KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » AC #260 - What. The. F*ck?

AC #260 - What. The. F*ck?
Started by: Enyalus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

AC #260 - What. The. F*ck?

When I first came to KMC, I had practically zero knowledge of Pre-Crisis Continuity. In order to remedy that, and especially to be able to debate Pre-Crisis Superman better, a while ago I decided to begin reading Superman stories beginning from the Golden Age and ending with about 1978-9 (World's Finest, Superman, AC, Superboy & the Legion.) Today, I read the most disturbing comics story ever....which is saying something considering that just yesterday I was forced to read Mai-Chan's Daily Life.

That story? Action Comics #260. For those of you who have read it, please, feel free to comment on this post and sympathize with me, as I am deeply disturbed. For those who have not read it - fear not, for I feel equally compelled to share with you the plot of this twisted and highly demented tale.

(please log in to view the image)

Like the cover suggests, Superman meets a super-powered woman - in this case from the fourth dimension - and falls in love. After she rescues Lois from a tornado, Superman arrives and they go on a...super-date!

Look, isn't that sweet? She's thinking that his eyes are beautiful. Pay attention to this part - it will become severely disturbing all too soon, I promise.

Their date progresses as they visit Egypt and Milkwaukee (because if anything will impress a gal and get her to put out, its visiting Wisconsin, amirite?), where the ardent Superman overtakes the Maid, and they share a kiss:

Aww, how sweet.

In an effort to be a complete bastard to Lois, he lets her know that he plans on proposing to Mighty Maid and wants her to be there for the lulz (and also to report the story):

As you can see, Mighty Maid and Superman share another passionate kiss, after which Superman makes fun of Lois for being a woman because, well, he's a bastard. Anyway, as you can see, Superman has decided to leave Earth with his new fiancee and live in the fourth-dimension with her. But as they go to leave this plane of existence....

Wait, what's this? Was it all a setup? And who is Mighty Maid really?

OH NO! OH SWEET JESUS NO!! NOT YOUR COUSIN, NOT YOUR FREAKIN' COUSIN??? Superman reveals it was all a trap. Oh, god, and Ackbar hadn't even been invented yet to warn us all.

I hope all of you are reclicking on the pictures of them kissing now, and of Supergirl-as-Mighty-Maid thinking to herself that her own cousin's eyes are beautiful.

Very disturbing, yes? But wait, channeling the dearly departed Billy Mayes, there's more!! Unwilling to leave their story at the level of fail and incestuousness it was already at, DC felt compelled to disturb me, and hopefully all of you even more. After the plot wraps up and everything's back to normal, Superman leaves us with this insightful gem:

That's right. Supergirl is 15 in this story. Also notice that the impressionable young Kara has apparently fallen for her cousin, calling her time as Mighty Maid 'thrilling' and sheds tears as she looks longingly into her cousin's 'beautiful' eyes.

In fact, given all this information, I'm forced to ask what else Superman did besides making out with his own underage cousin that wasn't pictured on-panel? I mean, Superman is so rockin' the pedosmile and sideways glance here:

And what about when he's thinking about how young and (presumably) how hot she is:

With the thumbs up and shit-eating grin, you know he's looking at the readers and telling us, "That's right. I hit that shit."

I hardly post in this subforum, but dude...this called for an exception. On a scale of 1 to 10, exactly how frightening and/or completely arousing is this??

Old Post May 10th, 2010 11:44 PM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Have you never seen the "we can't marry because Kryptonian law forbids cousins intermarrying" scan before?

PC comics were all kinds of messed up to the point where you assume it was because they targeted a disturbed small niche audience rather than the wide audience that truly enjoyed them.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post May 10th, 2010 11:50 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

hey shut up. incest is awesome. her being underage is just a plus eek!

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post May 11th, 2010 07:35 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

He was also pretty racist to boot.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 11th, 2010 08:40 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Haha, the best things in life are free.

Old Post May 11th, 2010 11:07 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

nice...just nice...

Old Post May 11th, 2010 11:38 AM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
He was also pretty racist to boot.

The topic is incest, Pr, not racism. Say something witty about incest. stick out tongue

Anyway, this was too funny to keep to myself. I felt compelled to share. Hopefully others got a laugh from this, too.

Old Post May 11th, 2010 08:48 PM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I'm going to try to buy this comic.

Old Post May 11th, 2010 08:49 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Enyalus
The topic is incest, Pr, not racism. Say something witty about incest. stick out tongue

Anyway, this was too funny to keep to myself. I felt compelled to share. Hopefully others got a laugh from this, too.

umm... incest is best?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 11th, 2010 08:56 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by -Pr-
umm... incest is best?

Umm...when Supergirl is involved its always wincest?

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post May 11th, 2010 09:32 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 12th, 2010 02:30 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cartesian Doubt
Cognito il Sum

Re: AC #260 - What. The. F*ck?

Originally posted by Enyalus

To play massive devils advocate here - but the reason that incestuous relations are considered wrong is because of the following.

1.) Religious accounts of morals
2.) The potential consequences of interbreeding with direct relatives.

The first reason, can be refuted on the grounds its pretty question begging, especially for an Atheist or an Agnostic. So I will disregard it.

The second claims that we are biologically conditioned by evolution to consider incestuous interbreeding as wrong, because of the lack of variation it will cause to the gene pool, and the possibility of reproducing young, with faulty genes - both conflict with are the rules of natural selection.

So I claim, incestuousness is considered wrong, because of the rules of natural selection.

So at face value, we should prescribe the same values to Kryptonian morality -

however, how the hell do we know evolution occurred via the same pathwayon Krypton, as on earth ?

In other words, if incestuous breeding doesn't cause any natural selective problems of Krypton, then why should their incestuous relation be considered wrong ?

This whole absolute notion of incests being wrong, is a bit superficial in my opinion.

Any way, I'm off to crack one off, to a picture of my cousin smile

Last edited by Cartesian Doubt on May 12th, 2010 at 04:40 PM

Old Post May 12th, 2010 04:35 PM
Cartesian Doubt is currently offline Click here to Send Cartesian Doubt a Private Message Find more posts by Cartesian Doubt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Re: Re: AC #260 - What. The. F*ck?

Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt

This whole absolute notion of incests being wrong, is a bit superficial in my opinion.

thumb up

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post May 12th, 2010 04:47 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

To play massive devils advocate here - but the reason that incestuous relations are considered wrong is because of the following.

The first reason, can be refuted on the grounds its pretty question begging, especially for an Atheist or an Agnostic. So I will disregard it.

The second claims that we are biologically conditioned by evolution to consider incestuous interbreeding as wrong, because of the lack of variation it will cause to the gene pool, and the possibility of reproducing young, with faulty genes - both conflict with are the rules of natural selection.

So I claim, incestuousness is considered wrong, because of the rules of natural selection.

however, how the hell do we know evolution occurred via the same pathwayon Krypton, as on earth ?

In other words, if incestuous breeding doesn't cause any natural selective problems of Krypton, then why should their incestuous relation be considered wrong ?

she's also 15.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 12th, 2010 11:41 PM
Omega Vision

Re: Re: AC #260 - What. The. F*ck?

You have some fine points but I'll point out that it is heavily implied that Krypton's evolutionary pathway was convergent with Earth's (or rather the other way around since humanity is younger IIRC).

Also she's 15. A hard 15, but 15 nonetheless.

What's your view on the Westermarck Effect?

Old Post May 13th, 2010 12:59 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

It's a Silver Age story. If it wasn't ****ed up, then you would know that something was wrong.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 13th, 2010 02:00 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Hahaha. Pre-Crisis Superman was the best. God I miss reading those issues.

You just can't come up with stuff like that anymore. Or this:

http://i40.tinypic.com/17fvhg.jpg

Old Post May 17th, 2010 05:49 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

superman is a superd!ck..

Old Post May 17th, 2010 08:48 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Hahaha. Pre-Crisis Superman was the best. God I miss reading those issues.

You just can't come up with stuff like that anymore. Or this:

http://i40.tinypic.com/17fvhg.jpg

Or this:
http://superdickery.com/images/stor...7_4_0000058.jpg

Old Post May 17th, 2010 09:14 PM
super pr*xy

aah, yes.. what wonders those printed WWII propagandas are.. lol.. "slap a jap".. if superman says so, i will be more than willing to be slap happy.. lol..

Old Post May 17th, 2010 11:07 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote