KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Spider-Man 5 Discussion

Spider-Man 5 Discussion
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Laugh Spider-Man 5 Discussion

quote:
Posted May 16th 2008 11:00AM by Erik Davis

Cinematical just received a tasty little scoop from one of our trusty top secret super delegate Hollywood insiders, and it's purty interesting (all you Spidey fans might want to listen up): Apparently, in the last few weeks, James Vanderbilt (Zodiac) has turned in a working draft of Spider-Man 4 to the studio. However, according to our source, "his story arc has encompassed two films, making Spider-Man 5 shootable at the same time. The studio saw dollar signs and is in the process of reworking his deal to snatch up the story arc." Don't expect anything immediately, though, since we've been told both sides are still trying to negotiate the deal.

Right now we have no word on what that arc is or where Vanderbilt is taking his script, but it's interesting to know that they're looking to spread the next Spidey storyline across two films, instead of shooting one more and taking it from there. Obviously Sony has wiped away the bad buzz from Spidey 3 and is interested in stretching this franchise as far as they can. After three flicks, I can't see Sam Raimi, Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst returning to shoot two Spider-Man films together (would be a lot to take on), but you never know. In the meantime, here's what we know: Looks like Vanderbilt is writing Spider-Man 4 and Spider-Man 5, and the studio might look to shoot both flicks at the same time. We'll update this post should we hear more ...
http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7218
http://www.cinematical.com/2008/05/...-the-same-time/

I just learned that Spidey 4 and 5 are going to be filmed at the same time from the CBR forums and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

I just hope they don't rush things, but on the plus side, a new writer was hired for SM4 and most likely 5. Apparently, this dude will focus more on story than fights and special effects. Its the same dude who wrote the "Zodiac" movie. This info is also from CBR.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6469

So what do you all think of this?

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on May 17th, 2008 at 02:11 AM

Old Post May 17th, 2008 02:09 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

I'm not sure that this should be a separate thread.

Since Spiderman 4 and 5 are going to being filmed at the same time (which means that they'll be two parts of the same storyline), it might be better to just rename the "Spiderman 4 Discussion" thread to the "Spiderman 4/5 Discussion" thread.

Old Post May 17th, 2008 05:08 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
I'm not sure that this should be a separate thread.

Since Spiderman 4 and 5 are going to being filmed at the same time (which means that they'll be two parts of the same storyline), it might be better to just rename the "Spiderman 4 Discussion" thread to the "Spiderman 4/5 Discussion" thread.
Two movies being filmed at the same time doesn't necessarily mean they are going to be part of the same story line. It just means they're being filmed at the same time, so both movies could be completely different from eachother.

PWNT

Old Post May 17th, 2008 06:38 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

I think it's gonna be a 2 parter because otherwise there would be no point filiming the other one straight after

Old Post May 17th, 2008 10:10 AM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Two movies being filmed at the same time doesn't necessarily mean they are going to be part of the same story line. It just means they're being filmed at the same time, so both movies could be completely different from eachother.

Agreed.

Old Post May 17th, 2008 12:21 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
symbiosis
Host Organism

Could it be that they are building up the sinister six and that some villians from #4 wold be returning for the sinister six in #5.

Old Post May 17th, 2008 04:04 PM
symbiosis is currently offline Click here to Send symbiosis a Private Message Find more posts by symbiosis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by symbiosis
Could it be that they are building up the sinister six and that some villians from #4 wold be returning for the sinister six in #5.

Well the first Sinister Six was, Kraven, Mysterio, Doc Ock, Vulture, Electro and Sandman.

Old Post May 17th, 2008 04:11 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Well the first Sinister Six was, Kraven, Mysterio, Doc Ock, Vulture, Electro and Sandman.
We got Sandman, at least. Rumor has it that Spider 4 will have two vllains so that will be three and they could introduce one big one at the end of four so thats 4 villains. They bring in two more in the next movie and we're set for the sinister 6.

PWNT

Old Post May 17th, 2008 09:41 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Still this is way to many villains, 3 was ruined by just 4, and i heard that sony was going to keep to the 2 villains limit for there next installments.

Old Post May 17th, 2008 09:57 PM
Magic_attack
Master of the Torrent

Lets go through what is right with this thought-

Kraven, Electro and Sandman.

Lets go through what is wrong with this thought-

Doc Ock- he is swimming with the fishes.

Vulture- Not sure how cool an old bald guy in a vulture suit would be.

Mysterio- As cool as an old bald guy with a vulture suit is, some dude running around all day with a fish bowl on his head? That takes the cake right there.

Old Post May 17th, 2008 11:08 PM
Magic_attack is currently offline Click here to Send Magic_attack a Private Message Find more posts by Magic_attack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Mysterio is a legend, i cannot allow you to deface such a great villain.

Old Post May 17th, 2008 11:44 PM
Magic_attack
Master of the Torrent

That is what I think of your lousy Mysterio.

Old Post May 18th, 2008 12:15 AM
Magic_attack is currently offline Click here to Send Magic_attack a Private Message Find more posts by Magic_attack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Well sir you have no taste.

Old Post May 18th, 2008 12:41 AM
Magic_attack
Master of the Torrent

Well sir you have no taste.

And you sir, have foul breath. Please move your chair a bit further away from the monitor. You are causing my eyes to water. smile

Old Post May 18th, 2008 12:53 AM
steverules
The doctor

Old Post May 18th, 2008 12:56 AM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by Magic_attack
And you sir, have foul breath. Please move your chair a bit further away from the monitor. You are causing my eyes to water. smile

I will order a code red to destroy you sir, i belive iv'e earned it

Old Post May 18th, 2008 12:58 AM
Magic_attack
Master of the Torrent

I don't argue with you there. smile

Old Post May 18th, 2008 01:04 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by steverules
I think it's gonna be a 2 parter because otherwise there would be no point filiming the other one straight after

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 18th, 2008 01:56 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Will you be using your breath?? stick out tongue

Old Post May 18th, 2008 08:48 AM
Magic_attack
Master of the Torrent

Originally posted by steverules
Will you be using your breath?? stick out tongue

I thought chemical warfare was outlawed by the Geneva Convention? erm

Old Post May 18th, 2008 12:04 PM