KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman in 2011 - Action Comics #900, Superman Dynasty and other news

Superman in 2011 - Action Comics #900, Superman Dynasty and other news
Started by: Philosophía

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Superman in 2011 - Action Comics #900, Superman Dynasty and other news

quote:
Action Comics hits a big milestone issue this year, and it only seems appropriate it gets a top-notch cover from a top-notch artist.

Without further ado, David Finch’s cover to ACTION COMICS #900:
(please log in to view the image)

quote:
Superman versus (I’ll argue) his greatest villain. How much more apropos can you get for a landmark cover to Action Comics?

But wait - there’s more! In addition to a 50-page lead story by the team that’s been punching this book out of the park for for the last ten issues, Paul Cornell and Pete Woods, the oversized 900th issue will also feature short stories by some very exciting names to be announced soon.

--

quote:
Superman’s walk across the United States is taking him to a lot of interesting places. However, this isn’t a landmark I recognize from any of my American history classes…

Keep reading, Superman fans.

Chris Roberson, the new Superman writer on where the story will go:

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2011/0...ican-heartland/

quote:
Superman’s walk across the country is a long one, but he won’t be alone; writer Chris Roberson will have several of the DCU’s biggest heroes join him at different points of his journey.

Take it away, Chris:

“On an unconscious level, Superman’s return to the American Heartland in an attempt to reconnect with the values that he has begun to question, and to revisit the kinds of places where he had his earliest formative experiences

As 2011 unfolds, we’ll see Superman get to the real heart of this journey, both geographically and emotionally, as he encounters allies and enemies that remind him of key moments in his past. An encounter with the Flash in Colorado serves to remind Superman of the time he and teenaged Lex Luthor shared a detention hall. A meeting with Batman in the Utah desert calls to mind the time Clark Kent and a young Bruce Wayne defended a village in Bhutran from Vandal Savage, who was searching for the road to Nanda Parbat. And of course, those are only two of the eight stories we’ll be telling.”

- Chris Roberson

Doomsday's return:

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2011/0...-doomsday-want/

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jan 4th, 2011 08:22 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 4th, 2011 08:32 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

After the JMS disappointment I have almost zero expectations, but we'll see. Chris Roberson's Superman/Batman was pretty good, his ideeas for the continuation of the Grounded storyline seem good and we haven't yet seen Paul Cornell's Superman.

I can't say the Doomsday storyline has started good from those pages, though.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2011 08:35 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It's just underwhelming in general imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 4th, 2011 08:38 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

I was half-expecting a "Mark Waid is the new Superman writer" announcement but..

Old Post Jan 4th, 2011 08:39 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

We can only hope.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 4th, 2011 08:40 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

A good looking drawing by David Finch? And of Superman no less? Well that settles it, enjoy your last year on earth everyone, it really is the end of days. Never thought I'd live to see the day Finch was doing better work than Cassaday.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 4th, 2011 09:51 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Can't wait for the AC #900! Gotta agree with what you said about the Doomsday previews Phil, Steel took Doomsdays punch right to his head, kinda left me with the feeling bla, suppose to be his big return and that doesn't really instill much fear in him...

The Word

Old Post Jan 4th, 2011 10:05 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Steel #1 spoiler .. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: he dies, apparently.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2011 11:02 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Philosophía
Steel #1 spoiler .. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: he dies, apparently.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: So Doomsday isn't crap then. Yay.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 4th, 2011 11:48 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I just read it... Damn.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 6th, 2011 07:30 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

That fight was brutal.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 10:50 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote