KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Spidey's deal with Mephisto.

Spidey's deal with Mephisto.
Started by: SamZED

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SamZED

Spidey's deal with Mephisto.

I want to know what you people think about the deal Parker made with Mephisto. And im NOT asking if it was a good or a bad idea for a story, 'cause it clearly was bad and ruined years of Spider-man's hystory.

Im talking about the choice Parker made. What do you think about it? Is there no excuse for making a deal with the devil or Parker chose a lesser of two evils? Sacrificed his marriage in order to save a life of innocent. Also, how much did Mary Jane influence his decision, because if I remember correctly she insisted on it to happen while Parker told Mephisto to gtfo.

So... do you think he did the right thing or he made a horrible mistake and no longer deserves to be called a hero?

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2009 10:08 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

His choice doesn't effect being a hero since it really wasn't one that was a herioc choice or not. I think it was stupid in the sesne that Peter knows enoguh about Mephisto to not trust him with anything, and also the fact that he can't keep May from dying for ever. He should have stayed with MJ and just let life happen. but he had to save her atleast ask someone more credible then Mephisto because i'm honestly surprised she hasn't died anyway yet.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Oct 20th, 2009 10:44 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

This was the reason i stopped collecting spidey....and it remains to be the reason i dont care about the spidey books at all

I think all the good he has done is enought to keep him labeled a Hero...but i think it was really stupid....any in depth discussion about this topic always comes down to....the writers and Joe Q......i mean really..... the questions about the whys and why nots pertaining to Spidey and MJ...mean squat.....i think the disscussion can not go anywhere if we are to try and look for motives and reasons behind it in the spideyverse...its all in the offices at Marvel i.m.o

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Oct 21st, 2009 12:13 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

He chose to give up his perfect, hot, loving soulmate of a wife for his old wrinkled, close to death aunt...

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2009 02:26 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Jello
He chose to give up his perfect, hot, loving soulmate of a wife for his old wrinkled, close to death aunt...

This video explains it all.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 12:08 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

That's the worst decision ever made by a fictionnal character.

His friends should slap his face.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2009 06:29 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Didn't Stan Lee establish over a nearly 50 year period that even a slight breeze could kill Aunt May, or did she magically grow younger since 1963?

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Nov 10th, 2009 03:34 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
This video explains it all.

I must admit, I laughed hard.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 02:34 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by Bouboumaster
That's the worst decision ever made by a fictionnal character.

His friends should slap his face.
You think he should've let her die?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 10:06 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by SamZED
You think he should've let her die?

I do because it was her time, if he was gonna save her should have tried it a different way then making a deal with Mephisto who if this wasn't some scheme to get him back to the classic days by the editors; would have killed her the next few days. Spider-man knows shes old and its gonna happen not to far from now, he shouldn't give up his happiness and love to preserve her life a little longer. He has to come to terms with it eventually and I'm sure she wouldn't have wanted it that way. And once again He probbly sold all three of their souls to Mephisto without even knowing it with that deal.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 10:23 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I think he tried a different way. Didn't he ask Doc Strange for help?

Still that was a foolish decision.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 10:42 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

I think it was an awesome decision...good riddance to MJ she was a b#### and Parker knew it, sure she is hot but I believe the deal was made and Spidey just sat there and thought...GREAT! I finally get rid of the ball and chain without regret and I still get someone to cook me pancakes in the morning.
Aunt May>>>MJ anyday wink

Old Post Feb 26th, 2010 03:53 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

^Only if we go by overall hotness then yes - May >>> MJ.big grin

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I think he tried a different way. Didn't he ask Doc Strange for help?

Still that was a foolish decision.
Yeah he went to Reed and Strange for help. Also the fact that they couldn'y cure a gunshot wound is rerarded. Seriously in the next Harry Potter vs Doc Strange thread im voting for Harry. I think the nurse from hogwarts couldve cured that wound. Sorcerer supreme my a$$...

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 04:21 PM
BUSTER1

Originally posted by SamZED
^Only if we go by overall hotness then yes - May >>> MJ.big grin

Yeah he went to Reed and Strange for help. Also the fact that they couldn'y cure a gunshot wound is rerarded. Seriously in the next Harry Potter vs Doc Strange thread im voting for Harry. I think the nurse from hogwarts couldve cured that wound. Sorcerer supreme my a$$...

In Hulk 399 when Marlo died after being stabbed, by a deranged woman who claimed to be Rick Jones mother, Strange couldn't help. Steve told Rick that if Marlo's spirit had been taken by demons, he could do something-but he could do nothing about mundane physical death.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 06:05 PM
BUSTER1 is currently offline Click here to Send BUSTER1 a Private Message Find more posts by BUSTER1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix2001

I believe Spidey's decision ultimately comes down to his limitless unwillinglyness to let any life get passed him. Spidey has always been this way, even towards his worst enemies, and especailly towards his loved ones on more dramatic levels. This trait has varied from one writer to the next, but most often then not, his protectiveness over human lives has only ever been exaggerated, and he will go to extreme lengths to see that protection through.

Last edited by Phoenix2001 on Mar 7th, 2010 at 09:04 AM

Old Post Mar 7th, 2010 08:59 AM
Phoenix2001 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix2001 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix2001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

It was one of the most retarded moments in comics. Even glossing over the fact that people like Reed and Strange can't fix a single gunshot wound (something that's more than possible even in RL) is it really worth it to prolong May's life by a few years, a decade at best?

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2010 12:41 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

MJ should have slept with Stark!
It would have been awesome!!! and the real reason Spidey changed sides in Civil War.
The deal with the devil would've made alot more sense.
But regardless MJ was horrible every girl I know who reads comics agrees.
Rock on Peter!

Old Post Mar 8th, 2010 11:31 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

MJ with Stark? That's too much imo Gwen already slept with Green Goblin...

Old Post Mar 9th, 2010 07:22 AM
Mindset

Originally posted by Omega Vision
It was one of the most retarded moments in comics. Even glossing over the fact that people like Reed and Strange can't fix a single gunshot wound (something that's more than possible even in RL) is it really worth it to prolong May's life by a few years, a decade at best?
Well, she has been in her 60's for about 50 years, so yea, she probably has more than a decade. big grin

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Mar 9th, 2010 09:46 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Deal? What deal? I know of no deal.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2010 03:30 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote