KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » X-Men Origins: Wolverine

X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Started by: Praylu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (55): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Wolverine The Movie

Discuss the Wolverine movie's news, production, actors, etc. that is now OFFICIALLY happening. Hope this isn't closed because its not a general discussion about the character like the others it's only for the movie.

David Benioff to Write Wolverine Spinoff!
Source: Variety
October 5, 2004

20th Century Fox has hired "Troy" screenwriter David Benioff to write Wolverine, a spinoff focusing on the character from the studio's "X-Men" films and Marvel comics. Variety reports that Benioff will write with the expectation that a deal will be made for Hugh Jackman to reprise his role as the superhero.

The trade adds that the film will likely be produced by the "X-Men" duo of Lauren Shuler Donner and Marvel Studios' Avi Arad, though those talks haven't been completed.

Benioff seems an unusual choice for the project, but he is a fan of the comic book. Fox will press forward with Wolverine development while simultaneously preparing its third installment of "X-Men," which will be written by Simon Kinberg.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Oct 5th, 2004 06:50 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prodigy
Mutant

I heard about this awhile ago... maybe it'll tell about his past? That was one rumor.

"I should be in jail. Maybe I'll turn myself in right before I die so death row won't be so bad." ~ Me

Old Post Oct 5th, 2004 06:55 AM
Prodigy is currently offline Click here to Send Prodigy a Private Message Find more posts by Prodigy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by Prodigy
I heard about this awhile ago... maybe it'll tell about his past? That was one rumor.

Yeah but until now it was only speculation that the film would be made. Now it is official because it has a writer. Yes it will definitely be about his past and X3 is about everything happening now.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2004 07:08 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 5th, 2004 07:21 AM
Prodigy
Mutant

Squee! Where'dja find that pic?

"I should be in jail. Maybe I'll turn myself in right before I die so death row won't be so bad." ~ Me

Old Post Oct 5th, 2004 07:25 AM
Prodigy is currently offline Click here to Send Prodigy a Private Message Find more posts by Prodigy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by Prodigy
Squee! Where'dja find that pic?

I did a search and found it. It's not the real poster for the movie because they don't have one yet but it still looks like a great teaser to me though.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2004 07:28 AM
Praylu

Old Post Oct 5th, 2004 07:40 AM
Prodigy
Mutant

Yeah, I didn't think it was official; but, like you said, something to whet our appetites!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2004 07:41 AM
Praylu

Old Post Oct 5th, 2004 07:51 AM
Praylu

5 October 2004

Can we get a SNIKT! in the house?!!
Wolvie fans, you may commence rejoicing right about now - today Variety reports that screenwriter David Benioff (Troy) has been hired by 20th Century Fox to develop a Wolverine screenplay, and it's expected a deal will be out soon to Hugh to reprise the role. (X3, meanwhile, will continue to develop simultaneously; no details yet as to how the spinoff will affect the part Logan plays in the next sequel.) Visit Comingsoon.net for further details.

SOURCE

Old Post Oct 5th, 2004 06:56 PM
Arcane
Dark Resurrection

well sabretooth has to be in it, they have alot of past together, well in the comics they do, i wonder what other mutants will be in it

Blindfold: What does the pixie dust make then see?
Pixie: I have no idea, something awesome I bet

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 03:32 AM
Arcane is currently offline Click here to Send Arcane a Private Message Find more posts by Arcane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by /\RK
well sabretooth has to be in it, they have alot of past together, well in the comics they do, i wonder what other mutants will be in it

True. Since Wolverine doesn't remember much they can always put Sabertooth and Deathstrike into it.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 03:33 AM
Arcane
Dark Resurrection

about deathstrike, so in the comics she is a cyborg, liek a robot

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 03:34 AM
Arcane is currently offline Click here to Send Arcane a Private Message Find more posts by Arcane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

quote:
about deathstrike, so in the comics she is a cyborg, liek a robot

Yeah in the comics she is a cyborg but in the movie she is like Wolverine. This is just an idea but since Wolverine can't rmember anything and Deathstrike was under mind control we don't know of any past history between them in X2. So maybe in the Wolverine film they could have been past lovers.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 03:42 AM
Arcane
Dark Resurrection

yes but now they can make her an admantium cyborg, coz she is full of it now big grin

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 03:47 AM
Praylu

quote:
yes but now they can make her an admantium cyborg, coz she is full of it now big grin

Yeah but if its a prequel they can't wink They will just have to go with something like my past lovers idea if they put her in his movie.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 03:49 AM
Praylu

SOURCE: x3movie.net

OCTOBER 5, 2004 - WOLVERINE SPIN-OFF MOVING FORWARD!

We mentioned a long while back that Fox would develop X3 and WOLVERINE around the same time. Today, news broke from Variety that 20th Century Fox is indeed moving forward with a WOLVERINE spin-off film by hiring screenwriter, David Benioff (TROY) for the project! The film would see the popular X-Men character, Wolverine, go off in his own adventures. To date, Tyler 'Sabertooth' Man and Kelly 'Deathstrike' Hu both have options to return for future X-MEN films OR spin-offs, so will we be seeing them in the film? We'll see! Hugh Jackman is not yet signed for the spin-off, or X3. Fox will likely try inking a two-picture deal with the actor, which could be in the $20 mil range!

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 04:01 AM
Arcane
Dark Resurrection

quote:
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
Yeah but if its a prequel they can't wink They will just have to go with something like my past lovers idea if they put her in his movie.

yeh but in the third one she can be in it

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 01:12 AM
Shadow_King
-

OMG OMEGA RED.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 01:15 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
X-FAN

I hate prequels, I already know what happened to wolverine. This is why the fist Xmen movie wasn't as good as it could have been, it explained every thing I already knew.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 07:18 AM
X-FAN is currently offline Click here to Send X-FAN a Private Message Find more posts by X-FAN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote