KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Are Supermans powers really from the Sun ?????????

Are Supermans powers really from the Sun ?????????
Started by: R.O.T. Yahman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Smile Are Supermans powers really from the Sun ?????????

Its believed that Supes powers are derived from the absorption of Solar energy. I’m not convinced, the feats Supes regularly performs suggest an alternate, but more powerful energy source. The absorption of Yellow Solar energy may be the key to unlocking this Meta ability.

All of Superman’s powers involve the conversion of Solar energy to meta ATP in the cells. The meta ATP is the source of Supes energy. Supes has extra organs in his body and organelles a bit like a cross between a chloroplast and a mitochondria. What the exact nature of the action of energy conversion as far as interim stages is, no one knows, although much has been theorised.

I theorise this photosynthetic process may kick start some form of matter to energy conversion. I.e. his food is converted to pure energy I.e. E=MC2. Imagine every time he eats, he’s consuming more energy than a nuclear megatons warhead.

Now its unlikely that this process can occur in his cells, as his molecules would be ‘annihilated’ by the energy conversion. I therefore theorise that his body maybe linked to a form of Hyper space (Another Dimension) such as the phantom zone. It is here that this matter to energy conversion may occur. Hyper Space could also explain his other abilities such as Flight, Heat Vision and ‘Super Breathe’. It would also incorporate the popular theory of tactile telekinesis.

Complexity is measured on how much energy a given amount of mass can manipulate. As we know the Kryptonian’s are second only to the New Gods and the Guardians in advancements in science. Its therefore probable to suggest that they found a way to give the Kryptonian cell the power of the Atom.

Maybe there’s an even greater energy source, Have any of you any ideas how Supes powers could be developed ?

smile

The artist formely known as 'Sidekick of the JLAKMC' .... Whirly R.I.P. The JLA Kmc will live on without you.Thanks S.S for the sig.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 11:07 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Errr...

The fact that Clark gets his power from the Sun is about as commonly known as his name being Kal-El. Your over complicating it. He works like a plant. A really strong, fast, invulnerable, human looking, plant.

quote:
All of Superman’s powers involve the conversion of Solar energy to meta ATP in the cells. The meta ATP is the source of Supes energy. Supes has extra organs in his body and organelles a bit like a cross between a chloroplast and a mitochondria.

Thats the only explanation that has ever been given, and so, thats the way it is. Speculating is all fine and good, but your just speculating with no evidence of anything to back it up, which makes it nothing more then an interesting "what if" scenario.

I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, I'm just pointing out that its pure speculation. And as interesting as it may be, I (and I'd assume most people) wouldn't be inclined to believe something without at least Some evidence to back it up.

I'd like to speculate about Superman with you in this thread, but there's not a whole lot to speculate about, is what I'm saying. The only thing I disagree with you is:

quote:
Now its unlikely that this process can occur in his cells, as his molecules would be ‘annihilated’ by the energy conversion.

Supermans cells create a nearly invulnerable force field around themselves as a result of this said energy conversion. So, once they are super-powered, they would not be able to be destroyed by the nuclear conversion. This becomes a "chicken or the egg" argument. What comes first, the invulnerable field created by the conversion, or the annihilation? Because as soon as he is in contact with the sun, this happens. So the cells, to destroy themselves, would have to destroy themselves before they become invulnerable, but in order to destroy themselves they have to go through this energy conversion, but this energy conversion, at the same time, would make them invulnerable. So what one wins? Apparently (since he is obviously not killing himself) the annihilation is canceled out by the invulnerability.

Never the less, I haven't seen you around these boards before. So, hey!

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Last edited by ((The_Anomaly)) on Mar 4th, 2006 at 11:39 PM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 11:28 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

o0......is biology always like this???

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 02:34 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

My guess is the flying ability comes from psychic and a bit from his body, but I hope this movie or its sequel explains well this interesting matter.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 06:23 PM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Errr...

The fact that Clark gets his power from the Sun is about as commonly known as his name being Kal-El. Your over complicating it. He works like a plant. A really strong, fast, invulnerable, human looking, plant.

Thats the only explanation that has ever been given, and so, thats the way it is. Speculating is all fine and good, but your just speculating with no evidence of anything to back it up, which makes it nothing more then an interesting "what if" scenario.

I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, I'm just pointing out that its pure speculation. And as interesting as it may be, I (and I'd assume most people) wouldn't be inclined to believe something without at least Some evidence to back it up.

I'd like to speculate about Superman with you in this thread, but there's not a whole lot to speculate about, is what I'm saying. The only thing I disagree with you is:

Supermans cells create a nearly invulnerable force field around themselves as a result of this said energy conversion. So, once they are super-powered, they would not be able to be destroyed by the nuclear conversion. This becomes a "chicken or the egg" argument. What comes first, the invulnerable field created by the conversion, or the annihilation? Because as soon as he is in contact with the sun, this happens. So the cells, to destroy themselves, would have to destroy themselves before they become invulnerable, but in order to destroy themselves they have to go through this energy conversion, but this energy conversion, at the same time, would make them invulnerable. So what one wins? Apparently (since he is obviously not killing himself) the annihilation is canceled out by the invulnerability.

Never the less, I haven't seen you around these boards before. So, hey!

* Sigh *

Ummm i've been around for a while, but i rarely post in this Superman section. I generally see it as a waste of time, especially considering the standard of posts usually made. As you have stated (on four seperate ocassions in the same paragraph, i might add) my theory is speculative. Although speculative it is generally accepted through out the forum, especially with some of the more 'switched on' members.

As you mentioned before, the concept of the bio electric aura (Which was created by Byrne, during the 80's) creates a paradoxe. My Hyperspace theory solves this paradoxe by including extra dimensional interactions, which will apear invisble to anyone with 3D eyesight. What is considered as a 'Bio electric aura/Force field' is actually the interaction of Hyper space technology (Which are theoretically plausible , with String theory) with Supermans 3 dimensional body.

Sorry about the spelling, the spell check doesn't work.!

The artist formely known as 'Sidekick of the JLAKMC' .... Whirly R.I.P. The JLA Kmc will live on without you.Thanks S.S for the sig.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 06:41 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Thats cool. And sure, it makes literal sense. But since we have nothing other then speculation on your part, there's not much to discuss. Thats what I meant.

It's a cool idea, and it makes sense, but unless you can provide some kind of premise (evidence) to argue or talk about, there's not much more people can say about your theory other then "its cool" or "its stupid". There is nothing in any of the Superman continuity that you have presented to us to back up even one thing in your theory. So its not even possible to discuss anything further.

erm

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Mar 6th, 2006 01:27 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

I once heard Mongul state that Superman draws his energy from an unknown energy source besides stars.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2006 03:24 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Femi32
I once heard Mongul state that Superman draws his energy from an unknown energy source besides stars.

Seriously .... thats very interesting, could you find out which book it is in ? Its not as if Mongul has appeared in that many. Cheers mate !

Old Post Mar 7th, 2006 12:14 AM
Lord-of-Dreams
pimpin member

lol that's a sick theory!!! I fainted about five lines in :P
Seriously: all the crazy science in the world could not convince DC to no longer make Supes weak against da K. Why even waste your time? Its a great explanation... but dude, it's only a comic!! lol

Old Post Mar 7th, 2006 01:02 AM
Lord-of-Dreams is currently offline Click here to Send Lord-of-Dreams a Private Message Find more posts by Lord-of-Dreams Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord-of-Dreams
lol that's a sick theory!!! I fainted about five lines in :P
Seriously: all the crazy science in the world could not convince DC to no longer make Supes weak against da K. Why even waste your time? Its a great explanation... but dude, it's only a comic!! lol

Much appreciated .... Fair point !

Old Post Mar 7th, 2006 10:23 PM
Drache53
Zombie Hunter

Interesting.. It's great that we have people able and willing to throw hypotheses out there like this. Very interesting plausible theory. Even though, like ((The Anomally)) said, it's only speculation and a theory, I commend you nontheless.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2006 10:58 PM
Drache53 is currently offline Click here to Send Drache53 a Private Message Find more posts by Drache53 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Why did you change your sig Drache53? The Superman one was kind of funny. big grin

Old Post Mar 8th, 2006 12:30 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I think he drinks a lot of milk

TGFwashere

Old Post Mar 8th, 2006 04:02 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Posts I had originally put in another thread...

One megaton yields over 4000 terajoules: more energy than the whole Earth will use for hundreds of years, at least. Seems to me, in order to survive a one megaton blast, one would have to counter 4000 terajoules with an equal amount of energy, at least.

Thusly...
- On a sunny day, the amount of sunlight per square centimeter yields 0.1345 joules every ten seconds.
- An adult male has about 1.8 square meters of total skin surface area.
- If Superman were totally naked, he could perhaps absorb about 2500 joules in ten seconds. He needs 1.6 trillion times this amount to counter the energy of a 1 megaton bomb (4000 trillion divided by 2500).
- 1.6 trillion x 10 seconds is about 500,000 years. This is how long Kal El has to sunbathe to absorb enough power to survive 1 (one) "typical" nuclear explosion.

Based on the above, it would be better to assign the solar rad he absorbs a "secondary" position, something which triggers a far more powerful energy source, rather than being the primary energy source itself...kinda like a car ignition triggering the more-powerful internal combustion which actually moves the car.

For those who have seen this playing-with-numbers before, please pardon my repetition.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2006 08:06 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Originally posted by MadMel
o0......is biology always like this???

this is getting a bit much for me....i mean, its good to theorise about things, but i really wouldn't when it comes to comics. my theory is superman gets his enrgy from DC. they can decide tha technical mubo jumbo.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 07:49 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by MadMel
this is getting a bit much for me....i mean, its good to theorise about things, but i really wouldn't when it comes to comics. my theory is superman gets his enrgy from DC. they can decide tha technical mubo jumbo.

Direct Conversion? Of matter into energy?

wink

It's just fun discussing nonsense.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 12:07 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drache53
Zombie Hunter

Originally posted by Femi32
Why did you change your sig Drache53? The Superman one was kind of funny. big grin

I haven't really encountered any Supes fanboys lately. FOTN is the guy that really inspired me to make that thing. I said something along the lines of "You make it sound like Supes could get hit by a kryptonite meteor and just laugh it off." He said something along the lines of "It depends on how big the meteor is." Honestly...

I make my sigs to have a point.. Or to just get a laugh out of people. I did both with the Supes sig and I'm very proud of it, it's one of my favorites. The one I have now I'll probably change this weekend. I might change it back to my Scarecrow sig.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 01:22 PM
Drache53 is currently offline Click here to Send Drache53 a Private Message Find more posts by Drache53 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
omaga
hope

Re: Are Supermans powers really from the Sun ?????????

Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Its believed that Supes powers are derived from the absorption of Solar energy. I’m not convinced, the feats Supes regularly performs suggest an alternate, but more powerful energy source. The absorption of Yellow Solar energy may be the key to unlocking this Meta ability.

All of Superman’s powers involve the conversion of Solar energy to meta ATP in the cells. The meta ATP is the source of Supes energy. Supes has extra organs in his body and organelles a bit like a cross between a chloroplast and a mitochondria. What the exact nature of the action of energy conversion as far as interim stages is, no one knows, although much has been theorised.

I theorise this photosynthetic process may kick start some form of matter to energy conversion. I.e. his food is converted to pure energy I.e. E=MC2. Imagine every time he eats, he’s consuming more energy than a nuclear megatons warhead.

Now its unlikely that this process can occur in his cells, as his molecules would be ‘annihilated’ by the energy conversion. I therefore theorise that his body maybe linked to a form of Hyper space (Another Dimension) such as the phantom zone. It is here that this matter to energy conversion may occur. Hyper Space could also explain his other abilities such as Flight, Heat Vision and ‘Super Breathe’. It would also incorporate the popular theory of tactile telekinesis.

Complexity is measured on how much energy a given amount of mass can manipulate. As we know the Kryptonian’s are second only to the New Gods and the Guardians in advancements in science. Its therefore probable to suggest that they found a way to give the Kryptonian cell the power of the Atom.

Maybe there’s an even greater energy source, Have any of you any ideas how Supes powers could be developed ?

you make a good point!

smile

Attachment: superman-tom.jpg
This has been downloaded 106 time(s).

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 02:05 PM
omaga is currently offline Click here to Send omaga a Private Message Find more posts by omaga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
* Sigh *

Ummm i've been around for a while, but i rarely post in this Superman section. I generally see it as a waste of time, especially considering the standard of posts usually made. As you have stated (on four seperate ocassions in the same paragraph, i might add) my theory is speculative. Although speculative it is generally accepted through out the forum, especially with some of the more 'switched on' members.

As you mentioned before, the concept of the bio electric aura (Which was created by Byrne, during the 80's) creates a paradoxe. My Hyperspace theory solves this paradoxe by including extra dimensional interactions, which will apear invisble to anyone with 3D eyesight. What is considered as a 'Bio electric aura/Force field' is actually the interaction of Hyper space technology (Which are theoretically plausible , with String theory) with Supermans 3 dimensional body.

Sorry about the spelling, the spell check doesn't work.!

Accepted? What exactly do you mean by that Yahman. confused Your theories on Supes are entertained, because they are unmistakably interesting. However they are by no means treated as fact in debate because they are not. Far from it.

While its true that the absorption of solar energy in and of itself would be an insufficient power source for Supes going by what he can and does achieve, that is however in terms of real world science, which any old fool could tell you is pretty much ignored in comic books. Nice theory tho.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 02:47 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Accepted? What exactly do you mean by that Yahman. confused Your theories on Supes are entertained, because they are unmistakably interesting. However they are by no means treated as fact in debate because they are not. Far from it.

While its true that the absorption of solar energy in and of itself would be an insufficient power source for Supes going by what he can and does achieve, that is however in terms of real world science, which any old fool could tell you is pretty much ignored in comic books. Nice theory tho.

I was referring specifically to the KATP bit, which has been used by various posters. It was this section of my monologue, that he quoted.

Youre not exactly one to lecture on the topic of theorys becoming univerally accepted !!!!!!!

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 04:51 PM