KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Anti-Venom is retarded.

Anti-Venom is retarded.
Started by: Zeal Ex Nihilo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anti-Venom is retarded.

First off, terrible name. Secondly, retarded random healing powers. Thirdly, he's basically invincible. After he took Punisher's shotgun blast to the back of the head and then healed, I was done.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2010 02:58 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

The symbiotes are known for their damage soak. Venom took bullets all the time and the suit just spit the bullets out as he grinned.

I do agree with you on the name and the healing/curing ability is strange.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2010 04:40 AM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
The symbiotes are known for their damage soak. Venom took bullets all the time and the suit just spit the bullets out as he grinned.

Venom was also vulnerable to heat and sonics. Anti-Venom shares none of Venom's weaknesses. Shitty character is shitty.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2010 10:17 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
Venom was also vulnerable to heat and sonics. Anti-Venom shares none of Venom's weaknesses. Shitty character is shitty.

He's not Venom, he's ANTI-Venom so why should he have the weaknesses and vulnerabilities of the Venom Symbiote?

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2010 10:49 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
He's not Venom, he's ANTI-Venom so why should he have the weaknesses and vulnerabilities of the Venom Symbiote?

Because being invulnerable makes for a crappy character.

See: Superman.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2010 03:21 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

So when Venom was sitting there and taking hit after hit from Juggernaut with a smile on his he was not crappy? Superman isn't crappy and he's been hurt many times before.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Dec 9th, 2010 10:27 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can see I'm discussing with someone far below me. Good day, sir.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2010 03:48 AM
Ptr_Grifin
What?

You're not discussing anything. You're whinning about a comic book character.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Last edited by Ptr_Grifin on Dec 10th, 2010 at 06:00 AM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2010 05:55 AM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

What's wrong? You complain about how Anti-Venom is "Invulnerable" because he took a shotgun blast to the back of the head and was fine. I give you an example of when Venom took much more damage than a shotgun blast and was fine. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the symbiote evolve and whatnot with each offspring like Carnage isn't vulnerable to heat, sonic weapons or both? What's so wrong with AV not being vulnerable to either especially since it's birth is pretty different from the other symbiotes?

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Dec 10th, 2010 12:02 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

The problem with Anti-Venom is that it has no weaknesses. Even if Venom had the capacity to stand toe-to-toe with Juggernaut--and he shouldn't have had that ability; that was stupid fan-wank at its lowest point--he was still vulnerable to sonics and fire. Anti-Venom has no weaknesses at all.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2010 07:05 PM
skekUng

QFT

I've never seen Anti-Venom. Don't really read many comics anymore; not when you need a road map to figure out which reality of the Marvel Universe you're in.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2010 07:32 PM
skekUng is currently offline Click here to Send skekUng a Private Message Find more posts by skekUng Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

The problem with Anti-Venom is that it has no weaknesses. Even if Venom had the capacity to stand toe-to-toe with Juggernaut--and he shouldn't have had that ability; that was stupid fan-wank at its lowest point--he was still vulnerable to sonics and fire. Anti-Venom has no weaknesses at all.

That's not the first time venom has taken strong punches. He wasn't standing up to him, he was getting stomped all over town, just not knocked out.

So what do you think happened when Scorpion hit him with his stinger?

An excerpt from his wiki bio, I haven't read AV yet but if someone has then I'm sure they'll verify if it really happened or not.

quote:
Anti-Venom faces Gargan, who is now wearing a new Scorpion battle-suit to protect his recovering symbiote. After a gruelling battle, Gargan, as Scorpion, hits Anti-Venom with his stinger and injects a poisonous formula that seemingly destroys Brock's suit. Gargan advances to kill Brock but is met with resistance by his Venom symbiote.
Looks like he was beaten and vulnerable there.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Dec 10th, 2010 08:24 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeed, but his one weakness is a plot device.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2010 10:52 PM
Ptr_Grifin
What?

I don't think all characters need a special weakness. Anti-Venom is not invulnerable. He was temporally KO'd by that shotgun blast. He'll go down to enough punches. It's not like he's going to be Juggernaut or even current Juggy. Taking a few punches don't mean much, Cain did harm him pretty well.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2010 02:44 AM
SamZED

Thing, She-Hulk, Hulk, Juggernaut and the list goes on of the heavy hitters he fought.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2010 10:02 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Venom has always been able to take a hit, though I do agree that Anti-Venom is lame as hell, but that's comics for you nowadays, I haven't picked up a half-decent comic that's not deadpool related in years erm

Old Post Dec 27th, 2010 12:52 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

Ok wow dumb, lame, but please don't use the word retarded when describing something you dislike, loathe or hate.

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2017 11:39 PM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

Re: Anti-Venom is retarded.

First off, terrible name. Secondly, retarded random healing powers. Thirdly, he's basically invincible. After he took Punisher's shotgun blast to the back of the head and then healed, I was done.

Please do elaborate why the name is terrible because you give no reasons to support your statement.

Also if you hate a character, movie, etc the word retarded shouldn't be used. Lameass, awful, dumb, etc those are words you should use.

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post Apr 15th, 2018 08:46 PM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote