KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » supermans speed

supermans speed
Started by: tonyman1989

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tonyman1989

supermans speed

how fast is he currently

Old Post Apr 11th, 2006 02:30 AM
tonyman1989 is currently offline Click here to Send tonyman1989 a Private Message Find more posts by tonyman1989 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Last I heard, 99% lightspeed.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 04:18 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

At last count, at least 8x to 15x faster than light.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2006 12:58 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Slower than non-uber Flash, faster than everyone else. That's the way I always look at it.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2006 01:12 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
superman41082

Sometimes he's just as fast as Flash. They race all the time, and lots of times it's a staight up tie. I'd say that Flash would have to be a little faster, or there'd be no point to a Flash. I'm sure, especially in hyperspace, they both can exceed light speed.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2006 03:47 AM
superman41082 is currently offline Click here to Send superman41082 a Private Message Find more posts by superman41082 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Their races mean nothing. Usually neither is going close to their full speed. However Flash has feats that put him way, way past light. So does Supes but not nearly to the degree of Wally.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2006 04:40 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bazrox

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Validus
Slower than non-uber Flash, faster than everyone else. That's the way I always look at it.

Excellent answer. If you want to get specific, DC doesn't really have a specific number in their books like Marvel does(or used to do) behind the scenes.
At the moment, it ranges from anywhere near lightspeed to past light, depending on story and writer.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2006 01:48 PM
Bazrox is currently offline Click here to Send Bazrox a Private Message Find more posts by Bazrox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Flash has the speedforce; Surfer can use cosmic power to enter hyperspace; other characters use magic...how the heck does Superman go faster than light? He's just solar-powered, no special energies involved, and no amount of energy in the universe is gonna move a mass AT lightspeed, let alone past it through sheer brute force.

Does Superman have some unmentioned space-warping ability? Or--more likely--is this just an utter and absolute disregard for laws of physics? The latter is allowed, of course, in comics, but then why stop there? Trash all the laws of physics and let's have a warpfest for all.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2006 02:02 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
superman41082

Originally posted by Validus

You're right about the races. This is how I see it, too.

sig by Juggernaut66666

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 06:39 AM
superman41082 is currently offline Click here to Send superman41082 a Private Message Find more posts by superman41082 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoner420
Smoke The Reefer

What about normal flash and supe who is faster then

3 Things I need Beer,Weed & women

Old Post May 1st, 2006 10:06 PM
Stoner420 is currently offline Click here to Send Stoner420 a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner420 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

who knows? equal in running pace i s'pose. and supes is faster if flying i think thats how it might go

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 07:35 AM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Originally posted by superman41082
Sometimes he's just as fast as Flash. They race all the time, and lots of times it's a staight up tie. I'd say that Flash would have to be a little faster, or there'd be no point to a Flash. I'm sure, especially in hyperspace, they both can exceed light speed.

(please log in to view the image)

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 01:45 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

says it all right there dudes in that picture

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 02:51 PM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoner420
Smoke The Reefer

I think he is faster flying to.

3 Things I need Beer,Weed & women

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 06:52 PM
Stoner420 is currently offline Click here to Send Stoner420 a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner420 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Superman has a psionic space warping ability. That's what allows him to travel so fast. It's the only logical explaination.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 10:13 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

Nah thats just ur explanation. Where most people can read a comic and not be outraged at the fact Superman can exceed light speed, some people on these boards are. Which is why you will never find an answer to half the questions around, except theory's by the fans... Take comic books with a pinch of salt my friend.

Old Post May 5th, 2006 12:47 AM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supremthor

in that psc they were moving at a lil over 1% light speed

Old Post May 5th, 2006 03:30 AM
supremthor is currently offline Click here to Send supremthor a Private Message Find more posts by supremthor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote