KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Imperial guards

Imperial guards
Started by: apocalyptic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
apocalyptic

Imperial guards

Does anyone remember the fight between the imperial guards and the x-men in the episode “The Dark Phoenix Saga: The Fate of the Phoenix” on the 90s cartoon version of X-men. I thought the X-men should have been victorious had they put up a better fight and they could of easily done so, and here’s how they could of been victorious, below I have listed each member of each team and who there opponent should be and stated whether who would win. I have tried to put members with similar powers to battle one another i.e. Jean Grey vs Oracle as both are telepaths or Rogue vs Gladiator both have strength etc hope this makes sense.

As they are so many members of the imperial guards I have chosen the opponents with the same powers if not similar.

Cyclops vs. Star Bolt or Tempest or Impulse or Manta Winner = Cyclops

Storm Vs Earthquake or Electron Winner = Storm

Jean Grey Vs Oracle or Manta Winner = Oracle as she is a powerful telepath

Beast vs. Hussar or Fang Not sure who would win this fight

Wolverine and Gambit vs. Warstar (B’nee and C’cil) Winner = Wolverine and Gambit

Rogue vs. Gladiator or Smasher or Titan winner = Rogue as she could absorb gladiators powers hence making him weaker

Jubilee vs. Blimp Winner = Jubilee only weakest imperial guard character I could think of

Any comments?

In the 1990s cartoon version of the X-men, Magneto's cadre in the opening sequence includes Juggernaut, Thunderbird, Gargoyle, Pyro, Mystique, Sabretooth, & Avalanche. Does anyone have any information on the gargoyle character, the colour of his costume is green and yellow I think and has a large forehead, and he may briefly appeared in season one episode of Slave Island

Also any info on the members of the inner circle and the members of the acolytes who appeared in part 1 and 2 in the episode titled sanctuary, season 4 and there powers would be appreciated.

Cheers and apologies for any errors be it English or on the x-men limited knowledge on this subject hence the questions.

Last edited by Paola on Dec 12th, 2004 at 03:55 PM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 01:20 AM
apocalyptic is currently offline Click here to Send apocalyptic a Private Message Find more posts by apocalyptic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sage Tessa
[ cyberpathic ]

Re: Imperial guards

quote:
Originally posted by apocalyptic Hope I make sense lol cheers. [/B]

Not really... erm
Anyway, here's a link to alot of information about (and some pictures of) the Shi'ar Imperial Guard and its members: http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/pov/s...&fldAuto=52

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 01:34 AM
Sage Tessa is currently offline Click here to Send Sage Tessa a Private Message Find more posts by Sage Tessa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

All I can do is give you a pic of the Imperial Guard.

enjoy!

Attachment: imperialguard.jpg
This has been downloaded 146 time(s).

by Scythe

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 01:36 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
apocalyptic

cheers but do know of a website which has there powers listed

Last edited by apocalyptic on Nov 4th, 2004 at 10:43 PM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 10:40 PM
apocalyptic is currently offline Click here to Send apocalyptic a Private Message Find more posts by apocalyptic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
apocalyptic

the mutants who i was trying to name were gargoyle (think) and thunderbird.

Magneto's cadre in the opening sequence of the 1990s cartoon version of the x-men include Juggernaut, Thunderbird, Gargoyle, Pyro, Mystique, Sabretooth, & Avalanche.

Last edited by apocalyptic on Nov 5th, 2004 at 12:16 AM

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 12:12 AM
Sage Tessa
[ cyberpathic ]

quote:
Originally posted by apocalyptic
cheers but do know of a website which has there powers listed

I re-iterate: http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/pov/s...&fldAuto=52
Scroll down towards the bottom...

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 12:15 AM
Sage Tessa is currently offline Click here to Send Sage Tessa a Private Message Find more posts by Sage Tessa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
apocalyptic

cheers sage tessa i eventually found the information i required. Also if you are interested check out marvel directory.com it is a huge database of the marvel comics characters (lack of a better word) bios.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 12:22 AM
sbo

The x-men's fight with the Imperial guard was one of the best battles in the cartoon series, even though the x-men got their butts kicked. The Rogue vs. gladiator fight was especially good, she almost had him beat.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 07:10 AM
sbo is currently offline Click here to Send sbo a Private Message Find more posts by sbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
apocalyptic

sbo dont you think the x-men could of given a bette battle then that.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2004 01:26 AM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

http://www.almondink.com/gallery/ig.html

Here's a good pin-up type image of the Imperial Guard. Pencils by Sal Velluto and inks by Bob Almond.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2004 01:51 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
apocalyptic

cool pics

Old Post Nov 11th, 2004 07:21 PM
sbo

the x-men probably should have been able to put up a better fight than they did, they got beaten up pretty quickly. The Imperial Guard seemed to recover from anything the x-men threw at them while they x-men went down easily.
I should probably just say the Rogue/gladiator fight was one of the best.
Although I think she probably should have been able to take a building collapsing on her without getting knocked out.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2004 11:21 PM
sbo is currently offline Click here to Send sbo a Private Message Find more posts by sbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote