KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Who is the apockolypse?

Who is the apockolypse?
Started by: rwendelin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
rwendelin
Famke Fan

Who is the apockolypse?

Who is it? ANd what is up with the age of the apockolypse? I am not a big fan of the X-Men comics but I like the movies. So I have no clue what some of you people are talking about and i would like to get a better idea of what you are talking about.
Thanks
Famke Fan all the way!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 10:52 PM
rwendelin is currently offline Click here to Send rwendelin a Private Message Find more posts by rwendelin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blopster
Cosmic Forces Controller!

Apocalypse is an ancient mutant who was born WAAAAY back in ancient Egypt. His history is insanely long, so I'll just give you the skinny on him:

Power: Can alter his molecular structure any way he wants, allowing him to grow massively huge, change his arms to weapons of any kind, regeneration, super strength and much more.

Short History: He was born in ancient egypt and upsurped the Pharaoh of the time, Rama-tut (who was a time-traveller). Later, Apocalypse found a Ship engineered by the Celestials (superpowerful beings who are basically gods) and gained unlimited knowledge and the key to prolonging his life through regeneration chambers. He firmly believes in Darwinism (only the strong survive) and would prove to be a world conqueror in the 3000s. However, he was recently killed by Jean Grey (Phoenix IV) and Cable after Apocalypse possessed Cyclops in order to prolong his life.

If you want the full details & history of Apocalypse, go here:

http://24.188.68.181:8000/apocalypse.html

As for the Age of Apocalypse (often referred to by comic fans as AoA) was an alternate timeline that occured when Legion (Xavier's son) went back in time to kill Magneto, in order to prevent him from being the chief opponent of Xavier's dream, but Xavier threw himself in the way and was killed instead. This created an alternate timeline where Apocalypse rose up to conquer North America, Magneto carried on Xavier's dream and was leader of the X-Men, and just about every character was altered in some fashion (Cyclops & Beast were bad guys, Rogue & Magneto were married & had a son, Wolverine & Jean were lovers, and much more). It was fixed when Bishop (who wasn't affected by the changed timeline, since he's a time anomaly himself, was sent back and stopped Legion from killing Xavier.

If you want a full account of the Age of Apocalypse, go here:

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/time/...&fldAuto=57

Hope that helps.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2003 03:30 AM
Blopster is currently offline Click here to Send Blopster a Private Message Find more posts by Blopster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

Well Blopster covered everything, so I am gone. Good bye!

Old Post Aug 17th, 2003 06:39 AM
Maximus_E. is currently offline Click here to Send Maximus_E. a Private Message Find more posts by Maximus_E. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

Apocalypse is so cool

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 10:15 PM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maifoshis

Cool

Apocalypse will kick any mutants ass!!!!!

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 03:55 PM
maifoshis is currently offline Click here to Send maifoshis a Private Message Find more posts by maifoshis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Apocolypse spells the hardest trials of the X-Men.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 06:32 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

And he was also the very first mutant ever

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 12:56 AM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

but sadely he dies

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 12:57 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

The Apocolypse will return it's just a matter of time. (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 02:14 PM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blopster
Cosmic Forces Controller!

Joe Quesada (Editor-in-Chief at Marvel) hinted that Apocalypse might come back at a recent comic expo.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 09:50 PM
Blopster is currently offline Click here to Send Blopster a Private Message Find more posts by Blopster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metroplex

Well he always comes back. Like i think it was in the executioner saga when he got his ass kicked by the dark riders but then he regenerated and came back. Its ironic how he always says survival of the fittest when he can barely survive an attack by his own servants.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 10:51 PM
Metroplex is currently offline Click here to Send Metroplex a Private Message Find more posts by Metroplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

quote:
Originally posted by Metroplex
Well he always comes back. Like i think it was in the executioner saga when he got his ass kicked by the dark riders but then he regenerated and came back. Its ironic how he always says survival of the fittest when he can barely survive an attack by his own servants.

Well you just stated that he came back so he did survive.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 11:28 PM
jameshowlett
the one

AOA was cool but i like the nathan summers thing

neo reaching for blue pill

morpheus: .... i'll pay you $20 to take the red pill

neo: .... deal

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 11:32 PM
jameshowlett is currently offline Click here to Send jameshowlett a Private Message Find more posts by jameshowlett Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote