KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Re-Writing Superman

Re-Writing Superman
Started by: Red Superfly

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Re-Writing Superman

OK, if I had the chance, I would LOVE to re-write Superman. He's one character I think has some amazing potential, but is rediculously overpowerred and therefore wasted.

I'd make him a definitive Superman. I liked his original origin where he could leap buildings but not fly. Kryptonians would live in a harsher environment and a heavier gravity than humans, so I would base his character off of that.

Super-durability/stamina/toughness: Normal bullets won't harm him, a fall or a building crushing him will cut him but he'll be fine.

Healing: Not Wolverine-like, but close. He'd have to stop fighting for a few minutes.

Super strength and speed: Faster than the speed of sound, but he ACCELERATES up to that point i.e. he can't instantly go from 0 to 60 in a split second.

No-flying: Super jump like the Hulk would make more sense.

Amazing eyesight: Can see in the dark like Riddick, can't see through walls or fire lazers - that's so lame. Seeing in the dark is what a Super-MAN could do, but since when does eye lazers fall into a Super-MAN ideal?

Super-hearring: On par with Daredevil

Vocal-scream: He'd have super vocal chords that would allow him to scream and shatter things.

In fact, Wolverine has more in common with a SuperMAN than Superman does. Wierd.

Anyone got any ideas? Or do you like him how he is?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 08:29 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Superman is fine the way he is. Superman can be beaten. Thor on the hand is ridiculously powerful...

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 08:39 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

I agree with Draco.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 07:22 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

No actually Supes is an iddiot to rewrite him would be good

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 08:39 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazy

quote:
Originally posted by Bardock42
No actually Supes is an iddiot to rewrite him would be good

I don't like how he's so overpowered either =/

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 09:44 PM
crazy is currently offline Click here to Send crazy a Private Message Find more posts by crazy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Superman isn't overpowered. He can be beaten. If we lessen Superman than Thor, Silver Surfer and Spawn should be too.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 10:08 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ash007
Strength and Honour

indeed and Superman should fly thats the main power that actually defines him. You ask any person out on the street and they will say that the most recognised power of superman is his flying Ability.

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as awisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.-----Sir Winston Churchill

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 10:11 PM
ash007 is currently offline Click here to Send ash007 a Private Message Find more posts by ash007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Some people don't know this, but Stan Lee did a project with DC a few years ago, called "Just Imagine...", where he remade some of DC's top characters such as Superman, Batman, and others in his image.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 11:14 PM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i saw that tron, batman was like an actual bat... it was really weird...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 11:57 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

I liked the Humming Bird Flash girl. The others were completely ridiculous. The Aquaman was okay

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 12:06 AM
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

I have yet to read or learn much about it yet. I only found out about it like a few weeks ago. How did Stan do Superman?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 12:55 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

He turned him into a arrogant, unlikable intergalactic space policeman.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 02:07 AM
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Doesn't surprise me.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 02:16 AM
Mainstream
lighting the way

Batman was Black and proud!!!!!! in stan Lee's just imagine.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 04:07 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote