KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Ladies and Gentleman, we have a Superman

Ladies and Gentleman, we have a Superman
Started by: Jedi Shmedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jedi Shmedi
NNOOO000000oooooo

Ladies and Gentleman, we have a Superman

According to www.superherohype.com, Brandon Routh (who?) is officially cast as Clark Kent/Superman in the upcoming film directed by Bryan Singer. No rumors here, this has all been confirmed by Warner Brothers and Singer himself. But there are some interesting tidbits in the article. Brandon Routh turned 25 the day are fallen hero Christopher Reeves slipped into accoma and later passed away. Routh is also from Iowa, where previous Superman George Reeves is also from. Pretty cool. What do you guys think of Routh as Superman? (if you even know who the hell he is in the first place).

Last edited by Jedi Shmedi on Oct 18th, 2004 at 09:00 PM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 08:54 PM
Jedi Shmedi is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Shmedi a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Shmedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Please the thread literally below this one has all the FULL coverage on the official casting of Superman at "Superman News And Updates" http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f48/t308946.html

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 10:24 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
noeldc710

brandon as supes

yeah ive seen that pic b4 but can anyone tell me where did he get him or any movie or tv series did he came out? jst wana ask i didnt really know him

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 10:02 AM
noeldc710 is currently offline Click here to Send noeldc710 a Private Message Find more posts by noeldc710 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

It neds to be Tim Welling

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 04:47 PM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bracex2000

honestly, i don't think he suits the role of superman. 25 year old immature pretty boy as the man of steel? i don't think so. I'd rather have a touched up Tom Welling do the job. Warner Brothers needs to steer away from the "WB Dramas" when casting this movie. Like Batman Beginnings, i believe Christian Bale is going to do a great job because of the maturity he has and you would expect from Bruce Wayne/ Batman. Shoot, just watch him in equilibrium.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 12:54 AM
bracex2000 is currently offline Click here to Send bracex2000 a Private Message Find more posts by bracex2000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KAL_EL_REBORN

Brandon Routh is 25 by the way Tom Welling is 27, and looks older then Brandon.. Brandon looks like he just turned 21 the other day!
Brandon was fired from the soap he was on for um "not being a good enough actor" which was the reason the producers of the show gave.. They re-casted his role, and got another actor who fit there bill a bit better..
hmmm he was also on crap shows like Gilmore Girls, and MTV Undressed... VERY BAD casting by Bryan Singer.... Very BAD!
Ive seen Brandon Routh, and wooden is not what id call his acting skills.
Id call em non-existing to be honest.
The guys a terrible terrible actor... one of the worst i have ever seen in my life to be honest.
The only way i would like to see a new superman movie is if its with the new incarnation which is Smallvilles Tom Welling... OR a new origins which has nothing to do with either the old movies or the smallville cast.

This new movie with B.J as he is called will fail big time because of the concept, and bad casting.
Alot of bad buzz, and bad backlash has followed this movie already, and not 1 scene has even been shot yet!
most movie or superman sites such as "super hero hype" "aint it cool news" "thekryptonian.com" "kryptonsite.com", "talk.thewb.com", and many others have had many people saying that they will not watch the movie because they picked the wrong person for the role.
also a person who looks nothing like Superman.

Ive seen many people express there hatred for singers casting choice, and after watching this screwup work on some shows ill agree he sucks!
the guy looks like he's reading cue cards when he says his lines.

Tom Welling is the new Superman, and this movie is very dissrespectful in how its going to tread over the Reeve movies.
Its a basic sequel to superman 2.. Story picks up 6 years after the events in Superman 2... The main badguy is going to be Zod again!
Speaking of bad ideas.
I will pass on this movie... I dont care how nice the fx look when the trailer hit.. Singer has let me, and millions of Superman die hards down.
Big time.
He should have stayed with his xmen movies...

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 12:02 AM
KAL_EL_REBORN is currently offline Click here to Send KAL_EL_REBORN a Private Message Find more posts by KAL_EL_REBORN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KAL_EL_REBORN

quote:
Originally posted by bracex2000
honestly, i don't think he suits the role of superman. 25 year old immature pretty boy as the man of steel? i don't think so. I'd rather have a touched up Tom Welling do the job. Warner Brothers needs to steer away from the "WB Dramas" when casting this movie. Like Batman Beginnings, i believe Christian Bale is going to do a great job because of the maturity he has and you would expect from Bruce Wayne/ Batman. Shoot, just watch him in equilibrium.

I agree 100%
Id rather see Tom take the role, and have the character set in his mid to late 20's like how Tom's true age..
This movie is heading for DOOM!
I just pray that the WB comes to its senses before production rolls in march...
Theres still time for them to end this movie from getting made, and hire the right person!

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 12:04 AM
KAL_EL_REBORN is currently offline Click here to Send KAL_EL_REBORN a Private Message Find more posts by KAL_EL_REBORN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote