KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » How powerful are the Parademons

How powerful are the Parademons
Started by: Heavenly king

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Heavenly king
The End of All

How powerful are the Parademons

i never seen any info on Dark sied's Parademons. can anyone give me a little info on them?

Old Post May 4th, 2010 01:12 PM
Heavenly king is currently offline Click here to Send Heavenly king a Private Message Find more posts by Heavenly king Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

They are highly variable in their performance. Sometimes they're fodder that streetlevel heroes can mow through while in some cases their punches can make Superman grunt and they can fight Amazons (beings who also vacillate between enhanced humans with impressive martial skill and Class 100 supers who are all consummate warriors) on even footing.

In most cases I'd say Parademons are like enhanced humans with Deathstroke level strength but little to no real skill and usually shitty damage soak (but a high tolerance for pain at the same time).

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post May 4th, 2010 03:14 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heavenly king
The End of All

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omega Vision
They are highly variable in their performance. Sometimes they're fodder that streetlevel heroes can mow through while in some cases their punches can make Superman grunt and they can fight Amazons (beings who also vacillate between enhanced humans with impressive martial skill and Class 100 supers who are all consummate warriors) on even footing.

In most cases I'd say Parademons are like enhanced humans with Deathstroke level strength but little to no real skill and usually shitty damage soak (but a high tolerance for pain at the same time).

i think they may have class 10 ton strength. they seem not to have no type of iq at all. i might be wrong on this

Old Post May 4th, 2010 04:32 PM
Heavenly king is currently offline Click here to Send Heavenly king a Private Message Find more posts by Heavenly king Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by Heavenly king
i think they may have class 10 ton strength. they seem not to have no type of iq at all. i might be wrong on this

Parademons are non-sentient but have some intelligence. They are bred to serve Darkseid and nothing else.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post May 4th, 2010 05:40 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

In the previous Flash series parademons invade and were semi-repelled by regular police...whose bullets pierced and killed the aforementioned parademons. In Cosmic Odyssey one-on-one they were stronger and more durable than Batman...but Bats shot and killed it with a New God gun.

They just seem like cannon fodder to me. They've never actually slowed down Superman or Orion or Krypto when they've attacked Apokolips, just gotten in their way and brushed aside.

Old Post May 5th, 2010 02:21 AM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by Enyalus
In the previous Flash series parademons invade and were semi-repelled by regular police...whose bullets pierced and killed the aforementioned parademons. In Cosmic Odyssey one-on-one they were stronger and more durable than Batman...but Bats shot and killed it with a New God gun.

They just seem like cannon fodder to me. They've never actually slowed down Superman or Orion or Krypto when they've attacked Apokolips, just gotten in their way and brushed aside.

They're essentially DC's Cosmic Hand Ninjas.

Old Post May 5th, 2010 07:51 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Re: How powerful are the Parademons

Originally posted by Heavenly king
i never seen any info on Dark sied's Parademons. can anyone give me a little info on them?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parademons

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 5th, 2010 09:47 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

They vary a lot. My personal theory is that there are mook parademons, and elite parademons.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 7th, 2010 03:52 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I think there was something actually said about how much power being channeled into them varying... though I don't remember the specifics. Maybe something to do with the amount of despair around or something. Immune to pain and stronger than human is standard, but how much can vary, and in big enough number they're a threat to even fairly powerful heroes.

The Parademon that was in Villains United as one of the early members of the Secret Six was quite strong. Also way more independent than normal, so exceptional across the board, really.

Most of them are taken from the most ruthless of Apokolips's Hunger Dogs/, transformed, then as a primary job are then used to control and oppress said Hunger Dogs and brutally quell any riots or problems.

Old Post May 7th, 2010 09:51 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote