KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Magma Pics

Magma Pics
Started by: Mana4X2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mana4X2
To die for, Savvy?

Magma Pics

Since there is no thread for this wonderful character I thought I would start one. I love Amara! Please add your pics here too. Thanks!

Magma II">Real Name: Allison Crestmere
Former Aliases: Amara Juliana Olivians Aquilla
First Appearance: New Mutants #8 (disguised), New Mutants #9 (as Amara Aquilla), New Mutants #10 (as Magma I)
Known Relatives: Lucius Antonius Aquilla (adopted father), Mother (unnamed, deceased)
Group Affiliation: None, formerly New Hellions, Hellions, New Mutants
Known Allies: Empath, New Mutants, Hercules
Major Enemies: Fenris, Selene
Powers: Geothermal manipulation
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 124 lbs
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Blonde

Raised in the city of Nova Roma in the heart of the Brazilian jungle, young Amara was raised in the traditions of ancient Rome, since the city was supposedly built by ancestors of the Romans. Nova Roma was also home to Selene, who attempted to kill the young Amara by pushing her into a volcano. This incident manifested her mutant powers, allowing her the ability to control fire, magma, and earthquakes.

The New Mutants helped Amara, now calling herself Magma, in stopping Selene, and she then joined the team. [New Mutants #10-11]

At first Amara had trouble adjusting to civilization, but she became a worthy asset to the team. She also became a love interest for Cannonball, but both of them were too shy for anything to eventuate. A highlight in Amara's life was when she met Hercules, a being from her people's religion, in person. At first she did not believe him to be the real half-god the mythology was based upon, but when they together saved a child from a burning building, she regained her faith. [New Mutants #81]

During the New Mutants' many battles with the Hellions, Magma came to realize that she was in love with the Hellion known as Empath. She decided to transfer to Emma Frost's Massachusetts Academy to be with him. [New Mutants #57]

Shortly thereafter, the pair left for Nova Roma, because Amara wanted to introduce Manuel to her father. [New Mutant #62]

When the majority of the Hellions were killed by Trevor Fitzroy, her former teammates Firestar, Warpath, and Cannonball paid her a visit to deliver the sad news. Once there, they found something was mot quite right with Nova Roma. As they investigated, Empath confessed that he had discovered that Nova Roma was a lie. All its citizens were people kidnapped and brainwashed by Selene to keep them at a low technological and theological level so they would worship and sustain her. Amara was, in actuality, Allison Crestmere, the daughter of a British Ambassador. Empath and Allison decided to stay and help the people adjust to life in the 20th Century. [New Warriors (1st series) #31]

Later, both Magma and Empath were targets of Fenris during the Younghunt, an event organized by the Gamesmaster, which involved hunting down the last remaining members of the Hellions and the New Mutants. They were rescued from Fenris' clutches by X-Force. Magma then decided that it was time to search for her parents in England, and around this time she also called off her relationship with Empath. [X-Force #32, #34]

Later still, Magma joined King Bedlam's New Hellions team. When he unleashed the Armageddon Man on the U.S., Magma stayed and helped X-Force shut down a nuclear reactor to stop the villain. After this, Magma left for parts unknown. [X-Force #87-90]

The Church of Humanity, an organization with an intense hatred for mutants, later abducted magma. They had her crucified in front of the Xavier Institute and left to die. Magma recovered from this traumatic experience thanks to Archangel's blood, which has the ability to heal. [Uncanny X-Men #423]

Norrington: "You actually were telling the truth."
Jack: "I do that quite a lot, yet people are always surprised."

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 10:49 AM
Mana4X2 is currently offline Click here to Send Mana4X2 a Private Message Find more posts by Mana4X2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mana4X2
To die for, Savvy?

Magma

Attachment: new mutants 3.jpg
This has been downloaded 206 time(s).

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 12:17 PM
Mana4X2 is currently offline Click here to Send Mana4X2 a Private Message Find more posts by Mana4X2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mana4X2
To die for, Savvy?

New Mutants 13

Attachment: new mutants 13.jpg
This has been downloaded 200 time(s).

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 12:18 PM
Abbita

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 01:20 PM
Abbita is currently offline Click here to Send Abbita a Private Message Find more posts by Abbita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abbita

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 01:21 PM
Abbita is currently offline Click here to Send Abbita a Private Message Find more posts by Abbita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abbita

thats all i can find

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 01:23 PM
kohl
into the void

---

Attachment: magma.gif
This has been downloaded 183 time(s).

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 10:11 PM
kohl is currently offline Click here to Send kohl a Private Message Find more posts by kohl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kohl
into the void

-----

Attachment: magma02.jpg
This has been downloaded 183 time(s).

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 10:12 PM
kohl is currently offline Click here to Send kohl a Private Message Find more posts by kohl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mana4X2
To die for, Savvy?

Thanks guys. That third pic, Abbita, is my fav pic. Again, I can't load the other pics of Magma I have cos they are bmps. miffed sad

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 01:15 PM
Mana4X2
To die for, Savvy?

Magma

Attachment: magma_redesign.jpg
This has been downloaded 184 time(s).

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 01:03 PM
Paola
Ronin

quote:
Originally posted by Mana4X2
Thanks guys. That third pic, Abbita, is my fav pic. Again, I can't load the other pics of Magma I have cos they are bmps. miffed sad

eek! send them to me and I'll change them into .jpg's...... if you want embarrasment
big grin

by Scythe

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 04:41 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

is magma in x evolution

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 06:27 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
V@LL3jOk!D707

shes is and her name in evo is amara aquilla.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 06:31 AM
V@LL3jOk!D707 is currently offline Click here to Send V@LL3jOk!D707 a Private Message Find more posts by V@LL3jOk!D707 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

oh ok.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 06:31 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arcane
Dark Resurrection

quote:
Originally posted by Abbita

magma is kool, but this pic makes her look pregnant

Blindfold: What does the pixie dust make then see?
Pixie: I have no idea, something awesome I bet

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 06:32 AM
Arcane is currently offline Click here to Send Arcane a Private Message Find more posts by Arcane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
V@LL3jOk!D707

Attachment: magma.gif
This has been downloaded 146 time(s).

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 06:34 AM
V@LL3jOk!D707 is currently offline Click here to Send V@LL3jOk!D707 a Private Message Find more posts by V@LL3jOk!D707 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
V@LL3jOk!D707

Attachment: magma3.gif
This has been downloaded 146 time(s).

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 06:34 AM
Shadow_King
-

cool pic everyone.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 06:37 AM
Mana4X2
To die for, Savvy?

Yay! I just figured out how to add my bmp pics. Coolness!

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 09:59 AM
Paola
Ronin

didn't you send them to me, Mana? no

by Scythe

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 12:52 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote