KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » newest info on superman cast

newest info on superman cast
Started by: forumcrew

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
forumcrew

newest info on superman cast

LaBeouf, Johansson & Depp Up for Superman? Source: USA Today Friday, July 9, 2004

USA Today caught up with I, Robot star Shia LaBeouf at the film's premiere and he revealed interesting casting bits about Warner Bros.' new Superman movie, which the newspaper says will begin filming in November.

"I met with McG (the director) today and talked about Jimmy Olsen and who's going to be playing who," said LaBeouf. "The production's so locked down they said I can't even take the script home. I have to go to Warner Bros. (studio) to read it and then leave it there."

LaBeouf may not have left with a script, but he did leave with some intriguing casting info, the article says. Mainly, Jake Gyllenhaal is apparently no longer in the running for Superman.

"They're going to go with an unknown," said LaBeouf, adding that McG is trying to lure Scarlett Johansson for Lois Lane and Johnny Depp for Lex Luthor.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 06:22 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zoemorn
p0stm4st3r

another director out

well KM deliverd some sad news concerning McG leaving as director ... but i like what he said about why he left being a disagreement that the studio wanted to produce in like Australia and he felt Superman was definitely an "American" type of character and should be filmed in NY.

soo since he's out, i'm assuming the studio will get someone who doesnt have qualms about moving Supe to another continent? suxx0r.

oh well, i'm pretty much to the nil point at having any optimism that a new superman movie would be any good or do the franchise any respect. personally i'm one of those fools who hoped Reeves would get out of his chair and play the man in blue again and redeem that sorry attempt that was the 4th one.
i would like to see another superman movie though in the same line as Spidey, Hulk, and Xmen though... the originals though i'm nostalgically fond of them, attempted to be too "comical" (yes it was based on a comic book... but they tried to mix in too much of the ole 'comic strip' side of comics rather than the Action side of comics)-- so if someone could do a good job of it, that'd be awesome.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 03:45 PM
zoemorn is currently offline Click here to Send zoemorn a Private Message Find more posts by zoemorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote