KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Favourite stories for the villains

Favourite stories for the villains
Started by: Doc Ock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Question Favourite stories for the villains

Ok, a positive thread for the bad guys where you get to cite and discuss your favourite story or stories the various villains appeared in. I'll cite my favourite one for Ock:

Doc Ock: I have many favourites for this guy, as you may have guessed. But I particulary love the 7 part story done in Spectacular Spider-Man #73-79. In this arc, Doc Ock goes to war with the Owl for this device that can nuke the whole city killing everyone. Owl wants to use it to blackmail the city. Ock wants to use it to prove he is the most dangerous man alive.
After raiding the Owl's lair, and beating him senseless, Spidey and Black Cat have to stop Ock from retrieving the device. Black Cat smashes the device, and then foolishly tries to take on Ock solo, and she ends up being beaten to a pulp, and then mercilessly shot several times by Ock's gang. Spidey, who is in love with Black Cat during this period, goes beserk, and has to rush her to hospital where she has to have open heart surgery.
Meanwhile Ock upgrades his tentacles and makes them stronger than ever. He then goes on a revenge quest to kill both Spidey and Black Cat for ruining his scheme.
He goes to the hospital where Black Cat is recuperating from her operation, and Spidey is watching over her. Ock smashes thru the windo, and delivers his death threat that in 24 hours he'd kill them both. He warned them in advance because he wanted Spidey to live in fear for a whole day before killing. Ock then smashes Cat's life support machine and leaves.
Spidey spends the next day visiting all his friends and loved ones like Aunt May Harry etc, as he thinks he may not live to see them again. He then returns to the hospital and awaits Ock's arrival with the Cops. As his Spidey sense warns him that Ock's coming, he gets the Police to get Black Cat out of there.
The battle that then ensues is awesome, as Spidey and Ock literally spend the whole issue fighting, from the hospital, onto the streets, onto the highway as Ock chases Black Cat's ambulance, onto the train yards where Ock actually smahses a locomotive coming towards him, and finally onto a construction site where Spidey finally manages to beat Ock.

Amazing, amazing story. Doc Ock is so ruthless, twisted, and bloodthirsty in this story. Spidey has one of his best battles ever. His scenes watching over the wounded Black Cat in hospital are really touching. Even better are the ones where he goes to see Aunt May and all his friends, thinking he may never see them again.

So, what are your favourite stories for the villains, guys? I'll add some more of mine later for the likes of Green Goblin, Venom, Mysterio, Electro etc.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2008 01:32 AM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
werehawk

Swarm didn't start out as a Spidey villain, but a Champions villain. His first encounter with Spiderman was my favorite Swarm story (and long before his downgrading to 7-page appearances in the likes of Runaways, Sensational Spiderman, and most recently, Thunderbolts - where Venom eats his skull). It takes place in Peter Parker, Spectacular Spiderman 36-37. Here is the cover for 37:
http://www.comics.org/coverview.las...3940&zoom=4

The art was great and Spiderman trapped in a hive of relentless bees was very well written. How can Spiderman fight bees that chew through his webs. He can't punch them. No, Spiderman has to use his brains to make bee repellant and his persistence as he is stung over and over again to eliminate this threat. A story with a ruthless and scary villain and Spiderman at his best, using his brains and fortitude to win the day.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2008 01:52 AM
werehawk is currently offline Click here to Send werehawk a Private Message Find more posts by werehawk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix2001

My favorite story was Revelations part 1-4, the story where Norman returns after a few decades and reveals he was behind the entire cloning delimmea. It was a powerful moment to see Spidey taking everything Norman was throwing at him, and to see him take the advantage over Norman so easily, was great. Was also touching to see Ben Reilly sacrifice his own life to save Peter's, and finally putting an end to the whole clone delimmea.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2008 05:27 AM
Phoenix2001 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix2001 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix2001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Wow, they are surprising choices, guys. Swarm and a Clone saga story.

Although I did enjoy both of them. Especially Revelations.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2008 01:15 PM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

My fav character is Venom but he's more of an anti-hero, so I'd say that my favorite villain story is The Killing Joker - jokers origin, no point for me to retell the story 'cause there is hardly anyne who hasn't read it yet.
What I like about it is the idea that the guy before turning into the Joker wasn't a supervillain, he wasn't a gangster, he was an ordinary man and everything that happened to him was an accident. It's a story of how one man can go crazy in one day.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2008 03:20 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
harri
I may be a geek

Well this i must say is a brilliant thread by dock ock, well done mate.
is this marvel and dc??? because if it is, i would say doomsday vs superman comics were superman apparently dies, many fans can't stand this comic but i love it, the fact that doomsday is so brutal and you can almost feel the brutality and tiredness of superman, FANTASTIC!!!

Old Post Dec 30th, 2008 04:38 PM
harri is currently offline Click here to Send harri a Private Message Find more posts by harri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Doc Ock: Ult. Clone saga, I have one word for it: Amazing

Was the best storyline I think I have ever read, I loved it

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Dec 30th, 2008 05:02 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2

Yours is the best avatar I have ever seen.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2008 05:32 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Originally posted by harri
Well this i must say is a brilliant thread by dock ock, well done mate.
is this marvel and dc??? because if it is, i would say doomsday vs superman comics were superman apparently dies, many fans can't stand this comic but i love it, the fact that doomsday is so brutal and you can almost feel the brutality and tiredness of superman, FANTASTIC!!!

Thanks man!

Actually is was initially meant to be just for the Spidey villains. But I don't mind DC ones being discussed, too.

The Joker is my favourite comic book villain. The Killing Joke was all kinds of awesome. And I loved the Death of Superman where he fought Doomsday.

One of the greatest comic book battles ever.

Originally posted by steverules_2

Hell yeah! I loved that.

So many twists in that story.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2008 07:46 PM
steverules_2

Originally posted by Doc Ock
Hell yeah! I loved that.

So many twists in that story.

Yeah I liked that, this was much better than the original one as well and the fight with Doc Ock and spider-man and spider-woman was amazing big grin

Originally posted by Wade Wilson
Yours is the best avatar I have ever seen.

Thanks very much dude wink

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Dec 30th, 2008 11:17 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Keehar

'Light of the Night' is definitely Electro's greatest story.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 08:33 PM
Keehar is currently offline Click here to Send Keehar a Private Message Find more posts by Keehar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Venom - In Exile returns where Venom takes on Scarlett spiderman, I really enjoyed the fight that they had and I really enjoyed reading the storyline, I remember reading it on the way to my grandads funeral

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 08:39 PM
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Best Sinister Six storyline is Return of the Sinister Six in ASM #334-339. I'll post some scans from it later.

Basically this where the Six focus on taking on the world instead of just trying to kill Spidey. And Hobgoblin replaces Kraven on the team.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 09:16 PM
steverules_2

Cause Kraven was dead

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 09:24 PM
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Doc Ock on Jan 2nd, 2009 at 01:37 AM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 01:32 AM
harri
I may be a geek

man sometimes dock ock is the coolest spidey villain of them all, especially in the movies.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 11:31 AM
harri is currently offline Click here to Send harri a Private Message Find more posts by harri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Shindiggery
Cynical Egotist

My favourite story for Doc Ock was Amazing Spider-Man number 3 with Doc-Ock first appearance it was just a great Spidey tale with the introduction to one of the best villains in comics. I also liked the introduction to Ultimate Doc Ock in Ultimate Spidey, he was just such a slimy bastard and of course he kicked ass in Ultimate Clone Saga. Here are a few pics.

"You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time. But you were wrong. The world is cruel, and the only morality in a cruel world is chance"

Last edited by Mr Shindiggery on Jan 3rd, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 10:41 PM
Mr Shindiggery is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Shindiggery a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Shindiggery Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
callumseven
!!LEEERRROR JENKINS!!

my favorite character is....if you want to know then look at my signiture.........its true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:P

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 05:58 PM
callumseven is currently offline Click here to Send callumseven a Private Message Find more posts by callumseven Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
harri
I may be a geek

lol who is this callumseven person!!!!

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 06:00 PM
callumseven
!!LEEERRROR JENKINS!!

i agree with steverules2 coz it was an awsome saa

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 06:12 PM
callumseven is currently offline Click here to Send callumseven a Private Message Find more posts by callumseven Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote