KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » What species is Superman?

What species is Superman?
Started by: DarkAge

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkAge
Stronger than fear

What species is Superman?

Are Kryptonians the evolution of humans? Maybe the thousands of years worths of tehnological progress between Earth and Krypton allowed evolution to take place more rapidly, enabling the Kryptonians to develop cells which generate the forcefeilds around their bodies when exposed to yellow sunlight?

Also, do you think that powers such as heat vision, flight, superstrength, etc. are a result of mind over matter? Maybe the Kryptonians were so enlightened that they were able to bend reality telekinetically?

"Be yourself. Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 04:49 AM
DarkAge is currently offline Click here to Send DarkAge a Private Message Find more posts by DarkAge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

Are you serious? He's Kryptonian.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 04:56 AM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkAge
Stronger than fear

And I'm Australian. But that's not my species.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 05:08 AM
DarkAge is currently offline Click here to Send DarkAge a Private Message Find more posts by DarkAge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

They are their own species does it really matter what the name of that species is?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 05:13 AM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

In the elseworlds tale 'red son' , kryptonians are the the result of humanity after undergoing 1billion years of evolution. And in that elseworlds tale, Jor-L was the direct desendent of lois and lex.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 09:07 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

In that elseworlds tale, the house of EL got it's name from being lex luthors direct decendents.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 09:09 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

:P Yea to bad elseworlds are just that, and not true. But seriously he's an alien. What more is there to know.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 09:09 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

When GL tomar re is trying to save krypton from explosion by collecting stelaranium, he refers to the kryptonian inhabitants as humans

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 10:20 AM
DarkAge
Stronger than fear

They should call them Homo Sapiens Superious or something IMO.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 01:45 AM
Jimmy Buggs

they are only more advanced in tech. they arent all flying around burning things with heat vison, they are all normal. if a human from earth went to krypton do you think they would have supermans powers?

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 03:36 AM
Jimmy Buggs is currently offline Click here to Send Jimmy Buggs a Private Message Find more posts by Jimmy Buggs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Superman is an alien AKA Kryptonian.
Hope that cleared up the confusion...

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 03:47 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

it's not that difficult if you understand Taxonomy...

Kryptonian is analogous to Homo Sapiens...I assume it's a common name for the type of alien that they are, equal to "humans."

Now if Kryptonian is a "race," then it's probably a subspecies of some sort of alien species that includes Kryptonians. Because that's what "race" technically means--subspecies.

Austrailian isn't really a race..it's more of a nationality or ethnicity of human beings.

Ok, I take it back. It's difficult not to mention silly to classify something as fictional as comics. cool

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 09:28 AM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

actually i correct myself...Kryptonian should be analgous to "Earthling." Aliens probably see humans as Earthlings (but would not say the same about a dog or dandelion, for example) just like we would say the same about them. It's just a general way to call some intelligent, humanoid form from another planet...as anthropormophizing as it is.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 04:34 PM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dami wilson

so why are they all white? Why not blue or red? or green or black as in charcoal black or silver or pink as in pink panther? why are they carcausian? I'm not racist or anything meant but if they're alien? Right? Why are they just that color? They are white aint they?

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 12:42 PM
dami wilson is currently offline Click here to Send dami wilson a Private Message Find more posts by dami wilson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

technically Supes and Goku are white...well at least Supes

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 03:42 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

cuz the writers who created him wanted him to be that way...sheesh.

he's the comic creation of a white guy who wanted him to be a symbol of an American hero. He's molded in that image so people who read comics can relate to him. Or else he could simply be a carrot or stapler...take your pick.

Same reason why every other country's fantasy heroes are their own ethnicity.

Please don't start this ethnic minority debate on Superman again, I beg of you... erm

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 03:58 PM
MayhemSymbiote

Kryptonians are a lost tribe of Atlantis which left Earth long ago.
Some families would send their kids here to teach them a lesson.

Kryptonians were the warrior caste of the atltantians.

They are a sub-species of humans.
At least they were last i check them out.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 07:52 AM
MayhemSymbiote is currently offline Click here to Send MayhemSymbiote a Private Message Find more posts by MayhemSymbiote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote