KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Will humans end up like Kryptonian?

Will humans end up like Kryptonian?
Started by: Zod4Life

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zod4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shocked Will humans end up like Kryptonian?

Over the last week I've been thinking about Earth's fate.Will we humans end up like Kryptonians? confused sad embarrasment

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 01:49 AM
Zod4Life is currently offline Click here to Send Zod4Life a Private Message Find more posts by Zod4Life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koto K
Raised by a cup of coffee

Nothing lasts forever. Mankind will most likely one day destroy itself, or be destroyed by some outside force. Or we will simply cease to exists as homo-sapien, and evolve into a superior being. Eitherway, there's no denying the simple fact that humanity will not last as we know it forever.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 05:21 PM
Koto K is currently offline Click here to Send Koto K a Private Message Find more posts by Koto K Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

Let's hope we don't end up like the Kryptonians lol big grin

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: All your Rick Roll are belong to me!!

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 11:37 PM
RevoWution™©® is currently offline Click here to Send RevoWution™©® a Private Message Find more posts by RevoWution™©® Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zod4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

So Koto K,what are you saying.One day everthing is going normal and then we just evolve?What will we evolve into?A warrior race?Explain this to me Koto K.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 04:35 AM
Zod4Life is currently offline Click here to Send Zod4Life a Private Message Find more posts by Zod4Life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koto K

Mankind is in the process of evolution. It's not just something that'll happen over night obviously, but over a period of several hundred thousand years, what we consider to be man today, will likely not exist then, as we'll have evolved into something different by then. You can see how man is currently in an evolutionary process today- consider our appendix for instance. It's a totally useless organ in our bodies now, however back during the days of early man it was a vital organ. Though we still posess the appendix, it has little to no function and we can easly exist without it. Eventually, man will no longer be born with this organ, since it will esentially be bred out of the species. It will take many generations mind you, but it'll happen.

And no, doubtfully we'll evolve into a 'warrior' race. Mankind currently IS a warrior race, if you consider that most of our advancements in technology and society have come about from wars, and that humans spend more effort and resources on warfare than almost anything else, and that killing is something we can do without pity or remorse or without care. War, which really is a very primitive concept, will likely become a forgotten one by the time mankind evolves into something else. Already, we can see the change. Wars, while they are still fought, are fought with so much precision, that normally, one side is completely dominant in a conflict. But back a thousand years ago, when the Roman empire was around and kicking, there would be HEAVY losses on both sides since both sides essentially had the same technology. Usually it was down to numbers, as opposed to technology that won the war. Eventually, it'll get to the point that no one will want to fight a war because people will know one side will completely annihilate the other. It's already happening really- you don't see many countries declaring war on the United States, even though the US has many enemies overseas, because they know they'll get their asses kicked in the most severe fashion.

Theoretically, unless there is a significant change in our environment that requires a very specific evolution, mankind will evolve into a much more intelligent and highly sophisticated form of being. That said however, if a disaster or some stellar event occurs on earth requiring a much more specific change (such as the polar ice caps melting, covering much if not all of the land in water) the ancestors of surviving humans will likely be some form of evolved man that allows them to exist in a world that is all water.

Environment more than anything will determine how man evolves, that much I will say with all certainty.

Last edited by Koto K on Jun 12th, 2005 at 03:35 PM

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 03:24 PM
Koto K is currently offline Click here to Send Koto K a Private Message Find more posts by Koto K Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zod4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

Man you're smart.So when we evolve,will we be able to live on other planets without having an astronaut suit?And will we ever have supernatural powers?

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 07:09 PM
Koto K

Um...I'm no psychic dude, I don't know what the earth is going to be like in the next ten thousand years, since the earth's environment will shape our evolution, and it's going to take at least that amount of time before man does really begin to change (to the extent that they can consider themselves something beyond homo-sapien-sapien)

Super natural powers? Well, if you're thinking that humans will be able to fire huge balls of energy from our hands, well, you've been watching too much Dragon Ball Z, my friend. What we might have though is an ability to breathe in what we consider poisonous atmospheres now (like if mankind decides to colonize a world with high amounts of toxins or monoxides in the air) the ancestors of the original colonists will likely develop an immunity to those toxins. Environmental=change.

It's all theory of course. Personally, I figure mankind will end up getting wiped out before any of that happens though.

Last edited by Koto K on Jun 12th, 2005 at 08:28 PM

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 08:26 PM
Zod4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

You mean that you thnk everyone will get wiped out before our evolution or just a few people?

And no,I don't think that we'll be able to fire energy beams out of our hands but I do think that we may be able to breathe in space in the future.Something like Jimmy Neutron and how they can just go into space without any oxygen tanks or any of that stuff.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 06:50 AM
Koto K

No, breathing in space man...that's pure cartoon nonesense. It's totally impossible. Think about it- Man cannot exist in space period (without the proper equipment I mean). There's no potential for man to be able to become accustomed to a non-atmosphere environment since as it is, if we were to attempt it, we'd die. Do you understand what I'm saying? One has to be able to exist in an envornment for a prolonged period of time before an immunity to the environment can be achieved. As it is, man cannot exist in space for ANY amount of time without oxygen equipment, and expected to live.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 09:07 PM
Zod4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

I understand.Man's strength has increased over the years.There are people who can bend metal and another man I heard of that lifted 975 pounds which is almost a ton.Man is almost in his evolution stage.There are alot of strong people in the world today.And it is possible for there to be another planet with the same atomsphere as us and there have been alot of planets discovered in the last few years.There is a new planet outside of our solar system and is surrounded by what seems to be a red sun.You have to consider the possibility that the planet could have a species more advanced than a us.A species similar to Kryptonians.It is a huge possiblity and these days you have to look at all of the possiblities.Even the ones that seem impossible.There is also proof that life exists on Mars.Now that we know life exists out in the solar system,almost anything is possible.Any day now that new planet with what seems to be a red sun could disappear like Krypton and we have a Superman like character 30 years from now and a guy named Clark Kent who works at a newspaper.Like I said already,consider all of the possiblities and the new planet being something like Krypton is a huge possibilty because 1.the planet is outside of our yellow sun's rotation and 2.it seems to be rotating around a red sun.

Last edited by Zod4Life on Jun 13th, 2005 at 11:24 PM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 11:15 PM
Koto K

Well, although I do believe in the existence of other intelligent lifeforms out there in the galaxy, I'm less inclined to believe in lifeforms with super powers that come as the result of different stars. And red suns, or red dwarf stars, are not exactly uncommon or unique in any sense of the word. The nearest solar system to ours, Proxima Centauri, is a trinary star system (has three suns) one of which is a red dwarf, one of the others is not unlike our own sun. SO I mean, it's fun to fantasize and stuff dude, but I think you're losing sight of reality a little man.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2005 12:39 AM
impulseIII

there's no way for two reasons, #1 we are evolving into fat tv loving complaining sissies and #2 because we dont have a sun like they do. the reason they died out and had differences between us and them on earth was because of their sun. superman and the bad guys from superman 2 are powered by our sun

Old Post Jun 14th, 2005 01:27 AM
impulseIII is currently offline Click here to Send impulseIII a Private Message Find more posts by impulseIII Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
impulseIII

i just thought maybe another way we could have powers could be because of gravity changes when switching planets, if ur evolved to a gravity setting on one planet then switch, u could be alot stronger than any other lifeform on another planet with less gravitational pull or, visa versa

Old Post Jun 14th, 2005 01:30 AM
impulseIII is currently offline Click here to Send impulseIII a Private Message Find more posts by impulseIII Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zod4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hopefully our planet will never blow up and some of us a billion years from now we will evolve into a higher species and then live for a billion more years and we just keep evolving.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 06:45 AM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

But is it possible for other beings to become stronger then us because of the size of their planet? If a being is accustomed in the gravity of, let's say Jupiter, wouldn't he be stronger, faster and would be able to jump higher then beings on Earth? Nothing close to Superman, but many times stronger then us?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 01:10 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zod4Life
Hopefully our planet will never blow up and some of us a billion years from now we will evolve into a higher species and then live for a billion more years and we just keep evolving.

Our planet willl be destroyed by swollen sun in five billion years.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 01:11 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

Two thousand years ago when the Roman Empire was expanding (1000 years ago it had long since split up) the Roman troops superior tactics always carried them though, take the matter of their suppressing Boudicea's revolt - according to statistics it took more than a thousand britons to kill each Roman soldier!

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 01:49 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

quote: (post)
Originally posted by shaber
Two thousand years ago when the Roman Empire was expanding (1000 years ago it had long since split up) the Roman troops superior tactics always carried them though, take the matter of their suppressing Boudicea's revolt - according to statistics it took more than a thousand britons to kill each Roman soldier!

good post

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 02:06 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zod4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

How can the sun destroy us if we're really far from it?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 10:39 PM
Koto K

We're not that far from the sun, relatively speaking. If our sun went nova, the blast wave produced by it, would not only destroy the planets in this solar system, but likely disrupt the gravitational fields of nearby solar systems as well.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 11:34 PM