KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Mon-El new Superman?

Mon-El new Superman?
Started by: kgkg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kgkg
Vigilante

Mon-El new Superman?

Mon-El as the new Superman?

Well Mon-el will be taking the role as the new Superman how will he do?

He is not going to become superman but taking his protecting role...... he has been isolated for years in the PZ so he might not be well adjusted for the task.

How do you guys thinks he will handle things in Superman's absence?

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 11:44 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

where did superman go

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 12:13 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tra-EL

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jalek moye
where did superman go

During the arc with Geoff John's Braniac which led into the story of "New Krypton" Superman defeated Brainiac who had all kinds of worlds in his little piggy banks of different galaxies, universes, worlds, etc. So happens that Kandor was one of those worlds, and Superman ended up breaking the seal of Braniacs bottles that stored Kandor, releasing 100,000 Kryptonians on Earth.

Well, Superman loved the fact of his own people were free, and that he had a chance to be apart of them while giving them a second chance at Earth and they lived happily ever after.

Things didn't go that way. Kryptonians, led by Alura, started forming their own pact of not trusting the humans and soon disaster followed, leaving Superman with a predicament. Kryptonians got fed up with everything and moved their "New Krypton" to outer space, but on the other side of the sun, to as say, Earth.

Superman, to keep the peace and let everything play out, decided to leave Earth and be apart of his home planet of New Krpyton, who he is apart of the military guild constructed by General Zod.

Before Superman left Earth, he freed Mon-EL from the PZ and came up with a cure, atleast for the time being. While Superman is keeping things under control in New Krypton, Mon-EL is taking Supes' spot in the Superman Title, but look for '010 to be a huge breakout for all of this.

If you want to follow Superman, he is in a new series called "World of New Krypton" which is one issue in and it will follow Superman on New Krypton all year. I'm anxious to see what will happen with everything and how he will eventually make his way back to Earth where Mon-EL is holding down the fort.

Last edited by Tra-EL on Mar 27th, 2009 at 04:02 PM

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 03:55 PM
Tra-EL is currently offline Click here to Send Tra-EL a Private Message Find more posts by Tra-EL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Mon-El won't be the new Superman. Superman is Superman because of who he is, what choices, and what his past. Mon-El is only taking Superman's role for about 12 issues(till new krypton ends)

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 12:17 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Mon el isn't gonna call himself superman, is he? sick

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 12:24 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Mon-El = thumb down. I hope someone slices his throat with a pencil. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 12:28 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Mon El will be a better Superman than Clark could ever be.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 01:55 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Originally posted by jalek moye
Mon el isn't gonna call himself superman, is he? sick
No he won't be

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 02:33 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I gave up comics for lent...read the news today regarding Mon-El....

...seriously...WTF is wrong with DC these days?

Why not just call it "Superman: Battle for the Cape"? or some other recycle idea of horse shit....

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 06:49 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Originally posted by WhoopeeDee
...seriously...WTF is wrong with DC these days?
lots of changes

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 02:59 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

That reminds me, was it ever mentioned what happened to Brainiac's other environments he had miniaturized and the people in them?

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 06:07 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galvaclaw

It hasn't been revealed yet, but they were brought up in new krypton 1.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 03:55 PM
Galvaclaw is currently offline Click here to Send Galvaclaw a Private Message Find more posts by Galvaclaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i read the issue, it was all right

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 03:17 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote