building and wraps up in a cocoon on a beach underneath the brooklyn bridge

Last edited by steverules on Nov 11th, 2007 at 12:30 AM

Old Post Nov 11th, 2007 12:27 AM
Scythe
The Goat

He dies then he sheds his skin later after he has died, then breaks out of the avengers building and wraps up in a cocoon on a beach underneath the brooklyn bridge

Wow, what's he look like after he's shed his skin?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2007 12:35 AM
steverules
The doctor

I think he just looks the same, I think wiki may be able to describe it better than me...if u still don't understand it then you can buy it if you want. It's the last paragrah of act 3, the one that starts with 'several days' that describes what happens...here is the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider...other#Act_Three

Old Post Nov 11th, 2007 12:39 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Sweet, thanks.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2007 01:07 AM
steverules
The doctor

No prob wink

Old Post Nov 11th, 2007 01:17 AM
Arachnid1

Dude. Steve. No. Remeber, it explained everything in the book. The reason he came back to life is because it was yet another power he got from some special species of spider that is able to renew its life by sheding its skin and starting over. It only works once, but that was just another power he got.

PWNT

Old Post Nov 11th, 2007 02:05 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Dude. Steve. No. Remeber, it explained everything in the book. The reason he came back to life is because it was yet another power he got from some special species of spider that is able to renew its life by sheding its skin and starting over. It only works once, but that was just another power he got.

Really?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2007 02:11 AM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Scythe
Really?

Really.

PWNT

Old Post Nov 11th, 2007 02:46 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Cool.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2007 03:43 AM
steverules
The doctor

I haven't read it in aaaages, I forgot quite a bit

Old Post Nov 11th, 2007 09:29 AM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Is he Like a Snake then, mixed with a Caterpillar, I have not read the morlun comics in ages, however I know he appeared in the 2001 series.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2007 10:52 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote