KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Spider Man and The New Avengers

Spider Man and The New Avengers
Started by: roleplay

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roleplay

Spider Man and The New Avengers

I have a question that has been bothering me for a long time. After Brand New Day, everyone forgot Peter was Spider Man right? So my question is why is he still on the New Avengers?

He did join the New Avengers because he felt he made a mistake with Iron Man right? So what is his main reason for sticking with the team now?

Has Spider Man referenced the Avengers during his solo series at all? (Or Civil War, Secret Invasion, House of M, etc?)

I'm a member of Roleplay Adventures.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 11:34 PM
roleplay is currently offline Click here to Send roleplay a Private Message Find more posts by roleplay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magic_attack
Master of the Torrent

This question belongs in the Spidey Questions thread but its no big deal.

Right after Brand New Day there was an issue of the New Avengers where he had his mask off. So I think it is just one big screw up on Marvels part.

The only thing that has crossed into Spidey's comics is the Thunderbolts, led by Osborn, coming after him. That tied into Anti-Venom. Other than that I havent seen him mention any of Marvel's Crisis, nor has he mentioned anything about the New Avengers.

If he has I might have missed it, but I pretty much keep up on Spidey.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 11:45 PM
Magic_attack is currently offline Click here to Send Magic_attack a Private Message Find more posts by Magic_attack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

I dont remember him taking off his mask in front of avengers in his series. Im still hoping they're gonna do something about this brand new day and pretend it never happened. Because there's no way of telling what did and what didnt happen to Spider-man, since 1962 because many characters at some point figured out his secret id. Like say Wolverine. Did that fight at the cemetry take place or didnt?

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 05:42 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahan
Silver Guy

Will read Spidey Comics again until BNW was retconned.
Seriously what did JQ smoke when he came up with that idea.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 09:10 AM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Maybe mephisto only retconned the unmasking in civil war.....i dont read spidey anymore...but steve rogers knew peter was spidey...and recruited him for the team...before he was unmasked....but since i dont read spidey anymore its just the impression i get.

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 01:55 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roleplay

Also I'm sure the New Avengers would have some trust issues right? The only reason they recruited him after Civil War was because they knew who he was.

And again, what is his main reason for sticking with them after One more day?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 06:27 PM
roleplay is currently offline Click here to Send roleplay a Private Message Find more posts by roleplay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Marvel has yet to fully explore the details of Mephisto's deal with Peter. So really, we just don't know what did or did not happen in the past.

And yes, it is incredibly frustrating.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2009 05:23 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roleplay

Who else hated the What If Back in Black?

It was like their way of saying " See? It was a good thing Brand New Day happened"

Old Post Feb 1st, 2009 06:42 PM
SamZED

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roleplay
Who else hated the What If Back in Black?

It was like their way of saying " See? It was a good thing Brand New Day happened"

I actually enjoyed reading it because I like it when Spider-man stops holding back and goes berserk. Even though its non-canon I still liked it.

But really, the f@#king BND screwed EVERYTHING up. Even Osborn doesn't know Spider's secret id! Spider-man's arch foe is about to become marvel #1 villain! It could've turned into a huge event for Spider-man but now it all doesn't matter, because they don't go way back like they did before with Gwen's and Harry's deathes.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2009 10:57 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahan
Silver Guy

Yeah I liked What If Back in Black too. But just as it was a What if Story.

It is always nice to see that Spiderman if he wants to can own almost everyone save the heavy hitters. The way he embarresed Tony and owned Kingpin..thats my boy.and dont forget that was the time when he had his upgrades.

I liked his new powers, the thing with Morlun, the mystical aspect about his powers. But now they are all gone together with everything else..

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 04:39 AM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eastsidemaniac

why is it that people always shit on spidey? He makes that book sell!

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 04:56 AM
eastsidemaniac is currently offline Click here to Send eastsidemaniac a Private Message Find more posts by eastsidemaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sparkz

I wouldn't mind half of the stuff in BND if they explained some of it, like Osbourn not knowing his ID, he just said something like "oh good he still can't remember my ID" with no explanation to why he can't, obviously they still go way back, but now it's only Spidey that goes way back with Osbourn, not Peter. I am hoping that Osbourn is going to use all his resources to hit Spidey with, it just will seem wrong if he decides to up his game before getting rid of Spidey, I know he did recently but it was only with the Thunderbolts, and he didn't do much to make Spidey look like such a bad guy like he did back in Identity Crisis.
At the end of the day if they want to keep this ret con they need to get to work on explaining why characters no longer know who he is, what stories apply and if they have changed how did they change.

For example, Matt Murdock probably doesn't know who Spidey is, so that would change the Sin Eater story, which could change Venom's origin's, so it would be nice to know what still applies...

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 09:13 PM
Sparkz is currently offline Click here to Send Sparkz a Private Message Find more posts by Sparkz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Itd take them 40 more years to explain what did and what didn't happen.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 09:18 PM
callumseven
!!LEEERRROR JENKINS!!

ive only just got back into spiderman comics coud someone message me to fill me in plzz

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 11:09 PM
callumseven is currently offline Click here to Send callumseven a Private Message Find more posts by callumseven Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by callumseven
ive only just got back into spiderman comics coud someone message me to fill me in plzz

When did you stop reading? I mean, what's the last thing you read?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2009 11:07 AM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by Arahan
Yeah I liked What If Back in Black too. But just as it was a What if Story.

It is always nice to see that Spiderman if he wants to can own almost everyone save the heavy hitters. The way he embarresed Tony and owned Kingpin..thats my boy.and dont forget that was the time when he had his upgrades.

I liked his new powers, the thing with Morlun, the mystical aspect about his powers. But now they are all gone together with everything else..

Ok heres the stupid thing about that. Joe qhatever his last name is says that alll thats stuff happened and he did get his upgrades and everything. They state they will explain in future comics what happened to them.

And appreantly everyone remembers spiderman taking his mask off they just can't remember who he was

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2009 03:04 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by jalek moye
Ok heres the stupid thing about that. Joe qhatever his last name is says that alll thats stuff happened and he did get his upgrades and everything. They state they will explain in future comics what happened to them.

And appreantly everyone remembers spiderman taking his mask off they just can't remember who he was
Where did you get this info from?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2009 06:47 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by Wade Wilson

Joe Quesada soome of it was said in an interview with newsrama and other on he marvel website.

But yea he says everything happened with the upgrades and unmasking just that its clouded

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Feb 4th, 2009 04:50 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Guardian

Originally posted by Wade Wilson

Joe douche-bag, said it in a conference, and it has been in articles. Just google it or search youtube.

Besides the Obama comic. I have stopped reading Amazing Spider-man. I still read New Avengers and Ultimate Spidey, but that is it.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2009 05:44 AM
Silent Guardian is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Guardian a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Guardian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Wait, if all that happened and the upgrades then why does he use web-shooters?

Old Post Feb 4th, 2009 11:33 AM