KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Is it Just me or is superman having an unusually bad few years?

Is it Just me or is superman having an unusually bad few years?
Started by: Cartesian Doubt

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cartesian Doubt
Cognito il Sum

Is it Just me or is superman having an unusually bad few years?

So far he's had to deal with loosing an adopted Son.
Loosing Conner (a couple years ago)
His Dad dying
The Kryptonian's coming back, and then exiling him
And now his best mate dying (Batman)
Louis on the brink of death
Not to mention his name being smeared by all in the 31st centuary

How the **** does he cope with all this stress. If anyone else had to go through all this shit in a period of 24 months, they'd be a as mental as the Sentry.

unusually

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 02:13 PM
Cartesian Doubt is currently offline Click here to Send Cartesian Doubt a Private Message Find more posts by Cartesian Doubt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Re: Is it Just me or is superman having an unusually bad few years?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
So far he's had to deal with loosing an adopted Son.
Loosing Conner (a couple years ago)
His Dad dying
The Kryptonian's coming back, and then exiling him
And now his best mate dying (Batman)
Louis on the brink of death
Not to mention his name being smeared by all in the 31st centuary

How the **** does he cope with all this stress. If anyone else had to go through all this shit in a period of 24 months, they'd be a as mental as the Sentry.

unusually

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYS732zyYfU stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 02:46 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skygunner41
I'll be back!

I don't remember who is this Louis guy is it? and frankly there something inappropriate choice of word about" best mate" regarding Batman. Regarding handling stress well... lobotomize someone might be a good start.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 03:50 PM
skygunner41 is currently offline Click here to Send skygunner41 a Private Message Find more posts by skygunner41 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

why is it innapropriate? thats why its called the big three...cuz bruce, clark and Diana have the tightest bond among all in the superhero community.....all this im taking with a grain of salt anyway cuz im certain a significant portion of this will be retconned in the near future...not that this is necessarily a good thing but cmon batman isnt gonna stay dead for too long...if he is even dead at all..instead of disintigration for all we know DS could have just teleported him to some torture chamber somewhere and switched in a fake corpse...(hey it could happen)...plus we see supergirl back in action fighting MAry marvel so obviously she left new krypton to come back to earth...not to mention luthro running around free to do his thing with the society

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Last edited by manjaro on Jan 18th, 2009 at 04:17 PM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 04:12 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cartesian Doubt
Cognito il Sum

Originally posted by manjaro
why is it innapropriate? thats why its called the big three...cuz bruce, clark and Diana have the tightest bond among all in the superhero community.....all this im taking with a grain of salt anyway cuz im certain a significant portion of this will be retconned in the near future...not that this is necessarily a good thing but cmon batman isnt gonna stay dead for too long...if he is even dead at all..instead of disintigration for all we know DS could have just teleported him to some torture chamber somewhere and switched in a fake corpse...(hey it could happen)...plus we see supergirl back in action fighting MAry marvel so obviously she left new krypton to come back to earth...not to mention luthro running around free to do his thing with the society

I think New Krypton took place before Final Crisis.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 05:14 PM
Cartesian Doubt is currently offline Click here to Send Cartesian Doubt a Private Message Find more posts by Cartesian Doubt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Well he has had a bad time for Superman, but compared to many other characters....he has had it pretty easy.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 05:25 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
I think New Krypton took place before Final Crisis.

exactly she flew off to new krypton and that story took place b4 FC....so either she came back willinglngy, or she got exiled...or NK got destroyed

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 06:53 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote