KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » If Superman Flexed?

If Superman Flexed?
Started by: CaptainStoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

If Superman Flexed?

If Superman flexed his muscles to the point that he became nearly invulnerable, would he be able to withstand a hail of adamantium bullets being fired upon him, and moving 3 times the speed of sound? Would he be ripped apart or would he be able to resist?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 08:19 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
If Superman flexed his muscles to the point that he became nearly invulnerable, would he be able to withstand a hail of adamantium bullets being fired upon him, and moving 3 times the speed of sound? Would he be ripped apart or would he be able to resist?

iirc, superman's muscles can't actually be flexed, they are as they are...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 08:34 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

no way dude, superman is always flexin the shit out of his muscles in the comic books.

and, well, no a barrage of adamantium bullets wouldn't tear supermans flesh off, but it would probably annoy the shit out of him

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 09:20 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

iirc, back in the mid 90s he lost his powers (superman blue and red, etc), he had to work out to stay in shape as clark, and it seemed like a brand new experience to him...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 09:25 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Raoul
iirc, back in the mid 90s he lost his powers (superman blue and red, etc), he had to work out to stay in shape as clark, and it seemed like a brand new experience to him...
Really? I guess that explains how Superman Prime went from being a skinny twerp to being a big musclehead.

Anyway, going at said speed and being made of adamantium, I think they might kill him.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2008 01:08 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnage52
Restricted

Account Restricted

superman eats adamantium for breakfast.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2008 09:10 AM
carnage52 is currently offline Click here to Send carnage52 a Private Message Find more posts by carnage52 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K-Dog

Three times the speed of sounc isn't going to hurt him. There are bullets that go that fast. Would adamantium going 10 feet per second hurt any of us? (unless it hit us in the eye or in the balls)

Old Post Jul 16th, 2008 07:18 PM
K-Dog is currently offline Click here to Send K-Dog a Private Message Find more posts by K-Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

This doesnt even make sense. They would just be normal bullets moving a bit faster and made out of an unbreakable substance, they would just bounce off of him.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2008 07:44 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

lol. Do you guys even know what "flex" mean? I think topic starter meant to say "tense".

Old Post Jul 17th, 2008 02:20 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by Placidity
lol. Do you guys even know what "flex" mean? I think topic starter meant to say "tense".
yeah, i think the topic creator was asking if Supes could control his bodies density.

Yes he can. Im pretty sure the material the bullet is made of is irrelevant. except for of course kryptonite.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2008 01:20 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

Originally posted by Placidity
It doesn't matter what he was trying to say. The only difference adamantium bullets would have is they might not lose there shape as they bounced off him.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2008 02:58 AM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Originally posted by Magee
This doesnt even make sense. They would just be normal bullets moving a bit faster and made out of an unbreakable substance, they would just bounce off of him.

Agree. The very "adamantium bullet" thing is the biggest PIS in comics, the killing properties of firearms depend not on bullets (they by itself don't hurt anyone, being just a piece of metal- not sharp, mind you, it's impossible to cut anything with bullet, and adamantium doesn't magically cut anything if it's forged into non-cutting thing), but on gun itself. Shooting adamantium bullets from regular gun (like it's done in comics) does nothing except from bullets not deforming- in reality.

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Jul 18th, 2008 08:09 AM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by marwash22
yeah, i think the topic creator was asking if Supes could control his bodies density.

Yes he can. Im pretty sure the material the bullet is made of is irrelevant. except for of course kryptonite.

Or maybe some magic substance like the one they used on Black Adam

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jul 18th, 2008 01:45 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Redwolf

Superman has gone up against Admantium cutting beams before in the DC Universe, it had no effect on him.

http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/...amantium9tw.jpg

Old Post Aug 24th, 2008 06:36 PM
Redwolf is currently offline Click here to Send Redwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Redwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Redwolf
Superman has gone up against Admantium cutting beams before in the DC Universe, it had no effect on him.

http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/...amantium9tw.jpg

Non canon.
I would say sharpened adamantium is capable of harming him, but it depends on the strength of the person using it. Wolverine hitting him with his claws would probably just annoy him. Someone like Thor or Wonder Woman hits him with an adamantium lance, now we're talking some damage.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 01:20 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Redwolf

Originally posted by roughrider
Non canon.
I would say sharpened adamantium is capable of harming him, but it depends on the strength of the person using it. Wolverine hitting him with his claws would probably just annoy him. Someone like Thor or Wonder Woman hits him with an adamantium lance, now we're talking some damage.

I'll have to disagree, I can see Admantium cutting Superman if it were magical. Or if Superman had been in battle for a long time with a foe equal to his own power (Doomsday fight) and he begins to "wear out" then yes. Not if his powered up.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 05:00 PM
Redwolf is currently offline Click here to Send Redwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Redwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Redwolf
I'll have to disagree, I can see Admantium cutting Superman if it were magical. Or if Superman had been in battle for a long time with a foe equal to his own power (Doomsday fight) and he begins to "wear out" then yes. Not if his powered up.

Hard to say. Superman's durability - in the sense of penetrating his skin - is comparable to the Silver Surfer's. And I don't think adamantium can penetrate the Surfer's skin under any circumstance. But I'm willing to go along with your argument that he might have to be at lower ebb, to get around his bio-field.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 10:56 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

Admantium is the hardest or second material in Marvel universe. That also makes no difference when it comes to cutting power and especially against Superman. It just means it will not break under heavy stress well in the real world that is. So where as a normal sword would just break the adamantium would not. Give Hulk an adamantium sword and he still won't be cutting Superman.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 03:27 AM