KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Spectacular Spider-Man Canceled! Ultimate Spider-Man Cartoon 2011 on Disney XD!

Spectacular Spider-Man Canceled! Ultimate Spider-Man Cartoon 2011 on Disney XD!
Started by: spidermanrocks

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
spidermanrocks

Spectacular Spider-Man Canceled! Ultimate Spider-Man Cartoon 2011 on Disney XD!

I just found this on superhero hype. THIS IS NOT A RUMOUR.

quote:
Marvel has announced that "Ultimate Spider-Man" is coming to Disney XD in the fall of 2011:

The new series will chronicle the adventures of naive high-schooler Peter Parker as he comes to grips with his new powers.

Along with his new powers, the challenge for the young web-slinger in the new series is balancing his relationships with his friends and family and his super colleagues who can help him gain an understanding of his parent's legacy and his destiny.

"'Ultimate Spider-Man' will be a unique journey exploring our favorite web-slinger as he teams up with other fan favorite Marvel Super Heroes in never before seen stories with a new life filled with great challenges, new friends, intense action and character growth," said Eric S. Rollman, President of Marvel Animation.

WHY? Why would you cancel Spectacular Spider-Man? It's the best Spider-Man adaptation so far IMO.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 03:15 AM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

Yep. Read about this yesterday and this pisses me off for a number of reasons

1. I having a feeling the reason they're doing this is because the reboot is supposed to be based off USM.

2. Spectacular Spider-man was the best Spider-man show ever. It had the classic feel and had great plot, action, animation and character development. It excelled on all fronts when all other Spidey shows feel flat at a least one area.

3. We'll never see the cool stuff Greg had planned for season 3 which included Scorpion and Hobgoblin(Who was set up in season 2)

4. They're canceling a perfectly good show just to replace with the essentially the same thing.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 05:50 AM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

I can't accept this. TSSM was such a good show. I will not watch a single episode of the new show. I refuse to give it high ratings on tv when it comes out. Well, there is now a 'Ultimate Spider-Man Cartoon Protest/Boycott' channel on YouTube. If any of you have a YouTube account, subscribe.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SpideyInterviews

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 07:52 AM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

There is also a petition that was created by that same YouTube channel:

http://www.petitiononline.com/91283844/petition.html

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 07:53 AM
spidermanrocks

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 08:02 AM
Mr. Rhythmic

They didn't say SSM was cancelled just yet. There's only news that a new cartoon will come up. They CAN'T cancel it. I will never support Disney or CW ever again if it's cancelled.
What is the point in this? SSM encompasses everything I've ever wanted in a Spider-Man show. The Ultimate Universe is such a bullshit, stupid, angsty world filled with 'hip' dialogue that'd make even Stan Lee cringe and terrible character ideas that if it was done before the 616-verse, none of the characters we love would've ever been popular.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 08:11 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Dear God ultimate Spider-man... Just shoot me right now.

Not surprised though.. They alwasy cancel good stuff...

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 12:50 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

I found another petition. Sign this one too.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/ssmseason3

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 02:25 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

How is ultimate considered unique to thme. It's pretty much literally the same shit as spectacular spider-man only replace gwen and black cat and them with a less interesting then 616 version of shadow cat and a few other teen heroes and watch them talk about wanting to have sex.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 02:56 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mindbomb
person

this suck ultimate universe is bullshit

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 03:42 PM
mindbomb is currently offline Click here to Send mindbomb a Private Message Find more posts by mindbomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Why would they even cancel one show about Parker's school years just to make another especially now that SSM is already going and well accepted by the fans?

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 06:14 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SamZED
Why would they even cancel one show about Parker's school years just to make another especially now that SSM is already going and well accepted by the fans?

because they like replaying the whole i just got my powers and have so much teen angst thing. And in SSM he was getting over it so it got the can.

plus new movie of highschool means they have to put a new show

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 06:37 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

Originally posted by SamZED

It's not because of poor ratings. The show actually had high ratings. It had one of the highest ratings ever for any Marvel show. This is due to the reboot. Since the Spider-Man live-action movie reboot will be based on Ultimate Spider-Man instead of Amazing Spider-Man, they need an Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon series that will capitalize on the upcoming movies. They can't use Spectacular Spider-Man to do this because Spectacular is closer to Amazing Spider-Man than Ultimate Spider-Man.

As sad as it is, it's the truth: this show is getting canceled because it's staying true to the source material.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 07:11 PM
KCJ506

Yep, I'm officially blaming Arad and the reboot for this. Why?

- He doesn't force Venom down Raimi's throat.

- No interference Raimi doesn't use Venom in SM3.

- No Venom = much better movie.

- SM3 is good so Raimi makes SM4.

- SM4 means no reboot.

- No reboot = No USM movie.

- No USM movie = No USM cartoon.

- No USM cartoon = Third season of SSM.

BLAST YOU ARAD!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 08:40 PM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by jalek moye
How is ultimate considered unique to thme. It's pretty much literally the same shit as spectacular spider-man only replace gwen and black cat and them with a less interesting then 616 version of shadow cat and a few other teen heroes and watch them talk about wanting to have sex.

Ultimate is the 'edgy' bullshit version where they do nothing but add awful cliches and stupid ideas to the story. Spider-Man rogues gallery would be a laughing stock if they were all introduced the Ultimate way. Powerless Kraven? Hulk Green Goblin? Liquid Terminator Dr. Octopus? Bald teenager Electro? Clone Carnage? Serial killer Sandman? Give me a break.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 08:45 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

Anyone here wants to help me boycott this? I'm being serious.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 09:18 PM
spidermanrocks

Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
Ultimate is the 'edgy' bullshit version where they do nothing but add awful cliches and stupid ideas to the story. Spider-Man rogues gallery would be a laughing stock if they were all introduced the Ultimate way. Powerless Kraven? Hulk Green Goblin? Liquid Terminator Dr. Octopus? Bald teenager Electro? Clone Carnage? Serial killer Sandman? Give me a break.

Agreed. Many people say that Spectacular Spider-Man is an Ultimate adaptation but I disagree. 70% of the stuff in Spectacular Spider-Man was taken from The Amazing Spider-Man. About only 30% was taken from Ultimate.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 09:21 PM
KCJ506

Tom Brevoot's response regarding USM smacks of pig-headed ignorance

"It had ran it's natural course"...yeah, a five year plan cut short by corporate greed is a "natural conclusion"

Pity this company folks.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 09:31 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic

i know i was talking about how they claim him in highschool is unique when he already was in SSM only with less stupid shit we dotn care about.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 09:35 PM
spidermanrocks

Ok. From now on, this thread will be dedicated to boycotting the upcoming Spider-Man cartoon series.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 09:35 PM