KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » How strong is He? Really?

How strong is He? Really?
Started by: Supra

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

How strong is He? Really?

We see him lift the entire land mass in "Returns", that must have weighed millions of tons, does anyone know if he has a limit?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 06:50 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galvaclaw

He's as strong as he needs to be.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 09:17 AM
Galvaclaw is currently offline Click here to Send Galvaclaw a Private Message Find more posts by Galvaclaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Superman is in the range of billions of tons presumably and can amp that by sundipping

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galvaclaw
He's as strong as he needs to be.

Thats HeMan.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 12:18 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galvaclaw

True, but I was quoting from an issue of JLA.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 12:50 PM
Galvaclaw is currently offline Click here to Send Galvaclaw a Private Message Find more posts by Galvaclaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Supra
We see him lift the entire land mass in "Returns", that must have weighed millions of tons, does anyone know if he has a limit?

In the comics, a limit hasnt really been shown for his strength... i'd be surprised if one ever was...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 03:32 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by pr1983
In the comics, a limit hasnt really been shown for his strength... i'd be surprised if one ever was...

That is what i was thinking, he does not have a strength limit

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 08:45 PM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

That is what i was thinking, he does not have a strength limit

almost everyone has limits, i just see his as being really, really, really high...

as high as anyone not godly or demonic and whatnot...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 09:08 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

almost everyone has limits, i just see his as being really, really, really high...

as high as anyone not godly or demonic and whatnot...

Sure everyone does, but there is nothing that he cannot lift, they have never shown it. So there for he has not had a limt set.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 10:01 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Sure everyone does, but there is nothing that he cannot lift, they have never shown it. So there for he has not had a limt set.

lol, there was one thing, but it was a huge spaceship that had skewered the earth... i doubt anyone could have moved it....

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 10:09 PM
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol, there was one thing, but it was a huge spaceship that had skewered the earth... i doubt anyone could have moved it....

really? didnt know that, what was the comic about?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 10:19 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

really? didnt know that, what was the comic about?

jla heaven's ladder...

http://www.rambles.net/jla_hladder.html

basically a giant alien spaceship steals the earth, and superman (ww too) tries to pull the skewer out of the planet, but to no avail...

but i dont think a comic character has been invented (bar the godly ones) that could do it...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 10:27 PM
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

jla heaven's ladder...

http://www.rambles.net/jla_hladder.html

basically a giant alien spaceship steals the earth, and superman (ww too) tries to pull the skewer out of the planet, but to no avail...

but i dont think a comic character has been invented (bar the godly ones) that could do it...

how does the JLA beat them?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 10:29 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

He lifted that mass with his flying force, not his muscle strength. Are they equal? How does one relate to the other?

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 01:17 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mindship
He lifted that mass with his flying force, not his muscle strength. Are they equal? How does one relate to the other?

I dont know, i guess that since he can remder himself weightless, anything else he gets ahold of becomes that way too for him

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 01:46 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Well in Obsidian Age, with the help of Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter, he moved the earth.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 03:32 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

Originally posted by Mindship
So if I could fly at the same speed as Superman I could lift an island in to space? Yes he may have been flying but he was still pushing that entire mass in to space, with his muscles.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 06:00 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Magee
So if I could fly at the same speed as Superman I could lift an island in to space? Yes he may have been flying but he was still pushing that entire mass in to space, with his muscles.

Muscles require leverage, something to push against. It's not like he was standing on the ocean floor and lifting this mass (similar to how he lifted the San Andreas fault in the 1978 movie).

Even if you want to say he was pushing against his flying force, he wasn't, not really. He didn't military-press the continent while hovering solidly in one spot. He had it braced against his shoulders Atlas-style, and his whole body moved as a unit, driven by his flying force.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Mar 13th, 2007 at 08:09 PM

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 08:06 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dvampire
xenogears

He lifted it. He even tossed it away from earth when he got into space.

Made by DW

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 08:44 PM
dvampire is currently offline Click here to Send dvampire a Private Message Find more posts by dvampire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

How strong is he? Well i don't know but i bet he has a limit. Like i don't think he can push or carry our Sun or anything like that. But his levels way up there though, i bet.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 04:32 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

how does the JLA beat them?

they don't, they work with the aliens to help them construct their own heaven...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 07:29 PM