KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Sam Raimi admits he messed up with Spider-Man 3

Sam Raimi admits he messed up with Spider-Man 3
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Sam Raimi admits he messed up with Spider-Man 3

Old Post Dec 31st, 2014 07:53 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

To be fair, Sony did make him force Venom into the movie- something he didn't want to and wasn't really his vision for the film.

Apparently they put similar demands on Marc Webb for TASM2- According to Garfield anyway.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2015 03:14 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iscaremonkeys

Is it wrong that i still liked the movie?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2015 08:05 PM
iscaremonkeys is currently offline Click here to Send iscaremonkeys a Private Message Find more posts by iscaremonkeys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys

Yes.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2015 11:45 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I feel bad for him. He did something special with the first film, and had a nice sequel.

The powers that be behind the reboot should have taken note of what happened with Raimi's third outing. Sometimes less is more.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2015 12:10 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Tbf the reboot hasn't been over cramped with too many villains. I mean the "3 villains" in TASM2 included Rhino's 2 minutes.

TASM2 had the problem of the franchise they're trying to build taking priority over the film they're making. IM2 had the same problem. The film was a means to an end, instead of being an end product itself.

I'm sure both Ramai and Webb could have done a far better job with their last Spider-Man attempts if they had been given free reign.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2015 02:28 PM
KCJ506

It seems most of the quality that came from Sony Spider-Man products came from the people they hired, namely Greg Weisman and in the first two movies case Sam Raimi. Usually when Sony puts tries to butt in about creative decisions things don't turn out really well.

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Tbf the reboot hasn't been over cramped with too many villains. I mean the "3 villains" in TASM2 included Rhino's 2 minutes.

I still don't understand why people even keep counting Rhino as a villain in ASM2 to begin with. His role was nothing more than a cameo. He didn't even become Rhino until the end after the main plot was over. I mean if people are gonna count villains in movies regardless of how small their role is they may as well count the burglar in both SM1 and ASM1, Joe Chill and Zsasz in Batman Begins and Scarecrow in The Dark Knight.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2015 04:00 AM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by KCJ506

I still don't understand why people even keep counting Rhino as a villain in ASM2 to begin with. His role was nothing more than a cameo. He didn't even become Rhino until the end after the main plot was over. I mean if people are gonna count villains in movies regardless of how small their role is they may as well count the burglar in both SM1 and ASM1, Joe Chill and Zsasz in Batman Begins and Scarecrow in The Dark Knight.

thumb up

Honestly though they shouldn't have marketed it as a "3 villain" movie like they did. Because as soon as that poster was out showing the 3 villains everyone was straight away like "OMG WTF ARE THEY DOING... IT'S GOING TO BE ANOTHER SPIDER-MAN 3!"

And considering Rhino was just a cameo, I have no idea why they used him in the marketing. The marketing for TASM2 was terrible tbh. Between all the trailers and tv spots, they didn't leave a single surprise for the movie. Every single action scene in that movie, I saw before hand. Even the Rhino Cameo small action scene was shown to us, not to mention Gwen's death heavily hinted at. So literally no surprises at all for the movie itself.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 11:48 AM
Q99

Originally posted by iscaremonkeys

No, there's plenty of worse movies out there.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2015 07:26 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote