KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » What the hell was the point of BND?

What the hell was the point of BND?
Started by: Mindset

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindset

What the hell was the point of BND?

So the New Avengers know who Spiderman is.

Now it looks like the F4 will know too.

Also, if Pete was so nonchalant about showing his face to the NA, why is he ready to fight one of his closet friends to keep his secret...?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 08:30 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

The point was to ruin his marriage and to retcon like a billion stories whith lotsa marvel characters learning his identity in the past 45 years. All the event with DD, Doc Strange, FF, Wolverine etc that took place in the last 45 years are no longer canon. I guess that was Joe's general idea...

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 10:34 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

It's Peter. No matter if Mephisto warps reality to undo his past, the dumb schmuck can't help putting his foot in s**t first chance he gets. roll eyes (sarcastic)

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 03:04 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SamZED
The point was to ruin his marriage and to retcon like a billion stories whith lotsa marvel characters learning his identity in the past 45 years. All the event with DD, Doc Strange, FF, Wolverine etc that took place in the last 45 years are no longer canon. I guess that was Joe's general idea...
No, apparently all his adventures with the other heroes still happened.

In one the the ASM he mentions his fight with Morlun.

And in this ASM he still had the adventure with F4, but their memory of his face was gone.

So pretty much everything is canon except his marriage to MJ, Harry dying, and him getting more powers from The Other, and EVERYONE knowing who he is, but I'm fairly sure more heroes know his identity know than before.

Last edited by Mindset on Apr 2nd, 2009 at 05:45 PM

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 05:43 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by Mindset

So pretty much everything is canon except his marriage to MJ, Harry dying, and him getting more powers from The Other.

no the other powers are appearntly canon also. Joe quesada said he gained them but lost them. And they are supposed to explain how he lost them at a later issue

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 05:46 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Well, Quesada is an idiot.

At least the last couple ASM have been enjoyable, imo.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 05:54 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

yea i hate him

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 06:00 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

the point was also to spring new life into the Spiderman mythos and to make $$$$$$

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 06:51 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
the point was also to spring new life into the Spiderman mythos

his stories were more interesting before this though

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 07:07 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by jalek moye
his stories were more interesting before this though

yes they were.. the stories were a lot better and so was the artwork

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 07:27 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Mindset
Well, Quesada is an idiot.

QFT.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 07:34 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

i hope he doesn't have any more revelations about a characters mythos

and I've always wondered what exactly is his problem with spidey beeing married

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 07:58 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by jalek moye
and I've always wondered what exactly is his problem with spidey beeing married

He doesn't like women.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 08:07 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Ok ive just read some info on ASM 591 it says that that story is gonna be HUGE and somehow effect the whole MU. After reading asm 590 im confused. It seems that Peter actually REMEMBERS that Mephisto wiped everyone's memory and made them forget who Spider-man is.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 09:52 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Ok ive just read some info on ASM 591 it says that that story is gonna be HUGE and somehow effect the whole MU. After reading asm 590 im confused. It seems that Peter actually REMEMBERS that Mephisto wiped everyone's memory and made them forget who Spider-man is.

ok i'm gonna go pick that up just to see whats going on

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 09:55 PM
Mindset

Yea, I made this after I read 590.

Looks like Johnny was aware that he used to know Peter as well, or he had an inclination that he did.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 11:00 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

What?? So why he didn't react when Deadpool accussed him of it? confused

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 11:04 PM
SamZED

I guess we'll have to wait till asm 591 comes out to find out for sure. But seriously, when Johnny strted talking about how weird it is that he doesn't know who Pete is 'cause it seemed to him as if he used to know but forgot I wanted to get into that comicbook and give him a giant hug 'cause that's the first hint since the whole bnd crap that Pete's past wasn't completly wiped out, its just the present's been changed.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 08:18 AM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Finally! It seems clear now that Peter is aware of his deal with Mephisto, or at least knows of it to some extent.

It's about time we learned some of the finer details about the deal with the devil.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2009 09:51 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahan
Silver Guy

After a long time I read ASM. Issue 590.
Well it was how could I put it in the right words....

CRAP

Well first he shows his face in New Avengers
now in ASM 590. And this *oh cant remember* thing
is just ridicilous.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2009 09:00 AM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote