KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Mr Mxyzptlk question

Mr Mxyzptlk question
Started by: Revelation64

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Revelation64

Mr Mxyzptlk question

I didnt exactly know where to put this question so I figured since he is as Superman villain I would put it ere. Anyways ive always wondered if Mxy is powerful for a 5th dimesional being or is he the same as every other 5th dimensional being? Or is he weaker than average? I know in the new 52 he is a jester so that kind of led me to believe he is weak for a 5th dimesional being. Ay help is appreciated.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2013 07:16 PM
Revelation64 is currently offline Click here to Send Revelation64 a Private Message Find more posts by Revelation64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

In general, Mxy is average for a being of his domain, at least that's as far as my understanding of it goes.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 27th, 2013 07:31 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

More times than not Mxy is portrayed as an average 5D denizen. There are a few issues where he has been depicted well above average, though.

Feat-wise, however, he is far and away the most powerful imp.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 27th, 2013 08:53 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ClayWorm

In new 52 it goes like this. Any 5D being can do whatever it wants IF it will learn the tricks. Mxy learned alot of stuff and whats more importants had better imagination. So yes, Mxy is above average 5D citizen. Its just many 5D people didn't care for tricks at all, if some does magic, ok its fun to watch, do it yourself ? Nah, too lazy for that - Cows are flying, Sun is warm, nothing better than my home.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2013 10:21 AM
ClayWorm is currently offline Click here to Send ClayWorm a Private Message Find more posts by ClayWorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

He's always been portrayed as being an average Imp.
Feat wise, like galan said the most powerful from that dimension, but only in the 3D.
Its been stated that, 5D imps percieve the 3rd dimension as a sheet of paper, they can do what ever they want on that piece of paper, erase what they what, or just rip it to pieces and dispose it.
So say for arguments sake franklin richards was transported to the 5th dimension, he would be powerless.
The source of imps power is also complicated this is how many believe it is........
Mxy's power comes from VERY advanced imp tech, but because it is pretty much impossible to understand and thus it is percieved by the DCU as magic, it used to be just magic, then it got retconned to what i just said.
So if any other 5D Imp has the same tech or maybe even more advanced, they would be capable of what mxy is capable of and more

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2013 12:45 PM
TheDude666 is currently offline Click here to Send TheDude666 a Private Message Find more posts by TheDude666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote