KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » It's So Confusing!! What's Happening???

It's So Confusing!! What's Happening???
Started by: spidermanrocks

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
spidermanrocks

It's So Confusing!! What's Happening???

There are many rumours going on about the next Superman movie being a reboot. Warner Brothers have actually confirmed a Superman reboot that will have a darker tone and that there won't be a Superman Returns sequel.

Okay, then. So there won't be a sequel to Superman Returns but a reboot. Fine. But here is where it gets confusing...

Despite the SR sequel being canceled for a reboot, Bryan Singer is saying that he is currently working on the sequel to SR and that he will have a script ready by this year or next year.

THIS DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!!! If a Superman reboot has been confirmed, then why would Singer be working on a sequel since it was canceled? So they're planning on doing two Superman franchises at once??? What the heck??? Can someone please help me out? I'm so confused. I don't know what's happening anymore. Will they do a reboot , a sequel, or both??? HELP ME!!!

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 05:27 AM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by spidermanrocks
There are many rumours going on about the next Superman movie being a reboot. Warner Brothers have actually confirmed a Superman reboot that will have a darker tone and that there won't be a Superman Returns sequel.

Okay, then. So there won't be a sequel to Superman Returns but a reboot. Fine. But here is where it gets confusing...

Despite the SR sequel being canceled for a reboot, Bryan Singer is saying that he is currently working on the sequel to SR and that he will have a script ready by this year or next year.

THIS DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!!! If a Superman reboot has been confirmed, then why would Singer be working on a sequel since it was canceled? So they're planning on doing two Superman franchises at once??? What the heck??? Can someone please help me out? I'm so confused. I don't know what's happening anymore. Will they do a reboot , a sequel, or both??? HELP ME!!!

where did you hear that about singer?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 05:29 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

Originally posted by -Pr-
where did you hear that about singer?

Wow, someone replied at 1:00am lol.

Well I heard it on a few sites on the internet (including Wikipedia though it could be fake) Some sites are saying there will be a sequel while other sites are saying there will be a reboot. I've also heard it in some interviews. In a recent interview with Bryan Singer, he mentioned a SR sequel script ready for 2010 0r 2011. Someone also asked him if he will make more Superman movies and he said he's not sure or that he might return. Mark Millar, who is planning to reboot, said in an interview that he can't reboot anything yet because he's waiting to hear from Singer's sequel.

Here's my point. Half the people on the internet are saying there will be a reboot while the other half is saying the exact opposite. Here is what I want to know. Is the reboot official or a 50/50 chance? I just got confused with so many people saying different things.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 06:03 AM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Well I heard it on a few sites on the internet (including Wikipedia though it could be fake) Some sites are saying there will be a sequel while other sites are saying there will be a reboot. I've also heard it in some interviews. In a recent interview with Bryan Singer, he mentioned a SR sequel script ready for 2010 0r 2011. Someone also asked him if he will make more Superman movies and he said he's not sure or that he might return. Mark Millar, who is planning to reboot, said in an interview that he can't reboot anything yet because he's waiting to hear from Singer's sequel.

Here's my point. Half the people on the internet are saying there will be a reboot while the other half is saying the exact opposite. Here is what I want to know. Is the reboot official or a 50/50 chance? I just got confused with so many people saying different things.

hopefully there'll be no singer...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 06:10 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theICONiac

The problem is that no one knows exactly what will happen. They keep throwing shit against the wall and waiting to see what will stick. Wouldn't surprise me in the least to hear they are simultaneously working on both a reboot and a sequel...although I'm sure only one will actually be made.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 10:47 PM
theICONiac is currently offline Click here to Send theICONiac a Private Message Find more posts by theICONiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote