KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » JMS Superman run.

JMS Superman run.
Started by: Spire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Spire

JMS Superman run.

First we have a quote from Matt Idelson(the greatest Superman editor of all time):
Matt: While we'll definitely be seeing some more human-level interaction between Supes and some of his fellow heroes after the War, the path JMS is putting Supes on is a long and lonely one, though the absence of such human friendships to a large degree speaks to what Mr. S. is going to be doing with the character. So I guess the answer here is: gratification...delayed!

Then I read the August solicitations...
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dc-...ons-100517.html

Superman 702 reads:
"Grounded" continues as Superman enters a small town in Ohio where, like many towns, a number of its residents are from other places. But when The Man of Steel discovers that there are also a number of residents secretly from other worlds, he unravels a mystery that may have grave consequences for Earth.

Well?

Old Post May 19th, 2010 01:52 PM
Spire is currently offline Click here to Send Spire a Private Message Find more posts by Spire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I thought Mike Carlin was the best Superman editor ever... shifty

You're not always assured of timeliness with JMS, but you will get quality. He will write Superman as a heavyweight, just like he did with Thor & Silver Surfer.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 20th, 2010 02:18 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cartesian Doubt
Cognito il Sum

I think I'm looking forward to this more than any other comic this year - Superman meets the real world - Could be an absolute disaster, or it could be on par with Supreme Power, Miracle Man, Ultimate's and the C.Nohlans Batman.

Don't usually get mainstream Superman books, to ocontinuity restrained, but I love his "Otherworldly" story lines; "What ever happened to the Man of Tomorrow", "King-dome Come", "All Star Superman", "Birthright".

Old Post May 27th, 2010 02:32 PM
Cartesian Doubt is currently offline Click here to Send Cartesian Doubt a Private Message Find more posts by Cartesian Doubt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spire

Read Superman 700 earlier. JMS's 'Grounded' looks incredibly unimpressive.

"There are some people who feel you had gotten so wrapped up in that other world that you lost touch. How do you respond to them?"

"I--"

"--I don't know."

Old Post Jun 24th, 2010 05:37 AM
Spire is currently offline Click here to Send Spire a Private Message Find more posts by Spire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

(please log in to view the image)

You'll believe a man can fly walk.

EDIT: I changed to the picture so it didn't seem like I was making a joke about Christopher Reeve's be paralyzed. That didn't occured to me when I was making the post. The joke is about Superman walking around the world, not paralysis. embarrasment

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Last edited by srankmissingnin on Jul 1st, 2010 at 12:51 AM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2010 12:41 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote