KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » One Moment in time

One Moment in time
Started by: jalek moye

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

One Moment in time

I just finished it and i would have prefered that this happen in the first place over one more day really.

Thought it was pretty sad but also beautiful

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Sep 9th, 2010 09:06 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Yeah, and gotta admit - I AM thankful to Quesada, Spider-man continuity is LESS f@#$ed up than it originally seemed. Basically everything that happened to Spider-man in the last 20 years stil happened and MJ was there with him just like before, the only diference instead of being his wife, she was his GF.

But im not entirely sure im ok with the decision Pete made, i mean mindwiping people of the entire world just so noone would come after his loved ones? Than again, isnt that what MJ asked Mephysto to arrange? That might be what caused Pete to make that decision..

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2010 10:42 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Yea seemed like it. But really over all it was very wlel done, i was actually surpised. Atleast to me I could reall feel the emotion.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2010 10:48 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SamZED
Yeah, and gotta admit - I AM thankful to Quesada, Spider-man continuity is LESS f@#$ed up than it originally seemed. Basically everything that happened to Spider-man in the last 20 years stil happened and MJ was there with him just like before, the only diference instead of being his wife, she was his GF.

But im not entirely sure im ok with the decision Pete made, i mean mindwiping people of the entire world just so noone would come after his loved ones? Than again, isnt that what MJ asked Mephysto to arrange? That might be what caused Pete to make that decision..

The sense I'm getting from all these Queseda mandated Spider-Man stories is that Queseda is pushing for a theme that it's okay to run away from your problems and take the easy way out.

In this case mindwiping the entire world is easier on you than facing the problem head on.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2010 04:19 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SasuOna

Well instead of my well thought out but generic I hate quesada and OMIT rant I will say something positive. Every issue of OMIT sold over 60k thats good I guess.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2010 06:58 PM
SasuOna is currently offline Click here to Send SasuOna a Private Message Find more posts by SasuOna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Omega Vision
The sense I'm getting from all these Queseda mandated Spider-Man stories is that Queseda is pushing for a theme that it's okay to run away from your problems and take the easy way out.

In this case mindwiping the entire world is easier on you than facing the problem head on.

Spider-man is all about taking the weasel way out.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Sep 10th, 2010 08:08 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by Bentley
Spider-man is all about taking the weasel way out.

No, that's Marvel. Spider-man usually has no problem making the hard choices. I mean, he's had an opportunity to "undo" uncle Ben's death and make it so he'd no longer be responsible for it, but didn't do it to protect some people he doesnt know from POSSIBLE threat.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2010 07:42 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Fools! It's because If Spider-man isn't single he's unrelateable. Now body settles down anymore when they fall in love. So he had to erase the whole world mind

Old Post Sep 11th, 2010 07:49 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by jalek moye
Fools! It's because If Spider-man isn't single he's unrelateable. Now body settles down anymore when they fall in love. So he had to erase the whole world mind

Personally my belief on true love depends on Ultron and Jocasta, one has Pym's mind patterns and the other one Wasp's. You know exactly where that is heading:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 11th, 2010 02:07 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahan
Silver Guy

Terrible. Spiderman gets more and more
fuuucked up thanks to the idiot Quesada.

Its sad destroying my favorite comic hero.
oh well I still have Quicksilver ^^

Old Post Sep 13th, 2010 03:30 AM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Wait a sec, don't you think QS is f*cked up?

Old Post Sep 13th, 2010 03:10 PM
Arahan
Silver Guy

Yes he is but at least it makes sense (somehow)
But the crapness I saw with the Spiderman Universe is far worse
and doenst make sense. The Power of Love..yeah sure whatever....

Old Post Sep 13th, 2010 04:18 PM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stall_19
Herald of Galactus

If they did this instead of what they did then there would be a lot less backlash.

The story in One Moment in Time was really good. Instead of Peter giving up his marriage to save Aunt May who made peace with her death and making a deal with the devil, he needs Strange to make everyone forget because he's putting his friends and family in serious danger. See in One Moment in Time I can totally understand why he made the decision he did. That is a lot more reasonable than OMD.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 05:27 AM
Stall_19 is currently offline Click here to Send Stall_19 a Private Message Find more posts by Stall_19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

It sucked, like almost everything since BND.
**** Spider-Man. Read cosmics, to piss off Joe Q.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 11:12 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by Stall_19
If they did this instead of what they did then there would be a lot less backlash.

The story in One Moment in Time was really good. Instead of Peter giving up his marriage to save Aunt May who made peace with her death and making a deal with the devil, he needs Strange to make everyone forget because he's putting his friends and family in serious danger. See in One Moment in Time I can totally understand why he made the decision he did. That is a lot more reasonable than OMD.

That's still incredibly selfish. Mindwiping an entire planet to protect a handful of people for a fabricated reason (Spidey's supporting cast is constantly in danger whether or not his identity is public) is incredibly unheroic of Spider-Man.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 02:11 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

That's still incredibly selfish. Mindwiping an entire planet to protect a handful of people for a fabricated reason (Spidey's supporting cast is constantly in danger whether or not his identity is public) is incredibly unheroic of Spider-Man.

Is there a selfless way to decide, though, that doesn't get people killed?

Also, i don't believe nobody has posted the whitney houston video yet. what the hell people...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 02:38 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Whitney Houston video?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 10:52 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So Joe Q ****ed up Spidey again.....meh i'll keep getting these new books i like the BND continuty Grim Hunt was good before this latest story from Joe Q.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 12:46 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by -Pr-
Is there a selfless way to decide, though, that doesn't get people killed?

Also, i don't believe nobody has posted the whitney houston video yet. what the hell people...

Nope. But being a hero has never been about taking the easy way out. And in the end I think mindwiping an entire planet is pretty insidious. What's to stop heroes from doing it every time something bad happens?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 05:01 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Scythe
Whitney Houston video?

You make me feel old. Thanks for that.

Nope. But being a hero has never been about taking the easy way out. And in the end I think mindwiping an entire planet is pretty insidious. What's to stop heroes from doing it every time something bad happens?

What would you have preferred, then?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 07:48 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote