KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » The superman curse?

The superman curse?
Started by: hamstein

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
hamstein

The superman curse?

Is it really true, that there's a superman curse, apparently loads of people died after acting for a superman movie confused

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 09:13 AM
hamstein is currently offline Click here to Send hamstein a Private Message Find more posts by hamstein Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

People get old and die.
But George Reeves did commit suicide, didn't he? And Chris Reeve had his tragedy - but I dont think there's a curse.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 07:33 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

Part 3 Who the f is Lana?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 10:24 PM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 11:09 AM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Richv1

Who is Lana? Clark Kent's childhood friend, his g/f from his teen years, the woman he would have married if she didn't run off to see the world, the woman who now regrets everyday that she did that.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 01:44 PM
Richv1 is currently offline Click here to Send Richv1 a Private Message Find more posts by Richv1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

Watch Smallville and you'll find out

on the CW (the old UPN) thursday nights at 10:00

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 04:35 PM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

The curse may have to do more with being typecast than anything else.
Supposedly thats why Reeves committed suicide.
Reeves was much beloved before his accident and after, but acting wise didnt do anything of note besides Superman.
Dean Cain, direct to DVD and tv movies.
Tom Welling was in Draft Day last year, though i didnt really notice.
Brandon Routh has finally gotten some prpps since his go at the S, thanks to Arrow.
Cavill was in Immortals before MoS, nothing since.

I know it has to do with getting relative unknowns for the part (no RDJrs need apply), but, if the actor's not comfortable being identified with arguably the most popular man who never lived for the rest of his career, he shouldnt take the role.
It takes a strong man to be made of steel.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 12:33 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672

Cavill was in Immortals before MoS, nothing since.

He's going to be in the upcoming The Man from U.N.C.L.E. movie.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 01:10 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Thats great (for him and i loved that show)!
Only thing i saw as i Googled him to make sure i was current on my post was the Batman team up movie.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 01:24 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by riv6672
It takes a strong man to be made of steel.
This sounds like a great statement requiring something bigger than who can portray Superman. Not to lessen that particular for-instance, but really, this strikes me as a saying in need of a great situation.

I can almost picture Animated-Series Superman saying it, kinda like when he said, "In the end, the world didn't need a superman. Just a brave one." ('member that?)

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 03:35 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

You put me in good company. Thanks.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 09:15 PM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by Mindship
This sounds like a great statement requiring something bigger than who can portray Superman. Not to lessen that particular for-instance, but really, this strikes me as a saying in need of a great situation.

I can almost picture Animated-Series Superman saying it, kinda like when he said, "In the end, the world didn't need a superman. Just a brave one." ('member that?)

Dan Turpin's death was the most poignant moment in the entire animated series, and one of the most poignant in the DCAU period.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 02:46 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

-salute-

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 06:51 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Dan Turpin's death was the most poignant moment in the entire animated series, and one of the most poignant in the DCAU period.
Word.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 12:30 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Not nearly as poignant, but Titano (never quite named that, but he was in a ship called the Titan 0). That one got me.
I was glad it had a happier ending than Tears for Titano, the comic story that had come out prior...

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 10:44 AM