KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman as GL

Superman as GL
Started by: eleveninches

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
eleveninches
God of my own world

Superman as GL

I heard somewhere before that there was an elseworlds tale about what would happen if krypton hadnt blown up and kal-el was recruited as the krypton Green Lantern.
Is this true, or did somebody just make it up?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 10:21 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Apparently, Krypton didnt have a GL at the time of its explosion, as the space sector which included Krypton already had a Green lantern (Tomar-Re).

Krypton was in sector 2813
Earth is in sector 2814 (right next to it)

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 03:45 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
42Bardock
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually its an elseworls of superman who is the last son of the earth, ist actually pretty good I liked it. He gets send from his parent on earth to krypton where Jor-el finds him and then sometime later he gets a GL ring. I don'T want to spoil it for you. But if you can get your hands on one of them I'D advise you to buy it, I really enjoyed it and since I really hate Superman this is something that has to be taken into consideration.

You are not telling nobody nothing

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 02:17 AM
42Bardock is currently offline Click here to Send 42Bardock a Private Message Find more posts by 42Bardock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

I got a copy of superman#147(aug '99) yesterday. It isnt an elseworlds tale, but has clark being mind-controlled to think that he is a GL and for most of the issue, it shows clark as having been brought up on oa with the guardians as parents. Then he teams up with hal jordan to go and stop sinestro.
The next 3 issues all have a similar storyline (with clark as a martian, a thangarian and another race)

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 11:01 AM
super pr*xy

interesting. what's the title?

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 06:48 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Superman#147
One Man JLA: From Krypton to Oa

Old Post Feb 13th, 2005 11:17 AM
Fanboy

Superman was suppose to be a Green Lantern but then krypton exploded.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 12:53 AM
Fanboy is currently offline Click here to Send Fanboy a Private Message Find more posts by Fanboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P021273

check out
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 02:35 AM
P021273 is currently offline Click here to Send P021273 a Private Message Find more posts by P021273 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fanboy
Superman was suppose to be a Green Lantern but then krypton exploded.

Say what??????? confused

http://thewilloftheforce.webs.com/

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 04:11 PM
DarthLazious is currently offline Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I'm not sure, but I believe I read somewhere once that Superman, as Superman, not Kal-El, was destined to be the ultimate GL.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 04:30 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

theguardians realised that jor-el and lana were about to give birth to a son that would be genetically perfect, and ganthet planned to take him away to oa upon his birth to raise him as one of their own and eventually let him alone lead the GLC (as they were planning to make it independant of the guardians). but then krypton exploded and kalel was sent to earth. Ganthet realised then that earth needed kalel more than the GLC needed him, so they let him stay on earth, even though they dropped in to give him advice from time to time

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 08:45 PM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

They show him as a GL in a virtual reality made by the Key.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2005 04:13 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

atleast now we know of a potential superman who COULD beat silver surfer.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 07:03 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Protector
Protector of..... Unknown

What if Krypton didn't explode but Superman's parents were killed, at a young age, after watching an opera. After years of training he was given GL ring. The Krypton exploded and he went to Earth.

That would be a Batman-GL-Superman tribrid do you know what these guy could do?

WE GET WHITE LIGHTSABERS
------------------------------------------------
Leia- Luke what are you trying to say
Luke- Well I was cleaning these driods and long story short you're my twin sister. Now if you will excuse me I have to turn our father to the light side.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 10:50 PM
Protector is currently offline Click here to Send Protector a Private Message Find more posts by Protector Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dionymnia

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Protector
What if Krypton didn't explode but Superman's parents were killed, at a young age, after watching an opera. After years of training he was given GL ring. The Krypton exploded and he went to Earth.

That would be a Batman-GL-Superman tribrid do you know what these guy could do?

Actually, an interesting idea - there's been Last Son of Earth (already mentioned), where an Earth-version of Kal becomes a Superman/GL, and there's Speeding Bullets, where Kal is raised by the Waynes and becomes Batman, and then there's In Darkest Knight, where Batman becomes a GL. Mix 'em all together, and see what comes out!

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 12th, 2005 12:48 AM
dionymnia is currently offline Click here to Send dionymnia a Private Message Find more posts by dionymnia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote