KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » the amazing spiderman SUCKS

the amazing spiderman SUCKS
Started by: deathcon27

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
deathcon27

the amazing spiderman SUCKS

ok before everyone starts attacking me, i think that the new spiderman movie completely kills it with the new actors and storyline i would have rathered they continued spiderman 3 who agrees with me? i've been a big fan of spiderman since idk when lol but a long time i dont really care much for spidey anymore but i still respected the movies and was thrilled with spiderman 2 and 3 but now i absolutely cant stand spiderman movies cuz i know that the new one sucks and the old one is discontinued

Old Post Sep 28th, 2012 08:12 AM
deathcon27 is currently offline Click here to Send deathcon27 a Private Message Find more posts by deathcon27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Re: the amazing spiderman SUCKS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by deathcon27
ok before everyone starts attacking me, i think that the new spiderman movie completely kills it with the new actors and storyline i would have rathered they continued spiderman 3 who agrees with me? i've been a big fan of spiderman since idk when lol but a long time i dont really care much for spidey anymore but i still respected the movies and was thrilled with spiderman 2 and 3 but now i absolutely cant stand spiderman movies cuz i know that the new one sucks and the old one is discontinued
Nope. The new one completely outdid the old ones in almost every way. The only thing the old ones have over the new one is better villains, and thats only Spidey 1 & 2.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 28th, 2012 05:44 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

Re: Re: the amazing spiderman SUCKS

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Nope. The new one completely outdid the old ones in almost every way. The only thing the old ones have over the new one is better villains, and thats only Spidey 1 & 2.
In my opinon Vemon & Harry Osborn were better villains that the lizard too. Vemon was awsome, but unfortunately wasn't in ut much at all. I do hope they give him another shot in this new series.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2012 10:30 PM
C-3POTheClever is currently offline Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Re: Re: Re: the amazing spiderman SUCKS

Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
In my opinon Vemon & Harry Osborn were better villains that the lizard too. Vemon was awsome, but unfortunately wasn't in ut much at all. I do hope they give him another shot in this new series.
Venom? Awesome? He was the worst part of Spidey 3 I think. His entire story and character were lame. His fights were cool, but thats about it. Harry seemed typical to me. He never felt like a threat. He had two fights were he got absolutely destroyed and then did the predictable team up with Spidey at the end. Sandman was the best villain in that movie, and he was pretty bad too. I think Lizard was better done than all of them, but he also had an entire movie of development to himself.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 12:27 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

You're entitled to your opinion ofcourse but would be nice if you gave some reasons to why you didnt like it. I personally believe it couldve been better but its still outdid Raimi's in terms of being true to Spider-man's personality. It had a villain that actually had a plan (kidnapping MJ doesnt count as a plan), the whole power and responsibility thing while not mentioned was better executed imo. Garfield looks and sounds better as Parker than Toby. Although doc Ock was cool gotta admit that. And Parker while wasnt a typical nerd was less whiny and annoying.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2012 07:40 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by SamZED
You're entitled to your opinion ofcourse but would be nice if you gave some reasons to why you didnt like it. I personally believe it couldve been better but its still outdid Raimi's in terms of being true to Spider-man's personality. It had a villain that actually had a plan (kidnapping MJ doesnt count as a plan), the whole power and responsibility thing while not mentioned was better executed imo. Garfield looks and sounds better as Parker than Toby. Although doc Ock was cool gotta admit that. And Parker while wasnt a typical nerd was less whiny and annoying.
Reasons I didn't like Spiderman 3? The same reasons so many others didn't like it. Three villains means non of them got good characterization (Harry had better development and interactions with Peter in the previous movies IMO). There was no real plot to it either. It just threw three villains it at the same time and They all either ended up dead or got no good closure. This was Maguires worst performance as Peter Parker too. Every aspect of it was a significant downgrade from the others. I can watch Spidey 1 and 2 a thousand times, and they still wow me. I cant enjoy any more viewings of Spidey 3, even though it had five fights in it. The execution of everything else was poor.

I didn't give reasons to my not like Spidey 3 because it's a widespread enough opinion for everyone to figure out why. I didn't mean to leave you hanging there or anything.

PWNT

Old Post Oct 1st, 2012 10:41 PM
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

I'm gonna finally see TAS. I haven't seen it yet and I decided I'm gonna go see it. There are a few things I don't like about TAS going in. They are:

-No JJ sad Raimi's JJ was absolutely epic and probably the perfect rendition of the character on screen. I hope they cast that actor as JJ again for the next one.

-Peter's parents. I don't care about his parents, tbh. This isn't Batman. His whole motivation comes from Uncle Ben and Aunt May, and they more than make up the parental roles in Spidey's universe. I think they were both really good in the Raimi films, too. From the looks of it, they casted actors that are too young to be playing them in this one.

-The Spider-Man suit. I like the thin black webbing on the suit, but the design of it is just awful. They should have just took that part and added it to the Raimi suit and it'd be perfect.

But I like a lot of it going in, too:

-Gwen Stacy. Even though I would have cast Emma Stone as MJ later on, I love that Gwen Stacy is finally getting the treatment she deserves.

-Webshooters. I love that they're bringing webshooters into the fold. I'm not a huge fan of organic webbing, so seeing Spidey with webshooters again makes me pretty happy.

-The Lizard is the villain. I'm a fan of the Lizard, he's in my Top 5 favorite Spider-Man villains (in order: Green Goblin, Venom, Doc Ock, Kingpin, Lizard). I look forward to the fight scenes and also the dynamic between Dr. Connors and Peter.

Ultimately, I loved the Raimi series (until SM3), but this seems like they're going for more Ultimate Spider-Man than classic (which I'm ok with, since I loved the original run with Peter as Spidey). Here's hoping The Amazing Spider-Man is a good, faithful interpretation.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2012 12:07 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by Bat Dude
Raimi's JJ was absolutely epic and probably the perfect rendition of the character on screen. I hope they cast that actor as JJ again for the next one.

He wasn't bad, per se ...

-Peter's parents. I don't care about his parents, tbh. This isn't Batman. His whole motivation comes from Uncle Ben and Aunt May, and they more than make up the parental roles in Spidey's universe. I think they were both really good in the Raimi films, too. From the looks of it, they casted actors that are too young to be playing them in this one.

Remember 2 things:

1) Peter was given to Uncle Ben and Aunt May at a very young age, not as a teenager.
2) Uncle Ben is OLDER brother to Pete's own father, not younger. Ben was the ELDEST brother, not the youngest.

-The Spider-Man suit ... the design of it is just awful.

Disagree. But I've liked variety in Spider-man's costume wardrobe ever since I saw him in Black Cat's rendition of the Symbiote Outfit as a 9 year old.

-Gwen Stacy. Even though I would have cast Emma Stone as MJ later on, I love that Gwen Stacy is finally getting the treatment she deserves.

Never really fan of Gwen. She was better than I expected, though, and there's something to be said for a movie that is faithful to its original source ...
(Gwen, not Mary Jane, was the first serious true love in the comics.)

Webshooters. I love that they're bringing webshooters into the fold. I'm not a huge fan of organic webbing, so seeing Spidey with webshooters again makes me pretty happy.

AGREE! I hated the organic webbing motif more than almost anything else about Tobey's series.

-The Lizard is the villain. I'm a fan of the Lizard, he's in my Top 5 favorite Spider-Man villains (in order: Green Goblin, Venom, Doc Ock, Kingpin, Lizard). I look forward to the fight scenes and also the dynamic between Dr. Connors and Peter.

Ultimately, I loved the Raimi series (until SM3), but this seems like they're going for more Ultimate Spider-Man than classic (which I'm ok with, since I loved the original run with Peter as Spidey). Here's hoping The Amazing Spider-Man is a good, faithful interpretation.

Largely agree with you here. Love classic Spidey over almost everything past the mid-80s. EVERYTHING about the series seemed well-crafted until then, even to how Pete and his cast aged in relation to the real world (2 years real world equaled 1 year comic world).

And Pete during this time was arguably the most resourceful and quick-thinking fighter-hero in New York City.
I don't like the power creep, gratuitous violence and lack of action planning that seems to go with later renditions of this character.
Spider-man should never be made overpowered, devoid of thought and ENTIRELY "spectacular" in a vain effort to keep up with the Joneses ...

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2012 04:45 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

TAS Spidey felt closer to the comic book version. The web shooters and the different ways Spidey used his webbing was great. I liked how he really made fun of his enemies. He also felt darker and more over the edge than tobey spidey. His Peter Parker was a lot better than Tobeys because he wasn't such a big loser. Granted Spidey should be down on his luck most of the time, but Tobey's performance made it awful for me. The fight scenes were great too and even the Stan Lee cameo outdid every cameo in the other movies. Gwen is hotter haha. Lizard looked great.

All in all its a step forward in the good direction.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2012 07:32 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Originally posted by Zack Fair
TAS Spidey felt closer to the comic book version. The web shooters and the different ways Spidey used his webbing was great. I liked how he really made fun of his enemies. He also felt darker and more over the edge than tobey spidey. His Peter Parker was a lot better than Tobeys because he wasn't such a big loser. Granted Spidey should be down on his luck most of the time, but Tobey's performance made it awful for me. The fight scenes were great too and even the Stan Lee cameo outdid every cameo in the other movies. Gwen is hotter haha. Lizard looked great.

All in all its a step forward in the good direction.

Oh no, that makes me a little iffy.

Spider-Man isn't Batman. Or Daredevil, or Punisher. He's not supposed to be "dark" and "over the edge".

And Peter Parker is supposed to be kind of a loser. He's a kid that's picked on and bullied because he's socially awkward and doesn't fit in. He's not supposed to be "emo" or anything, just socially awkward.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2012 10:02 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Spider-Man isn't Batman. Or Daredevil, or Punisher. He's not supposed to be "dark" and "over the edge".

And Peter Parker is supposed to be kind of a loser. He's a kid that's picked on and bullied because he's socially awkward and doesn't fit in. He's not supposed to be "emo" or anything, just socially awkward.
Hmm I liked the edgier tone, but he ain't brooding or anything like Bats usually does.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Oct 5th, 2012 05:18 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Agreed. Ralph Bakshi on a shoestring budget could make a better spider-man. Oh, wait, he did.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2012 05:49 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Depending on the story...

take the recent story from the comics 'Grim Hunt' he went all dark for that.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2012 06:42 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I think it had the right balance. A darker story but with Spidey keeping his sense of humor.

Bad things always happened to Spidey in the comics. Look at Gwen Stacy's death. Not exactly a Light Hearted story there.

He definitely was socially awkward. And we saw him get his face punched in.

We've had the real nerdy Spiderman with a completely Light Hearted story in Ramai's films. We didn't need a repeat.

This movie did a good job of showing a different side of the Spidey Mythos and was actually more faithful to the comics Imho.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2012 12:10 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

sure did outdo the others in every way. oh and bite your tongue on how spidey ones villain was better than ASM's villain,couldt be any further from the truth.the green goblin was a joke in that movie.dafoe was great in the role but the look of the costume ruined the whole film and you could not take it seriously. lizard was far better. ASM 2 however sucked as bad as the raimi films did.i hope the rumors are not true that there will be another sequal.I cant imaigine there would be.when sm 3 bombed at the box office,they wisely stopped seems liek they would again here as well since ASM 2 bombed so badly as well.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2014 08:22 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

I absolutely loved the first Amazing Spider-Man! The second one wasn't bad but imo not as good as the first. They out did the first 3 by A LOT

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 11:42 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Re: Re: the amazing spiderman SUCKS

Originally posted by Mr Parker
I cant imaigine there would be.when sm 3 bombed at the box office,they wisely stopped seems liek they would again here as well since ASM 2 bombed so badly as well.

Spider-Man 3: Budget $258 million, Box office $890,871,626, Profit = $632.8mil

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Budget $200 million, Box office $709 million, Profit = $509mil

Future sequels:

On June 17, 2013, Sony announced a third film with a release date of June 10, 2016.

On June 17, 2013, Sony announced a fourth film with a release date of May 4, 2018.

Spin-offs:

In December 2013, Sony announced a planned spinoff of the film series featuring the Sinister Six and Venom.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 05:45 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

I loathe The Amazing Spider-Man movies. The villains are the worst part, and that's saying something considering how much rubbish is in these movies.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2014 04:25 AM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Doc Ock
I loathe The Amazing Spider-Man movies. The villains are the worst part, and that's saying something considering how much rubbish is in these movies.

that cause you're a man-spider fan Doc,you love those disgraceful man-spider films of sonys that raped to death the comicbooks so it makes sense that you wouldnt like the one TRUE spiderman film that was made.the ASM.just like Nolans first two batman movies are the only true batman films,the first ASM movie is the only true spidey film.Like i said before though,the second ASM movie was as disgraceful as the raimi movies.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2014 04:26 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Venom? Awesome? He was the worst part of Spidey 3 I think. His entire story and character were lame. His fights were cool, but thats about it. Harry seemed typical to me. He never felt like a threat. He had two fights were he got absolutely destroyed and then did the predictable team up with Spidey at the end. Sandman was the best villain in that movie, and he was pretty bad too. I think Lizard was better done than all of them, but he also had an entire movie of development to himself.
venom killed spidey 3 imo.

They should have done more with him, or leave him until the end, but they tried both and it just sucked out the development of the other characters.

Also, Toby macguire should never display emotions.

Venom ruined it for me.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2016 05:36 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote