KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Can anyone name all the colours and different effects of Kryptonite??

Can anyone name all the colours and different effects of Kryptonite??
Started by: griefzombie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
griefzombie

Angry Can anyone name all the colours and different effects of Kryptonite??

Does anyone know all the different colours and effects of kryptonite on Supes? evil face eek!

Old Post May 10th, 2005 06:06 PM
griefzombie is currently offline Click here to Send griefzombie a Private Message Find more posts by griefzombie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZephroCarnelian

Green - Hurts/kills

Red - Has unpredictable effects

Gold - Permanently Lose Powers

The REAL Men on KMC - Whirly, Juntai, Darkcrawler, Avalon...

Old Post May 10th, 2005 06:23 PM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
griefzombie

Thanks but what about black kryptonite?

Old Post May 10th, 2005 07:45 PM
griefzombie is currently offline Click here to Send griefzombie a Private Message Find more posts by griefzombie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dominic/wolf
the alpha mutant

is green the only one that kills

Old Post May 10th, 2005 08:38 PM
dominic/wolf is currently offline Click here to Send dominic/wolf a Private Message Find more posts by dominic/wolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

I recall somewhere seeing yellow........hmmmm.....might be my sleep deprivation, but.....i think i saw yellow....was that actually gold?
O_o....

~wickerman~

Old Post May 10th, 2005 08:58 PM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

I remember like 20 years ago reading about blue kryptonite

Old Post May 12th, 2005 04:31 AM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DrDoom

Did you guys read Superman/Batman #19?

On the last page it shows Luthor's new secret weapon:

A glove that looks like the infinity gauntlet--except it has Kryptonite jewels in it!!

He had:

Blue,Red,Green,Black, and White. I only know what Red and Green do, but I'm going to do a search to see if they have a list of the K's effects.

Superman, Superboy, Supergirl, and Krypto are in deep **** come this summer...

Old Post May 12th, 2005 04:44 AM
DrDoom is currently offline Click here to Send DrDoom a Private Message Find more posts by DrDoom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DrDoom

Y-E-A-H I looooves me some Google.

- Green Kryptonite In superpowered Kryptonians, causes immediate physical pain and debilitation and kills within hours. Has no short-term effects on humans or non-superpowered Kryptonians. The most common form of Kryptonite.
Anti-Kryptonite - Has no effect on superpowered Kryptonians, but has the same effects as green Kryptonite on non-superpowered Kryptonians.
Red Kryptonite - created from green Kryptonite that passed through a mysterious red-hued cloud en route to Earth
The 3rd planet from the sun; the planet on which we live. Red Kryptonite inflicts random effects (physical transformations, mostly) on Kryptonians. Each specific chunk of red Kryptonite has the same effect on all Kryptonians, but no two chunks have the same effect as one another. Red Kryptonite effects typically last for 1-2 days, after which the Kryptonian in question is forevermore immune to that specific chunk of Red Kryptonite.
Gold Kryptonite - removes superpowers from Kryptonians permanently.
White Kryptonite - kills all plant life, whether Kryptonian or not. Induces decay immediately upon exposure, with a range of about 25 yards.
Blue Kryptonite - The result of using Professor Potter's "duplicator ray" on some green Kryptonite. Blue Kryptonite kills Bizarros, but has no effect on Kryptonians. (In the Super Friends TV series, Blue Kryptonite is used to reverse the effects of Red Kryptonite on Superman.)
X-Kryptonite - Created by Supergirl while experimenting with green Kryptonite. It has no effect on Kryptonians, but bestows temporary superpowers on Earth lifeforms, most prominently Supergirl's pet cat Streaky.
Jewel Kryptonite - Jewel Kryptonite amplifies the psychic powers of Phantom Zone residents, allowing them to project illusions into the "real world" or perform mind control. It was made from what was left of a mountain on Krypton called Jewel Mountain.
Slow Kryptonite - A modified variety of green Kryptonite produced by a Terran scientist that decelerates the speed of nerve impulses, and movements of both Kryptonians and Terrans.
Silver Kryptonite - A fictional variety of Kryptonite that was used in a hoax perpetrated by Superman's friends in honor of the 25th anniversary of Superman's arrival on Earth.
Yellow Kryptonite - Another fictional variety, this one used in a hoax masterminded by Lex Luthor.
Pink Kryptonite - From an alternate timeline in Supergirl, this variety of Kryptonite turns Kryptonians (apparently) gay. However, this was intended as a joke, not part of normal comics continuity.W-T-F?
Black Kryptonite - First used in the Smallville TV show. This variety of Kryptonite was used in the episode "Crusade". It is apparently able to separate certain entities from people.

Wow, if black K is like the Smallville show then it should make an evil version of Superman. That has potential.

Still, we don't know if the PoCrisis colors have the same effects as PrCrisis, but we'll find out soon.

Old Post May 12th, 2005 05:04 AM
DrDoom is currently offline Click here to Send DrDoom a Private Message Find more posts by DrDoom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Pink Kryptonite......hmmmmm. evil face

Old Post May 12th, 2005 06:20 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Yellow Kryptonite - Another fictional variety, this one used in a hoax masterminded by Lex Luthor.

AHA!!!!!!!!! i knew i wasn't drunk

~wickerman~

Old Post May 12th, 2005 06:46 AM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
griefzombie

Thanks guy's I think that just about cover's it, but pink kryptonite??????.........Jeez. eek! eek! confused

Old Post May 12th, 2005 08:37 AM
DrDoom

Yeah, that was really a WTF moment.

DC writers need to remember it's puff, puff, PASS...

Old Post May 12th, 2005 09:31 AM
griefzombie

LOL! eek! laughing laughing laughing nice one!

Old Post May 12th, 2005 10:49 AM
dawsey28

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Last edited by dawsey28 on May 19th, 2005 at 09:59 AM

Old Post May 19th, 2005 09:51 AM
dawsey28 is currently offline Click here to Send dawsey28 a Private Message Find more posts by dawsey28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colabee
Discombobulated.

I love those little Kryptonite rocks. Did you make them yourself?

Theres also purple k that gives Kryptonians mental/psychic powers, allowing them to create matter out of thin air.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 12:18 PM
Colabee is currently offline Click here to Send Colabee a Private Message Find more posts by Colabee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

I think back in the day Red K turned Supes into a giant ant.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 05:02 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spelljammer
Restricted

Account Restricted

Must invent kryptonite to turn homosexual humans into hetrosexuals so SpellJammer can bag a former lesbian.. (Cause lesbians are butchy and therfore can boss/dominate him. wink )

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 06:39 AM
Spelljammer is currently offline Click here to Send Spelljammer a Private Message Find more posts by Spelljammer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Precrisis had LOADS of different types of kryptonite. After the COIE, they decided that there would only ever be red and green kryptonite, but more recently they have created all kinds of new forms (black, blue)

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 08:00 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
brice7
I see Fat People...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DrDoom
Did you guys read Superman/Batman #19?

On the last page it shows Luthor's new secret weapon:

A glove that looks like the infinity gauntlet--except it has Kryptonite jewels in it!!

He had:

Blue,Red,Green,Black, and White. I only know what Red and Green do, but I'm going to do a search to see if they have a list of the K's effects.

Superman, Superboy, Supergirl, and Krypto are in deep **** come this summer...

That Reminds me of a superman comic where Luthor killed supes by zapping him with green Kryptonite rays. (this was an imaginary story)

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 06:04 PM
brice7 is currently offline Click here to Send brice7 a Private Message Find more posts by brice7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

that was at the end of supergirl #2

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 08:02 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote