KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Why Magog?

Why Magog?
Started by: The Scribe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Scribe

Why Magog?

quote:
Why Magog? - Keith Giffen on the New Series.

Similar to how the writer breathed life into a new Blue Beetle, Keith Giffen will be bringing the new character Magog to readers in a new ongoing series starting in September.

With Howard Porter on pencils, Magog #1 will launch a series focusing on Lance Corporal David Reid, a former American soldier who was given mystic powers to save his life after being injured. Along with the new Magog, Giffen plans to round out the comic with a new group of supporting cast members and villains for the character.

It all fits with Giffen's mission to establish new characters in the DCU, an effort the writer emphasized when Newsarama recently talked to him about his new Doom Patrol series that starts in August. Giffen said he intends to infuse the DC Universe with new characters and concepts on "everything I touch from now on."

"I think that's critical in comics right now," he said. "The old communal well has been plundered to the point of depletion. Time to restock it."

Article

(please log in to view the image)

Nietzsche is dead. 1 Corinthians 3:20, Romans 1:22, Colossians 2:8 (KJV)

Old Post May 30th, 2009 04:08 PM
The Scribe is currently offline Click here to Send The Scribe a Private Message Find more posts by The Scribe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

If written properly, Magog certainly has the potential to be quite a powerhouse. Doctor Midnite stated that his power levels were approaching those of KC Superman. Midnite also stated that the energies Magog could channel through his staff were nearing those of Alan's green flame... And that's when he was just learning to use them.

But as far as my personal views are concerned, I don't really agree with any version of Gog becoming some sort of mainstream/appearance-happy character, but whatevs...

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 30th, 2009 07:13 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
If written properly, Magog certainly has the potential to be quite a powerhouse. Doctor Midnite stated that his power levels were approaching those of KC Superman. Midnite also stated that the energies Magog could channel through his staff were nearing those of Alan's green flame... And that's when he was just learning to use them.

But as far as my personal views are concerned, I don't really agree with any version of Gog becoming some sort of mainstream/appearance-happy character, but whatevs...

agreed

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 12:12 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Sounds cool but I hope the art is cool.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 03:17 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

read the first issue... fair... good artwork... i have high hopes for this..

if anyone wants me to post some scans just pm me

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 5th, 2009 03:45 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote