KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » how fast can superman fly?

how fast can superman fly?
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

how fast can superman fly?

I allways wanted to know how fast can superman fly? confused

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 08:05 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

There's never really been a limit shown, and he's gone as fast as or past the speed of light on more than once occasion...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 08:16 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Here's a real question for Superman and all who fly.

How do they exactly fly faster?

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 08:24 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

probably the same way you go from a jog to a sprint...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 08:27 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Raoul
probably the same way you go from a jog to a sprint...

Yeah but you have your legs moving faster when you sprint. What does he make move faster when he flies?

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 09:08 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Yeah but you have your legs moving faster when you sprint. What does he make move faster when he flies?

it's all to do with the brain. anyone who can fly under their own power has a certain psionic ability to regulate their flight with their mind, imo...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 09:10 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

I didn't know that the ability to fly was psionic. I guess Peter Pan was right. But yeah question just popped up after hearing one of my favorite comedians.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 09:20 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I didn't know that the ability to fly was psionic. I guess Peter Pan was right. But yeah question just popped up after hearing one of my favorite comedians.

most superpowers are psionic in nature, imo. magneto doesn't wave his hands at metal, he thinks what he wants to happen. arms are just used to look cool.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 09:22 PM
Eel O'Brien

as fast as he needs to, of course.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 09:26 PM
Eel O'Brien is currently offline Click here to Send Eel O'Brien a Private Message Find more posts by Eel O'Brien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

He let's out bigger farts to fly faster.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 11:21 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

most superpowers are psionic in nature, imo. magneto doesn't wave his hands at metal, he thinks what he wants to happen. arms are just used to look cool.

While i can see being able to regulate flightwith your mind. I dont agree with the idea that all his powers are becuase he's physic

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 12:49 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Desaad speculated once that it was gravity/spacetime manipulation

Anyway he doesn't fly faster than light on earth because it would damage the planet but in space he has flown up to millions of times lightspeed (in Infinite Crisis when he flew from earth to the Andromeda galaxy in a few hours)

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 02:33 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by jalek moye
While i can see being able to regulate flightwith your mind. I dont agree with the idea that all his powers are becuase he's physic

not all, but some. i mean, super strength and durability aren't psionic, not totally. he just throws a punch like anyone else would. wind breath is just blowing really hard.

stuff like heat vision, flight and cold breath, though, would have to be psionic in nature i think...

Originally posted by Endless Mike
Desaad speculated once that it was gravity/spacetime manipulation

Anyway he doesn't fly faster than light on earth because it would damage the planet but in space he has flown up to millions of times lightspeed (in Infinite Crisis when he flew from earth to the Andromeda galaxy in a few hours)

you talking about when he flew to rao with the two supermen?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 09:42 AM
Eel O'Brien

Don't forget that whole, "oh, I was out by Vega when I heard your signal watch, Jimmy" from Countdown.

He was definitely folding some kinda space/time to make that return trip.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 01:41 PM
Eel O'Brien is currently offline Click here to Send Eel O'Brien a Private Message Find more posts by Eel O'Brien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

not all, but some. i mean, super strength and durability aren't psionic, not totally. he just throws a punch like anyone else would. wind breath is just blowing really hard.

stuff like heat vision, flight and cold breath, though, would have to be psionic in nature i think...

I'd think that cold breath is just him blowing to cool somthing down, and thats just how cool his breath gets. ad heat vision well hes an uber alien i just figure the yellow sun gives him abilites that we can't understand

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 01:59 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

About mach 2.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 07:22 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

you talking about when he flew to rao with the two supermen? [/B]

Yeah, Rao was stated to be in the Andromeda galaxy which is millions of light - years away, the calculations said it was a few million times lightspeed (that was using 12 hours for the travel time, which was probably an overestimation)

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 01:38 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by jalek moye
I'd think that cold breath is just him blowing to cool somthing down, and thats just how cool his breath gets. ad heat vision well hes an uber alien i just figure the yellow sun gives him abilites that we can't understand

i just remember what yat said about it in glc, how it was almost an automatic response, which would indicate some sort of mental faculty, at least for me...

Originally posted by Endless Mike
Yeah, Rao was stated to be in the Andromeda galaxy which is millions of light - years away, the calculations said it was a few million times lightspeed (that was using 12 hours for the travel time, which was probably an overestimation)

is this real rao or comic rao? cos afaik, the comics can't seem to decide... i remember they once said krypton was in sector 2813...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 12:12 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

i just remember what yat said about it in glc, how it was almost an automatic response, which would indicate some sort of mental faculty, at least for me...

wouldn't that just mean its like a defense mechanism, but im sure its actually somthing in their eyes that works it. Obviosuly their mind controls it like it does everything else in their bodies, but i dont think it would be physic in nature.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 02:03 PM
Magee

I would think it is like his Super strength and Durability in that it is just his natural physiology. When a normal person blows hard it is cold air but with Superman it is well, super cold.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 05:09 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote