KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » I notice similarities...

I notice similarities...
Started by: MattDay

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MattDay

I notice similarities...

In the first spiderman film, in a scene when he needs to change into costume he opens his shirt while running, just like superman did in the first movie.

In the second spiderman movie he loses his powers because he doesn't WANT to be a superhero.

In superman 2 superman almost gives up his powers because he didn't WANT to be a superhero if he could be with lois lane.

Spiderman definetely is making small references to the two greatest superhero movies made, anyone else got any similarities they have realized?

Old Post May 9th, 2006 10:09 AM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I forget which Spiderman movie it was, but...

Aunt May to Peter: "You're not Superman, you know."

What I've always wondered was: was that a reference to Big Blue as a comic character in the Spiderverse, or is Supes alive and well, doin' his superhero thing in Metropolis (just like with the first Superman/Spiderman crossover)?

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post May 10th, 2006 11:06 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I'd say the former.
Superman's part of the lexicon. Not unusual to see him referenced in pop culture. Just last night i saw a Supes shirt in Big Bang Theory, and watching wrestling this morning witnessed not one, but two Superman punches.
The fact that a Spidey movie could use Superman in conversation was just a wink and a nod to a classic character.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2015 12:55 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
The fact that a Spidey movie could use Superman in conversation was just a wink and a nod to a classic character.
thumb up

Old Post Jan 30th, 2015 01:20 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree with almost everything the OP said except for the part about Kal-El/Clark ALMOST giving up his powers. He DID give his powers up for a short time. Not almost. I seriously doubt that trucker dude could've beat the crap out of him if he had still had his powers. Instead he probably would've broken his hand sooner than he actually did at the end of the movie when Clark had his powers back.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2015 11:42 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I always thought he was powerless at that point, too.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 01:35 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

He was powerless. He had to be, to bed his woman. Catastrophic results might otherwise have ensued...

http://www.rawbw.com/~svw/superman.html

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 03:11 PM
riv6672

Man of steel. Not just a gag in Ennis' The Pro.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 09:12 PM